[OT] The GTA 5 Exclusive PS4 Thread!!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Only 10 days to go and we shall all get to either play for the first time or play GTA 5 again and I for one is very excited. I decided to create this thread so we can all chat about the game and perhaps even organise online clans and matches etc! And what better way to start off this thread than with the exclusive PS4 and X1 Launch trailer:

[video=youtube;yqFy7-o4zvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqFy7-o4zvg[/video]

NOW WHO'S WITH ME!!!!! :D

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6397456]Only 10 days to go and we shall all get to either play for the first time or play GTA 5 again and I for one is very excited. I decided to create this thread so we can all chat about the game and perhaps even organise online clans and matches etc! And what better way to start off this thread than with the exclusive PS4 and X1 Launch trailer:

[video=youtube;yqFy7-o4zvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqFy7-o4zvg[/video]

NOW WHO'S WITH ME!!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

8 days left

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Some nice footage but in my opinion this launch trailer doesn't top last year's with the "Sleepwalking" track.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I really can't wait to play it again, was gutted when I sold it with my PS3 so the fact that it is coming out on the PS4 with so many improvements is a massive bonus for me, sure won't be selling it this time!

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
Already got it pre ordered on the PS store. Looking forward to playing it all over again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
Also have it pre-ordered. The first person looks amazing, great addition. Never completed it on the ps3 so I am really looking forward to playing and completing it on the ps4

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
First person mode is cool especially for a game like Grand Theft Auto and all the crazy shit you can do! Bet there will be a lot of people completing the game using just that mode!

gumionday

Dedicated Member
May 10, 2007
This is a double dip no brainer for me, being a GTA nut. I loved GTA V and can't wait to get it on PS4, all the improvements, new songs, im not a huge fan of 1st person mode but will check it out. But to play it with the DS4 and be able to record gameplay during crazy shoot outs and car chases, sign me up. Next week can't get here soon enough.

Feb 10, 2014
I haven't play GTA since San Andreas, online game what's about; you just play some missions? Can anyone tell me more about online gaming?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-P500 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

Oct 23, 2013
[QUOTE="Phoenix7G7, post: 6397968]I haven't play GTA since San Andreas, online game what's about; you just play some missions? Can anyone tell me more about online gaming?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-P500 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]
The online is quite good if you have friends to play with. There are alot of things to do, but in the beginning it is a bit tiring doing the same type of missions. However when the heist-missions come, gaming online will become epic!!

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Phoenix7G7, post: 6397968]I haven't play GTA since San Andreas, online game what's about; you just play some missions? Can anyone tell me more about online gaming?

Στάλθηκε από το LG-P500 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

youtube.com
search: GTA5 online multiplayer

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Not only am i getting GTA V again for the PS4 but i'm going to 100% it this time and go for the platinum trophy. To me, this is the real release of the game. Last gen was played out and Rockstar wanted their money. So i can't blame them for cashing in. Can't wait to try out first person mode. It looks so good!

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
Still waiting for the PC version :(
The 1 thing I hated about GTA 5 was the cops... felt like you couldn't even fart without getting 2 stars. How do the cops know I just murdered someone of there's not a single soul in a 5mile radius?!

Nov 4, 2012
West by God Virginia
I'm very amped for this release. I didn't play the PS3 version and haven't played the franchise since San Andreas, but after watching the promo videos and reading about all of the improvements made for the PS4 this is a no brainer of a buy. Now I just need to finish Shadows of Mordor before next Tuesday.

miamiman

Master Guru
Dec 20, 2006
[QUOTE="Metal King Slime, post: 6397639]Some nice footage but in my opinion this launch trailer doesn't top last year's with the "Sleepwalking" track.[/QUOTE]

Such a good song.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
That should be updated to say something about Paris/Unity.

Apparently someone has the game and is streaming it on PS4. They confirmed a car from past GTA games making an apperance,
the Blista Compact.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 6398377]That should be updated to say something about Paris/Unity.

Apparently someone has the game and is streaming it on PS4. They confirmed a car from past GTA games making an apperance,
the Blista Compact.
[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me that someone has it and is playing it already, we don't have long to wait now thankfully!

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I just hate that I'll have until mid December until I can play it. I was going to say at least I'll miss the launch server stress, but then I remembered that Christmas will likely be similarly as bad.

Feb 10, 2014
for me the best GTA was san anders, but since then, i haven't played any other GTA. your opinions?

GTA San Andreas is still better or GTA V Remastered is the best?

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw, post: 6398892]Wow...imagining what this would be like with an Oculus Rift on is probably make me triple dip on this game once the consumer version is out! I will need to wear diapers since crashing is going to probably make me shit myself!

Animated GIF by dreamlock @ NeoGAF, below is the link for more GIFs
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138779041&postcount=903[/QUOTE]

That is awesome :D

May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
Lots of Streams on PS4 at the moment for this. Can't really tell if it looks much better graphically from the streams but the first person mode definitely looks fun. Driving seems like a nightmare though.

Really interested to see the start up loading time on PS4. The initial loading was ridiculous (But understandable) on PS3.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
Just pre-loaded it on to my PS4. The pre-load file wasn't even a gig and the update file was just over a gig. So I don't think they've allowed full pre-load, just partial at the moment. Is that normal?

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Nick_Scryer, post: 6399346]Lots of Streams on PS4 at the moment for this. Can't really tell if it looks much better graphically from the streams but the first person mode definitely looks fun. Driving seems like a nightmare though.

Really interested to see the start up loading time on PS4. The initial loading was ridiculous (But understandable) on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Was watching a stream earlier of a guy playing on Xbox One and it looked pretty amazing. Even though I had seen the newest trailers it surprised me. Hype level immediately went up and even moreso when people commented that the streams they've seen of the PS4 looked better (they mentioned AA, which was the one issue I had watching the stream).

There's a definite graphical upgrade.

When the guy I was watching got on foot and started climbing around rooftops (planning for the jewelry store job) he had to go into third person to navigate correctly. I can see it taking a while to get used to the mode, but I'll probably prefer to suffer through the hardships to enjoy it.