[OT] Persona 5

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6527745]Got my first game hour in. Wow....love the visual style of everything. So awesome to be playing Persona again.[/QUOTE]
Only took like 10 years right lol?

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="FinalxxSin, post: 6527747]Only took like 10 years right lol?[/QUOTE]

lol....it has been a LONG wait. But suddenly.....worth it. :D

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
ah man....this game is epic. Love the changes they have made to the combat. Story and writing is top notch. The music is AMAZING. Voice acting is really good. And I'm just 5 hours in!

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Got the game. Its really good so far put in 20-30 hours so far Persona just the way it should be with some improvements. Glad the game has done well for sales. Good they started fresh from the P3/P4 world.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Closing in on 20 hours. Got got to the barrier of the second palace. So easy to get obsessed with this game. Always one more thing to do before I stop playing. Hard to stop!

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6527959]Closing in on 20 hours. Got got to the barrier of the second palace. So easy to get obsessed with this game. Always one more thing to do before I stop playing. Hard to stop![/QUOTE] I spent most of the week since I got it playing the game its really addictive just like Persona 3 and 4 were to me. 32 hours in so far and completed the fourth palace which the dungeon part was more challenging than the others so far.

Whos your favorite character so far?

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="AsterPhoenix, post: 6528082]I spent most of the week since I got it playing the game its really addictive just like Persona 3 and 4 were to me. 32 hours in so far and completed the fourth palace which the dungeon part was more challenging than the others so far.

Whos your favorite character so far?[/QUOTE]

Hit twenty hours. Trying to stay focused on non-Palace stuff. I missed going to the juice stand one Sunday. Checked my saves but I was a couple of hours past. Not going down that road. I'll never finish the game!

I like Ryuji. Reminds me of P3's Junpei and P4's Yosuke, but he comes across as more badass. Probably cuz of the skull mask. lol

Who is yours?

Apr 11, 2017
I just finished the first palace and am up to the second mememto quest. Iv been playing it on hard but i cant beat this boss so im thinking of turning it down to normal. I hope its not too easy

Does anyone have experience playing it on hard on their first playthrough?

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6528084]Hit twenty hours. Trying to stay focused on non-Palace stuff. I missed going to the juice stand one Sunday. Checked my saves but I was a couple of hours past. Not going down that road. I'll never finish the game!

I like Ryuji. Reminds me of P3's Junpei and P4's Yosuke, but he comes across as more badass. Probably cuz of the skull mask. lol

Who is yours?[/QUOTE]

Probably try and get everything once I do a new game plus at some point as well. Missed a social link I think.
Ryuji yup hes Persona 5's Junpei and Persona 4's Yosuke but with more guts and says silly stuff at times ( Times in the story im like omg your so stupid) but he can be smart at times as well . So far I like lot of the Social Link characters specially Tae and Hifumi.

Makoto I like the most out of the main characters so far she has some flaws as well and she has to put up with a lot throughout the story from what i've played as well as made some good character development.

Cant compare the cast from the other games as of yet. But glad its still feels a fresh unique Persona experience.

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Elrad, post: 6528163]I just finished the first palace and am up to the second mememto quest. Iv been playing it on hard but i cant beat this boss so im thinking of turning it down to normal. I hope its not too easy

Does anyone have experience playing it on hard on their first playthrough?[/QUOTE]

I'm playing on Normal. Beat that boss the first try, but it wasn't easy. May just have to level up more which isn't always easy to do with the time management.

One thing about the game I don't care for is that if your character goes down then you lose. Seems like prior Persona's as long as you had someone alive.....you could keep going. Memory is hazy on that though.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yup if you're the only one left it can be hard to fight back unless you immune to the element or physical that the enemies use and you got characters who are not its harder reviving some of them. I had to solo a mini boss in the 5 or 6th palace.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6528170]One thing about the game I don't care for is that if your character goes down then you lose. Seems like prior Persona's as long as you had someone alive.....you could keep going. Memory is hazy on that though.[/QUOTE]
It's funny because I remember it the same but according to the "We Cannot Go on Without You" TV Tropes page, it actually applies to a lot of Shin Megami Tensei games.

Last edited:

Christopher

Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Geez......I've got 43 hours into this game and I just beat the third palace at level 27. Have no clue how much game is left, but feel like I'm just scratching the surface with the story.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Looking back im glad that Persona 5 overall turned out to be a really good game. Lot of RPGs with a long development cycle don't deliver but im glad Persona 5 managed to keep the essence of the other games while adding things that made the experience amazing.

Overall compared to Persona 3 and 5. The dungeon design was top notch, gameplay still is good with just some good additions and what I liked most was the world perspective of you feel like your fighting the problems of the world and trying to fight back against it which I liked a lot more than 4 in that regard since 4 was a not as dark but I feel Persona 3 was darker in tone so 5 was sort of inbetween.

Main characters I liked a little more in Persona 3 and 4 in ways but the social link and side characters besides Adachi I liked more in Persona 5.
Story was good but the pacing was similar to Persona 4 at the end just rushes a bit.

Im glad they made this one is a good experience in it's own way just like Persona 3 was to 4 and Persona 4 to 5 plus that's what you want out of a new Persona entry.

Last edited: