[OT] The Crew

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
So those of you who have the game, what do you think?

I haven't gotten very far myself, done a few story missions but I enjoy discovering things and doing the challenges!

Last edited by a moderator:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Got it, haven't played it yet due to making the most of double XP in BF4 and the snow is back in GTA Online so been having a blast in that. In the new year I'll be hitting the crew for a good few hours :D

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
I've been really liking it. I don't get to play as much as I'd like because I have brothers and a dad who all share the computer and playstation but when it's my turn to play I've been playing a lot of this. It's addictive, I've done plenty of story missions and challenges but mostly I drive all over the place and enjoy scenery, random encounters with other players, just touring around having fun.

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
[QUOTE="ElieKatzQueer, post: 6411857]i usually don't like racing games but the open-world aspect has me really enjoying it. the graphics are phenomenal too.[/QUOTE]

I think at it's core it's a driving game rather than a racing game per se. Maybe that's why i like it too. I usually have trouble staying interested in straight up racing games but this one sounded good for the social aspects and the touring. DE-LIVERED!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I have put in over 70hrs so far. I have most of my cars at 1299, and I think I have like 65% of the trophies done. The game certainly has it's flaws, but it is a good start for a new IP. I expect so much more with their next installment.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Solid racing game but obviously not on the level of the better racing games such as GT6 and FH2. It's worth it if you're a diehard racing fan.

bru_sek

Apprentice
Mar 18, 2010
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6412004]I have put in over 70hrs so far. I have most of my cars at 1299, and I think I have like 65% of the trophies done. The game certainly has it's flaws, but it is a good start for a new IP. I expect so much more with their next installment.[/QUOTE]

damn you go girl!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Been on this for the last couple of hours, absolutely loving it so far. Still in the first car you get and just moved down to St Louis but having a blast. Really recommend altering the handling settings if anyone is struggling with it, I was originally put off in the beta by the handling but the alterations have made a world of difference. :)

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
Ah, so you finally got a chance to begin! Excellent. If you already like it you will love it more and more as you go. The game just keeps getting better as you level and get parts. There is so much territory to explore and it's fun to do so, I'm still playing lots and I must have at least 50 hours in so far.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="HeWhoIsMe, post: 6412310]Ah, so you finally got a chance to begin! Excellent. If you already like it you will love it more and more as you go. The game just keeps getting better as you level and get parts. There is so much territory to explore and it's fun to do so, I'm still playing lots and I must have at least 50 hours in so far.[/QUOTE]
I can't get over how much there is to do in the Detroit, Chicago, St Louis area where the game starts you off with early on, and then you zoom out on the map and it really begins to sink in how massive the map actually is!

The graphics are not as bad as what I thought from the beta neither, I don't know if they were improved or what's probably more than likely is that i'd read that much negativity about them I was expecting the worse and I've actually been quite surprised by them, they're not bad at all.

Any recommendations on what to spend the 100,000 CC with that you get when in New York? I'm thinking buying as many perks as possible but also have my eye on the R34 skyline :cool: Money seems to build up at a reasonable pace so may just keep doing PVP races to get the cash to buy a car I want and use the CC for something else :)

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
My in game stats have reset, open the map and click to open driverID, under the statistics tab everything is 0 :( time played, missions completed, distance travelled etc. This happen to anyone else or is it known as a common problem?

Edit, seems a common problem
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_c...ft_admits_servers_have_been_erasing_them.html
And it's been a month since that article was written saying there was a fix for it. Huh guess not yet there isn't.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6412459]My in game stats have reset, open the map and click to open driverID, under the statistics tab everything is 0 :( time played, missions completed, distance travelled etc. This happen to anyone else or is it known as a common problem?

Edit, seems a common problem
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_c...ft_admits_servers_have_been_erasing_them.html
And it's been a month since that article was written saying there was a fix for it. Huh guess not yet there isn't.[/QUOTE]

The stats on your screen are not correct, but the stats are still accurate on the server. You do not lose any stats even though it looks like you have.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6412478]The stats on your screen are not correct, but the stats are still accurate on the server. You do not lose any stats even though it looks like you have.[/QUOTE]
Great stuff thanks for letting me know that. Do you know of anyway how to view them whether it be on a PC via uPlay or something where they're true. Like to keep an eye on them :)
Cheers

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6412480]Great stuff thanks for letting me know that. Do you know of anyway how to view them whether it be on a PC via uPlay or something where they're true. Like to keep an eye on them :)
Cheers[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew. I just know the stats are kept up on the server because I noticed the awards unlocking for 24hrs spent playing with a Crew. 200 laps on the Speedway. And many others that looked like they reset in my stats.

The games says I only played for 2.5hrs, but the game gave me an award for playing for 60 or 65 hours.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6412501]I wish I knew. I just know the stats are kept up on the server because I noticed the awards unlocking for 24hrs spent playing with a Crew. 200 laps on the Speedway. And many others that looked like they reset in my stats.

The games says I only played for 2.5hrs, but the game gave me an award for playing for 60 or 65 hours.[/QUOTE]
No probs, if I find anything I'll let you know. Cheers

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Now in Miami and got my first Perf spec motor, loving the amount of customisation in this. Reminds me of the old NFS/Midnight Club games. Yet to find anything to complain about really :cool:

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
I was surprised at how good the hidden cars are as well, although the McLaren I got from the season pass is a beast :D

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 6412742]I was surprised at how good the hidden cars are as well, although the McLaren I got from the season pass is a beast :D[/QUOTE]
Good to know :cool: think I have 12 parts from the Midwest area so will make sure to find the rest and from other areas. Back on GTA again at the minute, too much to play :lol:

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
[TABLE="width: 120"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 120"][QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6412320]Any recommendations on what to spend the 100,000 CC with that you get when in New York? I'm thinking buying as many perks as possible but also have my eye on the R34 skyline Money seems to build up at a reasonable pace so may just keep doing PVP races to get the cash to buy a car I want and use the CC for something else [/QUOTE]

Money does build up at a reasonable pace, I recommend going for perks. Money for cars will come soon enough just playing. The game is addicting so you WILL earn the money, no problem. I would always recommend using crew creds for perks.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Edit to add: Uh...what the hell is wrong with the posting system? I'm getting some weird effects, how did it post displaying like this?

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[TR]
[TD="width: 120"]

Money does build up at a reasonable pace, I recommend going for perks. Money for cars will come soon enough just playing. The game is addicting so you WILL earn the money, no problem. I would always recommend using crew creds for perks.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Thanks. Now I've got afew more HQ's more perks have become available so will definitely be utilising the CC's for perks :)

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Thought best to add this here with it being the Official thread, don't think DLC really needs its own.

Complete graphic overhaul & dynamic weather coming to The Crew:

Update:
Here's Ubisoft with even more info on the graphics engine update.
"The graphics engine has been totally reworked to shift to real-time rendering with a Physically Based Rendering system (the same system used in many of our new-gen games). The main benefit is an improved immersion into a more photorealistic world: lighting seems much more lifelike by day and at night, the perceived depth of field is enhanced (also by improving assets' density,) and textures are more detailed (specifically noticeable on buildings, pedestrians, traffic cars). Reworked shaders improve the reflection on car liveries to bring a whole new level of authenticity. Last but not least, new weather effects - like thunderstorms, lightning and rain, with surface changes and vegetation behaviour modifications add a level of difficulty when driving through inclement weather, and bring even more liveliness to the world."

Original report:
One of the more exciting features of upcoming The Crew expansion, Wild Run, is the promise of all-new and improved graphics.

In a new video released today by Ubisoft during Gamescom, the game's art director David Guillaume has offered the first details on how the visuals will be improved over the original title.
"We have entirely reworked the graphics engine to shift to a physically based rendering system," he explained. "We've also added weather systems that affect road conditions adding another layer of driving challenge."
Guillaume also noted that "depth of view has been considerably improved and intensified".

Even without the expansion players of The Crew will be able to enjoy the complete graphics overhaul and a dynamic weather system free of charge.

The Crew Wild Run will launch November 17.
[video=youtube;m3eQgvp9-bc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3eQgvp9-bc[/video]

When I saw the Wild Run announced at E3 I new it was going to be a day 1 buy for me as I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the long run through for the platinum. With the updated graphics & weather I'll definitely have another blast with it and the Wild Run DLC looks pretty damn good.

I'm surprised by the graphics overhaul, not very often you see a game with a big change like that as I know a lot of people were put off as they thought it didn't look anything special. Also can't complain at the update being free :) (obviously the DLC isn't).

It's a new gen remaster for the remaster folk ;)

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I cant wait for this! I actually really enjoyed The Crew, and this looks even better!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6466318]I cant wait for this! I actually really enjoyed The Crew, and this looks even better![/QUOTE]

Same mate :icon_thumright: Will be interesting to see it post patch with the upgrades installed.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
New video showing the graphics update. Just watched this in full screen and they've done a terrific job, I'll back on this without a doubt to check it out when the update comes. I can't believe the difference!

Handling also being adjusted which I know was a major gripe for a lot of people.

[video=youtube;zajlzJzWKbs]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zajlzJzWKbs[/video]

We cruise around in our Ferrari 458 Speciale and have a look at The Crew's updated graphics at the Gamescom show floor. Although still in development, the difference in graphics is impressive.

The wet weather effects look decent and the wet roads offer a fresh challenge for veterans of The Crew. You may notice that draw distances have also been increased which is apparent in this gameplay video (just look at the detail on the distant mountains for example).

Not only are the graphics getting an upgrade the handling too has been the focus for Ivory Tower and Alan notices the difference very early on too. Furthermore we get a look at the improved lighting effects, which when combined with the puddles on the road, make for some very pretty scenes in The Crew.

The graphical and handling model updates will release alongside The Crew's Wild Run expansion in November and will be free for everyone.
Source: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comm...ews-updated-graphics-in-our-cruising-gameplay

More gameplay from the Wild Run Expansion:

Bikes

[video=youtube;S1WO6bh1m7A]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1WO6bh1m7A[/video]

Monster Trucks

[video=youtube;4fsyLk8cvBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fsyLk8cvBw[/video]

Dragster Spec

[video=youtube;ccpgfiQu-i8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccpgfiQu-i8[/video]

The bikes, monster trucks and drag racing looking a load of fun! Especially the drag racing, reminds me of an old NFS with the manual shifting. Really looking forward to it :cool:

Last edited: