[OT] The GTA 5 Exclusive PS4 Thread!!

May 20, 2005
Oklahoma
[QUOTE="Phoenix7G7, post: 6399889]i have pre order of gta v but still no pre order bonus[/QUOTE]

same here... Preordered from amazon, usually get an email with the preorder bonus. Maybe since it's a bonus everyone has it's in the case?

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="brandonwash, post: 6399937]same here... Preordered from amazon, usually get an email with the preorder bonus. Maybe since it's a bonus everyone has it's in the case?[/QUOTE]
yes it's in the game

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
I haven't gotten my pre-order bonus for the Digital Version either (Rockstar says you get it from the PSN store in game but it says "nothing is Available at this time" ???

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
Okay so I just picked up my copy of GTA V got my $1 million, got my bonus content for character transfer, so who's down to play some GTA Online later? Just either let me know or add me on PSN: Pr0d1gyV2

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
My question is, since I can't transfer my old GTA Online character over to PS4 due to the "not being logged in since 2013" issue we're experiencing, if I make one now, a separate one and transfer my old character over later when this issue is resolved, will I still get the character transfer bonuses?

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="EvilJ0k3r, post: 6400270]My question is, since I can't transfer my old GTA Online character over to PS4 due to the "not being logged in since 2013" issue we're experiencing, if I make one now, a separate one and transfer my old character over later when this issue is resolved, will I still get the character transfer bonuses?[/QUOTE]
I'd read this issue had been resolved now? Are you still having issues?

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="EvilJ0k3r, post: 6400270]My question is, since I can't transfer my old GTA Online character over to PS4 due to the "not being logged in since 2013" issue we're experiencing, if I make one now, a separate one and transfer my old character over later when this issue is resolved, will I still get the character transfer bonuses?[/QUOTE]
you can only do it once

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="EvilJ0k3r, post: 6400287]It is fixed now, I just now retried it like 5 minutes after I posted this haa[/QUOTE]
Great stuff :cool:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Bit of a online trophy update for those interested.

I transferred my data and my character appeared etc and it started me off at the apartment I bought in the ps3 version which auto popped American Dream trophy - own a garage, apartment and insured vehicles. Then immediately after Numero Uni - obtain first place in all competitive game types popped. After that nothing so messed around a bit, did a couple of parachute missions and decided to make a brew. Came back in and all other online trophies were popping. Guess it was still reading my stats to know what I'd done and what I'd not so it new which trophies to pop.

Bizarrely fully mod a weapon, fully mod a vehicle and complete all stunt jump trophies popped too (shame that damn under bridge and knife flight trophy didn't lol). Im guessing that I completed some of the criteria for these trophies online which is why the trophies unlocked?

Overall, in the space of 40 minutes all online trophies had unlocked from what I'd done on ps3 version.

Last edited:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6400387]Man $#@! I lost my cars from the ps3 version! Dammit. Add YoungMullah88 for the online missions. For some reason I can't go into free roam, the only way to go online is when I get invited to a game session[/QUOTE]
I'm the same, I'm just screwing around in solo free roam at the minute. It always times out when trying to join a online lobby.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6400392]Online lobby works for me, it's joining free roam that boots me back to single player[/QUOTE]
I maybe getting confused, that's the same as what's happening to me.

First person mode is awesome in pursuits, gets really intense with a 3 or 4 star rating. For those who don't know, when driving in first person, hold L1 to aim and R1 to shoot :)

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I am just going to start online all over again anyways, didn't get that far into it when I had it on PS3 so going to give it another try!

Hearing a lot of good feedback about the game now, which is good considering it really is just a remaster lol!

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6400402]I maybe getting confused, that's the same as what's happening to me.

First person mode is awesome in pursuits, gets really intense with a 3 or 4 star rating. For those who don't know, when driving in first person, hold L1 to aim and R1 to shoot :)[/QUOTE]
I like the dock feature that let's you dock down

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6400387]Man $#@! I lost my cars from the ps3 version! Dammit. Add YoungMullah88 for the online missions. For some reason I can't go into free roam, the only way to go online is when I get invited to a game session[/QUOTE]

A year after the original release and we're getting the same issues as before? I have to admit, I kind of expected it. Makes me feel a little better about not getting the game/system yet so those issues will be worked out. Feel for those guys who had expensive cars, I'll be sad if I don't get my Albany Roosevelt back but all I really want is my Schwartzer and Carbonizzare.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
I'm literally playing every night from now on lads, gonna have the occasional dabble on COD or FIFA but this will be predominately where my time will be!
Feels so good to be able to pick up were I left off.
As ever lads if you're gonna be playing this: LM-93 on psn and just drop a line saying you're from the forum
Looking forward to playing with you guys.

(Level 56 btw)

Jun 21, 2010
would like to try 1st person view hows it done ?

I googled it and nothing :|

finally figured it out how to play in FPS and its dope

wen yout standing and want to change from 3rd to 1st person simply press the big button on the controller

I think playing gta 5 in first person had made me come to realize this is my GOTY

Last edited by a moderator:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="loccish_vi, post: 6400652]would like to try 1st person view hows it done ?

I googled it and nothing :|

finally figured it out how to play in FPS and its dope

wen yout standing and want to change from 3rd to 1st person simply press the big button on the controller

I think playing gta 5 in first person had made me come to realize this is my GOTY[/QUOTE]

The touch pad you mean! :lol:

I must admit I prefer to play it in 3rd person but I do love the first person view especially in the vehicles, the engine, oil and other warning lights flick on and off as you start the car which I know is a little thing but the attention to detail they have been able to create on this gen of console is amazing!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Got to admit it almost feels like they should have waited for the new gen of consoles to be released before making this game available, the polish they have added to the game makes it feel all shiny and new and I have only played up to Franklin and meeting chop for the first time! First person mode is an awesome addition and although I prefer to play in 3rd person it's nice to see the little details they have added such as warning lights flicking on and off as you start up the vehicles, each interior is different in each model and some even have cups in cup holders and fags in the ash tray, all little things I know but they soon add up to make a big difference!

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6400664]Got to admit it almost feels like they should have waited for the new gen of consoles to be released before making this game available, the polish they have added to the game makes it feel all shiny and new and I have only played up to Franklin and meeting chop for the first time! First person mode is an awesome addition and although I prefer to play in 3rd person it's nice to see the little details they have added such as warning lights flicking on and off as you start up the vehicles, each interior is different in each model and some even have cups in cup holders and fags in the ash tray, all little things I know but they soon add up to make a big difference![/QUOTE]

Considering they spent hundreds of millions and several years to make the game, I think they wanted to capitalize on the install base of last gen. It was a great game on PS3, so there was nothing wrong with them releasing last gen.

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
Can anyone add me on PSN: Pr0d1gyV2 and also my clan that plays a large variety of games is looking for some more members to play GTA with so if you're interested in joining or even just playing with us let me know.