Very happy so far with my PS5. Here's a brief summary of my experience.
• GUI is slick, fast and nice. Truly next gen.
• Love the controller. It's just a great piece of hardware with innovation features that do matter.
• Everything loads fast.
• Charge station is a MUST. Also, it looks very nice.
• Can play PS4 version of games so I can play multi with friends with PS4s. In parallel, can install the PS5 version. Very nice.
• For those new at PlayStation, PS Plus Collection is an awesome addition.
• The kids absolutely love Astro's Playroom.
This would be an absolute killer if Sony did upgrade their PS4 Hits (GOW, TLOU2 and many others) It's a pity they didn't. Also, FFVII Remake could've had a boost.
So far, no glitches or any other issues. Can't measure heat, but the console stays cold on tact (though I know plates don't have direct contact with the inside)
I still suspect the Digital version has a better airflow than the Disk version.
Battery life do fall short compared to those on the Xbox, similar to the DualShock (perhaps a bit better) this is why I absolutely recommend the charge stations (and an additional controller). Switching controllers with it is very easy... even pleasant. It also looks good .
So far so good. Well done Sony.
So, hardware wise, it looks like Sony is covered. I'm wondering if they will ever improve their customer policies. I haven't bought a single USD70 games (and probably never will) It just feels so wrong compared to Game Pass and most 3rd party prices. It's a good thing I have a decent back log to catch up with while those prices go down.
Currently playing FIFA 21 (mostly upgrading my Pro Player) and FFVII Remake.
Installed backlog: AC Valhalla, Uncharted 4, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5.
Edit: Some Pics.