[OT] Tales of Arise

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I come to like the opening more as I watch it more. I still like Tales of Symphonia,Abyss,Vesperia, Zestiria and Berseria's opening songs more. Well the demo releases in 4 days or so.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Has anyone tried the demo what are your impressions?

The graphics look nice in parts with Unreal Engine. Tbh I'm not that attached by the characters yet. Even though the skits are 3D and we got to see some of their personalities. I found other Tales games story, worlds and their casts more interesting.

I enjoyed the gameplay changes and some more classic Artes returning. Especially bringing back a attack button and aerial combat.Besides just using Artes like Graces f/Zestiria and Berseria.

Happy with
-some of the gameplay changes I mentioned. Such as aerial combat and a attack button.
-being able to swim to find rewards.
-cooking system seems cool.
-better graphic environments.
-Keeping linear was the right decision which I don't think they can make it open world which would sacrifice frame rate too much.

Mixed with.
-3D skit system. I can understand why they went with it and being able to use costumes in the skit scenes.
-Lack of 2D character art which is not used in the cut ins and skits might get used to it but I hope for future entries it will change.

Which I loved about older games and I think Tales of Berseria done this perfectly. To Yusuke Tomizawa I don't think it disrupts the flow of gameplay at all.

-Feels like a waste since Ufotables animation is so beautiful. They are using it only for animated cutscenes.
-Getting ingredients for cooking was so easy in the demo.
-Not attached by the characters yet.

I think like most series there's always good and bad things about each entry has its positives and negatives. But that is my impression of the demo

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I'll have to write a community review for this more in the perspective of someone who has played most Tales games. Which I have played Symphonia,Abyss,Radiant Mythology, Vesperia, Hearts R, Graces, Xillia 1 and 2, Zestiria and Berseria.