[OT] PSU Online Events

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Ladies! Gentlemen!
Apples and pears!

As you may or may not know, Duffman and I have been organizing an online event (of which the topics were seen in the PS4 section).
There was a clear notice that this could work out fine if there aren't any issues, so in response to that, I've created this Official Thread.

Here, you can discuss anything on/about/around the events and if you have any ideas, you're more than welcome to shout them.

As a starter, I'd like to have a small revision about today's event;
There was definitely interest shown, we were with 7 people on voicechat and it was fun to talk to you guys!
Sadly enough, as seen in the news, there's some issues around PSN today, where we couldn't join eachother anymore after a bit on The Last Of Us, which sort of threw the plan in the water. Nonetheless, it was a fun hour, we had some laughs, there was definitely a good connection and vibe and I think it's quite clear that this isn't just going to end right here!

So shortly said, the event would've been a success if it weren't for PSN hating our butts. Nonetheless, definitely worth a retry and we sure will do so!

Alright everybody, spam away! ;)

For ease, I'll add the FAQ to this topic as well so that you can always go through it if you have questions. Any other questions asked will be added to the FAQ too, so don't be afraid to ask!

FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]
Who came up with this idea? Who organizes it?
Duffman1984 and WaxWeazle are the organizers of the events.

What is it?

As the title says, it's an Online Event we'd organize with the idea to get our members playing more often together, having fun together and also letting other people know that we [PSU] are out there.

Okay.. But how does it work?
Quite simple; we choose a game (with online multiplayer) and a date. On that time, we'll try to have as many people of our forums online together, hoping to play together. Depending on how many people participate and on how many people a multiplayer game can handle, we can make one or multiple groups who play together for that event.
This topic is meant to inform you guys about the idea and trying to view who's interested and would join such an event. The list of people will be looked at and hopefully we have enough interested players/members so that we can start a first event any time soon.

When that happens, we'll have a poll [For the first event] to see how many people can play on which day. The most active day will most likely be chosen, since we'll have the most players online then. Besides that, we'll also have a look at what time it would fit best for everybody, so that we don't end up with 4 people playing, when there could be 10+ playing.

Sounds like fun! How do I participate?
If you see a topic about an event on the forums, read through to see who'll be playing and definitely feel free to post something yourself as well! As long as you have someone on your PSN list that'll join in, you can ask this person to send you an invite or someone will add you to their account and invite you at the moment of truth.

Alright. But.. What happens if I don't have the game they'll play that event?
This is a tricky part. For now, seeing this is a new concept, we can only choose 1 game to see how many people will participate. If it turns out to be a success after a few runs, we can see if we can manage to play on multiple games at 1 event instead of just a single game.

Good to know! I'm wondering though, will there be voicechat?
That all depends on you guys! If you guys want it, we'll make a chatroom and invite people.
Caution: There can only be 8 people at a time in 1 room, which isn't a high number but more players would possibly cause a messy voicechat with too many people. There's no solution to this other than having someone else make a room and joining them.

Okay, so now we got all those questions answered, I still have one that isn't answered. What do I do with it?
Ask your question in this topic and we'll reply as soon as possible! The questions'll also be added to the bottom of this post, so keep in mind to check that first, so you're sure your question hasn't been answered yet.

Last edited:

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
It was fun, but it would be much better if psn let us play. Hope we don't have the same issue next time. I did lots of matches like we wished to do on ps3, but never tried it on ps4. I hope it is because of psn like we guessed.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
:lol: pretty good fun guys. when the network is working better then we'll have a pretty good game going I'm sure :eek:
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6446027]Just saw it thanks, need to change my settings to allow voice chat for streams[/QUOTE]
yeah, have to remember to change those settings.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I finally got around to sending out invites to people on the old Online Event thread. Hopefully I got the right people, probably should have waiting to start Saturday night drinking until afterwards, lol.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Invite accepted! ;)

@the rest, that'd be nice! Else everybody'd be looking weird at the stream, just hearing me talk to myself.. :snicker

I'm also curious.
What would you people think about Destiny for the next game..? We can try out to see if the MP would be fit for an event?

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
No need to download it yet, Shingo, just trying to see if you guys are interested in playing this instead of TLOU.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
No chance I'll be investing in Destiny at this point. That game is too dependent on having a steady group you fit into for having fun.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Was awesome to finally get to chat to some of your guys, next time I shall make sure my game is completely up to date way before heading on, that was just annoying :lol:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
GTA would be a good one. We could make a private lobby. Think you can have 16 people on.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6446206]GTA would be a good one. We could make a private lobby. Think you can have 16 people on.

Sent from my GT-I9000[/QUOTE]

Might be an idea, I have GTA so is all good for me, who else has GTA here?

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
I may get it too, if there is a certain number, but I don't like the aiming stuff for it. Plants and zombies sounds nice tho.:)

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
I'm borrowing GTA from my bro at the moment, dependent on when this happens I'll be able to join in.

Also, just realised, it might be worth looking at free to play games, as everyone will be able to partake.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6446229]I'm borrowing GTA from my bro at the moment, dependent on when this happens I'll be able to join in.

Also, just realised, it might be worth looking at free to play games, as everyone will be able to partake.[/QUOTE]

This is very true Darky, and like you say might be worth looking into nearer the time!

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6446234]This is very true Darky, and like you say might be worth looking into nearer the time![/QUOTE]
Understandable!

But the problem with F2P games is that they're mostly pay to win as well, or that you have to pay for the least things, like Blacklight :/
But always interesting if you guys have suggestions! ;)

Also been thinking on a system to work with for if there's more people joining than last time, as we can only have 8 people in a voicechat party..

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Well I can see 2 ways around that, either do it by first come, first serve basis OR have myself in one chat and you in the other Wax then we communicate via the PS app on our phones, just an idea.......

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6446264]If we can find a game with private lobbies we could split voice parties by team.[/QUOTE]

Indeed that is another good idea, almost as good as mine but not quite :snicker