[OT] Red Dead Redemption 2 Official Thread!!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
As it is soon to be released I thought I'd start the new thread

Wasn't a game I was originally going to pick up but the more I see and hear about the game the more it's a must have for me!

Who else is in hype overload? Only 9 days to go

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Should be exciting to read the tech analysis for this game too. It is Rockstar, afterall.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
My best buddy gifted it to me , can't wait to play it. thus far all info says it is an awesome game. The level of details on this game is massive. They put alot of focus on random events, which I want to experience most. All I want to know is , the game seems more like a gang game instead of a solo one.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
Ran an ethernet cord to my router directly to download it. Didnt take that long with a fiber connection. Maybe 30 minutes or so.

Laddie13

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 7, 2018
I know I’m in the minority but I hated the first game and have zero interest in this one. I’m not a fan of Rockstar, I mean technically and graphically they are amazing but I find their games to be boring.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
I like 3 and vice city and San Andreas. 4 was boring but story of GTA V and side missions and the world itself is perfect. Especially for its time. What they do best is to be as good and real as it possible. And they are also a gamechanger company. They decide what next standards are gonna be.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I know I’m in the minority but I hated the first game and have zero interest in this one. I’m not a fan of Rockstar, I mean technically and graphically they are amazing but I find their games to be boring.
The first game was incredible. All Rockstar games blow my mind and are damn near masterpieces. I am so damn excited to play this game!

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I feel like the point of Rockstar games are more to immerse the player in a realistic, authentic environment which is where most of the fun factor comes from. The writing is good too. I mean, what sounds more believable? Surviving a car crash at the same time nuclear bombs are exploding around you and then the main villain drags you to safety. Or dying after being shot in a valiant last stand?

Still, I do think most reviewers tend to oversell Rockstar's biggest games. They are always "living, breathing worlds with so much to do" but I haven't genuinely felt that way since GTA: San Andreas. It is more like they are living breathing worlds with less interiors to explore and all of the new content is in the online mode. I found myself playing GTA V less and less each time after completing it. I stuck with Red Dead Redemption a little longer but only because I hadn't played a western-themed game before.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I agree. I've never finished a Rockstar game and I have never understood the all the fuss. Maybe this one will be different, but I say that every time I buy one of their games.

Jun 4, 2007
I loved RDR1 including its dlc. I won't be playing RDR2 anytime soon. Reviews never seem to call Rockstar out on their crap.

+ GTA5's campaign was boring as hell outside of story missions. That doesn't appear to be a problem with RDR2. No liars dice is pure bullshit though.

- You couldn't do any crime whatsoever without the cops up your ass a few seconds later in GTA5. RDR2 seems to go right down that same path based off what I've seen and read. That's very annoying.

- GTA5/online made tons of money and they still neglected the singleplayer side of things with dlc. Undead Nightmare 2 would get me to buy the game as soon as it was announced.

I'm going to be waiting until sometime next year to pick this up.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I love this game but I have 1 major issue that really pisses me off.

My issue is accidentally bumping in to people results in you being wanted and eventually shot at by the law. This is ridiculous!!!!!! I spent 30 mins just trying to get inside the tailor to buy a new outfit.

First I finally get there, open the door and some asshole bumps me and steals my money. I chase him down and tie him up so I can get my money back. Witnesses see this and now the law is after me. Great!

I pay my stupid $10 bounty and make my way back to the tailor. I bump in to a person with my horse and I am now wanted for a non armed crime. I now have 5 people shooting and chasing me. Great!!

I then go to try and pay my bounty and just before I make it inside the post office, someone recognizes me from the "bump crime" and now I have to flee again!!!!!!!

This is absolutely ridiculous. Rockstar needs to patch this shit because bumping in to people happens all the time. Especially while riding your horse.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Get ready for the Red Dead Online beta:

... kicks off at 1.30pm UK time on Tuesday, 27th November for all buyers of the Ultimate Edition of the game.

On Wednesday, 28th November, all those who played the game on its launch day (26th October) can join the beta.

Thursday, 29th November, the beta opens up to anyone who played during the launch weekend (26th to 29th October).

And finally, on Friday, 30th November, any Red Dead Redemption 2 player can join the beta.
"With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its foundation, Red Dead Online transforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns, and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customise your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style, and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.

Explore this huge world solo or with friends. Form or join a posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole posses in open world challenges and much more."
"As with most online experiences of this size and scale, there will inevitably be some turbulence at launch. We look forward to working with our amazing and dedicated community to share ideas, help us fix teething problems and work with us to develop Red Dead Online into something really fun and innovative."