[OT] Project Cars

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
t runs like a dream with my Driving Force Pro so you'll be fine with your G27. One of these days I'll get a wheel with a clutch.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
The console versions of Project Cars have PC-like graphics settings.During a recent hands-on opportunity, Digital Foundry spotted visual effects menus in both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the racing game.

Options are arranged into a number of menus, including "Visual FX", "Authenticity", "Field of View" and "Movement". We can tweak post-process features such as bloom, crepuscular rays and screen-space effects (rain/dirt), and tailor the field of view to our liking.

We're used to PC games offering these sorts of graphics options, but console games typically do not allow players to tweak the visuals to such an extent.

These options tend to have an impact on PC game performance. Unfortunately, Digital Foundry was unable to thoroughly test their impact on the console versions of Project Cars, but we've asked developer Slightly Mad Studios for more information. It's worth noting Slightly Mad Studios recently confirmed the PS4 version of Project Cars runs at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second, and the Xbox One version runs at 900p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Here's what Digital Foundry's Tom Morgan had to say:
"Project Cars' range of lighting effects is impressive. Both consoles boast an extensive visual effects menu to tweak each aspect, and though not as full-bodied as the PC's full graphics menu, we do get a level of flexibility rarely seen on console."

Source
I like that they've gone the extra mile on consoles. For those of you picking this up on PS4/XBo sounds like your in for a treat :)

Now i wish other developers would allow us to change the FOV in FPS (Bungie I'm looking right at you!) but I know that is down to a power thing.

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
And there you have it then, finally you guys will be able to play something that I have for the last 3 years. :D

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6438225]And there you have it then, finally you guys will be able to play something that I have for the last 3 years. :D[/QUOTE]

Then you can finally stop rubbing it in :lol:

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6438225]And there you have it then, finally you guys will be able to play something that I have for the last 3 years. :D[/QUOTE]But we're still waiting for PC elitist fanboys to no longer feel the need to troll the Ps4 section. Smh.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="BBK.., post: 6438503]:lol:

Note to self: Read the entire post before trying to be a smart ass :lol: Oh dear![/QUOTE]

It's all good mate, It happens to us all :lol:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6438817]the df hands on is troubling...during rain start ups, the game crawls! ps4 drops to 35fps while the xb1 is in the 20s! hopefully they patch it up after release or a lot of people will avoid a full grid race in the rain[/QUOTE]

Something they probably know about already so wouldn't be surprised if it was day 1 patched!

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I really wish I could buy a wheel. I know they would make me love racing games so much more but I don't think I play enough racing games to warrant buying one. But on the other hand, I bet buying one would make me play the genre a lot more. What to do :lol:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 6439230]I'm soooo looking forward to this! Gotta get my cockpit rig ready to go![/QUOTE]

I remember you had one hell of a setup for racing games, didn't you?

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6439383]Updated OT name. :snicker

Really want to play this - have been yearning for a car customisation game.[/QUOTE]

It's allegedly gone gold so hoping there will be no more delays, but you never know with this generation but I think we can safety say we shall be seeing this game in stores come May 8th :D

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Well the build is currently at 987 as of Friday so it possible could have gone gold. It's mostly MP testing now so I'd imagine there will be patches on day one or shortly after the game releases.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6439767]Well the build is currently at 987 as of Friday so it possible could have gone gold. It's mostly MP testing now so I'd imagine there will be patches on day one or shortly after the game releases.[/QUOTE]

Are you getting this on PS4 Varsh?

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Most likely not because I've been playing the game with a wheel, and the game I feel plays much better with a wheel than with a gamepad - the latter still plays nicely though. My wheel from 2003 I don't think cuts the mustard on the PS4. :snicker

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6439806]Most likely not because I've been playing the game with a wheel, and the game I feel plays much better with a wheel than with a gamepad - the latter still plays nicely though. My wheel from 2003 I don't think cuts the mustard on the PS4. :snicker[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, guess it will just have to be BBk's ass I kick on it then :lol: