[OT] Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Good to see that the PSVR has been implemented well on this, from the demo even though the graphics are downgraded the extra intensity and immersion more than makes up for that.

I might be a bit chicken to play it though!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This game is scary as hell. It has been a long time since Resident Evil scared me even a little bit. In fact, RE4 was the last game to do that.

I love the new direction of this franchise and I can see this style lasting a few more years. Playing in the dark with a headset is THE way to play this game. I lost count at how many times I yelled "Oh Shit!"

This game makes you feel anxiety and fear like no other game I have played. Playing in VR intensifies the experience so much. The fear becomes much more real.

Love this game!

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
I am watching the whole game on youtube since I don't have the balls to play a FP Horror game.(Yes it makes diffrence, shut up!).

It looks stunning when you compare it to any other capcom games. I can't imagine how effective VR gameplay experience wise, espcially on this kind of game.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I agree, the game looks nice. I was watching someone play through the boss fight in the garage and the whole scene looks like top quality CG at times. The visual design to me screams Resident Evil pre-rendered backgrounds shifted to first-person. Plenty of attention to detail.

The character models don't look quite as good and it can be annoying when the camera tracks the faces of character models during cutscenes, such as your missing wife waking up when you find her in bed. The way the camera moves makes me think you're a robot running a facial scan. I'm guessing they do that when working on motion capture but it looks weird in a finished cutscene.

Last edited:

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
rented, clocked it within a week.....didnt enjoy it the more it went on as it wasnt as scary but still thought it was good. the DLC shouldve been part of the game tho.
Too short and easy

Chewbacca

Superior Member
Dec 26, 2015
Pennsylvania
This game is great! They really put you on the edge of your seat. It's a lot more fun than the usual FPS zombie shooting stuff. I like how you don't have a clue what's going on. The tapes and things you find along the way slowly reveal things as you go. It's sick and twisted like you're in the house from the Devils Rejects movie.