[OT] The GTA 5 Exclusive PS4 Thread!!

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
Great photos, ttech!

[QUOTE="EvilJ0k3r, post: 6411250]If I get a photo of my clan, could someone possibly edit it for me? If not that is fine, I just don't have my software anymore to do it.[/QUOTE]

I'd offer to help but my editing skills are virtually non-existent!

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 6411643]Anyone else run across fog this thick?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, had that a few times. There's a pretty impressive array of weather conditions in this game.

Just finished the story for the second time. I chose "Option C" again for the final mission. I wanted to try out another ending but I couldn't bring myself to kill my homies! Plus, I didn't want to lose the ability to play as all three characters. Anyone pick anything other than C?

Also, here's a shot I took of Trevor in a dress:

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Vichael, post: 6414151]Yeah, had that a few times. There's a pretty impressive array of weather conditions in this game.

Just finished the story for the second time. I chose "Option C" again for the final mission. I wanted to try out another ending but I couldn't bring myself to kill my homies! Plus, I didn't want to lose the ability to play as all three characters. Anyone pick anything other than C?
[/QUOTE]

You can replay the mission to view all endings :cool: after you have initially completed it as you have. I did it on PS3 purely to see what happened and for the 2 extra Gold ranked missions towards the 70 Golds trophy.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
The better question is if anyone picked anything other than option C after knowing exactly what the options meant. I chose option C the first time assuming it meant what it turned out it meant, but apparently others thought differently. Even though, on the Social Club website to track 100% completion, Franklin is the only character with side missions/activities that count towards 100%.

I guess some may not have noticed or didn't use that site, but it made it pretty clear that something might happen to one character or the other and R* wanted to make sure 100% was possible on every playthrough.

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6414300]I need to get back on this again, are people still playing this regularly?[/QUOTE]

I normally play it with my clan, you could join us sometime if you'd like? Just add me on PSN stating that your from PSU because I don't accept random friend requests lol

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
GazzaGSi said:
You can replay the mission to view all endings :cool: after you have initially completed it as you have. I did it on PS3 purely to see what happened and for the 2 extra Gold ranked missions towards the 70 Golds trophy.
Didn't realise that. I'm working towards that trophy now, thanks for the heads up.

ttech10 said:
The better question is if anyone picked anything other than option C after knowing exactly what the options meant. I chose option C the first time assuming it meant what it turned out it meant, but apparently others thought differently. Even though, on the Social Club website to track 100% completion, Franklin is the only character with side missions/activities that count towards 100%.

I guess some may not have noticed or didn't use that site, but it made it pretty clear that something might happen to one character or the other and R* wanted to make sure 100% was possible on every play through.
It does seem a lot of people thought Franklin would die if you chose the third option and admittedly it did cross my mind. I used that site on PS3 but not until after I had finished the main story.

Duffman said:
I need to get back on this again, are people still playing this regularly?
I'm still playing pretty much everyday. Feel free to add me.

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
[QUOTE="Vichael, post: 6414366]Didn't realise that. I'm working towards that trophy now, thanks for the heads up.

It does seem a lot of people thought Franklin would die if you chose the third option and admittedly it did cross my mind. I used that site on PS3 but not until after I had finished the main story.

I'm still playing pretty much everyday. Feel free to add me.[/QUOTE]

Same, add me as well! I'll be doing some streaming for the PSU community Monday if anyone else would like to join me in a server that'd be great!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="EvilJ0k3r, post: 6414313]I normally play it with my clan, you could join us sometime if you'd like? Just add me on PSN stating that your from PSU because I don't accept random friend requests lol[/QUOTE]

Cheers I will add you when I get home :icon_thumright:

[QUOTE="Vichael, post: 6414366]
I'm still playing pretty much everyday. Feel free to add me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks will add you when I get home also :icon_thumright:

EvilJ0k3r

Superior Member
Jun 25, 2012
Evansville
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6414423]Cheers I will add you when I get home :icon_thumright:

Thanks will add you when I get home also :icon_thumright:[/QUOTE]

Add me first!! Lol he can wait! :p

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Lol as you come first in the alphabet I will

I must admit I haven't been on it for a little while but I am starting to miss it, not even completed the story mode as yet!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Vichael, post: 6414366]Didn't realise that. I'm working towards that trophy now, thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

No problem, same goes for the heists. You can replay them to see what the other option was like when you have a choice of how to carry it out :)

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
That's the good thing about this game that you don't have to replay the whole thing again just to see how the mission etc would have turned out had you made the other choice!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6414440]That's the good thing about this game that you don't have to replay the whole thing again just to see how the mission etc would have turned out had you made the other choice![/QUOTE]
Just the replaying missions in general is a huge plus for GTA V, some previous GTAs had awesome missions as well as the more recent Watchdogs and it was a shame you couldn't replay them. I've got some epic mission replays saved with the share feature like chasing that plane down across the desert with a blown engine etc :cool:
Should upload it really as it was one of them recordings where everything just went right, no car crashes, no restarts etc :)

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
Any chance we could move this to the Official Game Threads forum?

Another big update coming to GTA Online next week:

GTA Online: Lowriders Coming Next Week October 20th

With next week’s release of GTA Online: Lowriders for PS4, Xbox One and PC – lovers of cars and customization all across Los Santos and Blaine County will have a suite of brand new options and a new place to go get them. Introducing Benny’s Original Motor Works, a new customs shop in downtown Strawberry that offers a huge range of lowrider customizations that can turn your classic junker into a high-spec, tricked-out king of the streets.

Visit Benny’s website via the shortcut on your in-game phone to choose from a half-dozen select customizable vehicles – then bring them down to the man himself for an upgrade that unlocks new custom lowrider mods. Deck out your engine block with covers and air filters, coat your interiors with velour, leather and patterns, choose custom colors and designs for your dials, or add a new steering wheel and custom shift levers. Give your ride lift with hydraulics - the more powerful the pumps, the higher you can bounce. And boost your stereo’s performance with new speakers and subs in the back.

Then, meet up with friends and fellow car enthusiasts to show off your new rides – use the Player Interaction Menu while inside or outside the car to open up the vehicle doors, hood and trunk, switch on the engine to flash your neons and bump your favorite radio station for all to admire. Crew car shows are about to go next level.

And keep an eye out for calls and texts from Lamar – he’s making moves of his own through a series of new missions and he’s going to need your help. You’ll want to hit up your trusted allies, wheelmen, and sharpshooters for backup too, as things are going to get hectic.

Get stocked with the fully automatic Machine Pistol or Machete from Ammu-Nation. The upwardly mobile can also expand their garage space and fleet of vehicles with the addition of the oft-requested fourth purchasable property. There’s also tons of new clothing, hair and accessory options as well as 3 new Adversary Modes and more.

GTA Online: Lowriders arrives for PS4, Xbox One and PC as an automatic update on Tuesday, October 20th. See more screens from next week’s update below.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...lowriders&utm_campaign=gtaolowriders-10152015

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
Here's the trailer for the Lowriders update.

[video=youtube;E9oOnUNJkBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oOnUNJkBE[/video]

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Scheller, post: 6401042]I wish they would have updated the police. I hate seeing how effective they are against pedestrians versus against your character. Whenever I would see police in a firefight I'd call 911 as quickly as possible to get more police on scene to give them a fighting chance.[/QUOTE]

You wish they updated the police, yet hate seeing how effective they are against pedestrians because of which you call 911 as soon as possible to give [the police in a firefight] a fighting chance? :confused:

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 6482222]You wish they updated the police, yet hate seeing how effective they are against pedestrians because of which you call 911 as soon as possible to give [the police in a firefight] a fighting chance? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I guess that's why you rarely see them more than one block from the police station... they're all too afraid to go outside. They're pretty awful.

And I doubt this update is going to make my cars get any lower than they can already get.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Scheller, post: 6482308]I guess that's why you rarely see them more than one block from the police station... they're all too afraid to go outside. They're pretty awful.[/QUOTE]

I was confused by your post. Did you mean to say ineffective vs effective? Why would you call more cops on the scene when you find they are pretty effective at taking care of the situation when it doesn't involve the player character?

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Anybody use the new update yet? I got on yesterday to get that Pacific Standard money ya dig! I might mess around with the low-riders just to see, but they ain't my style. I'm more luxury because I'm a #Classicman

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
Haven't touched the Lowrider stuff yet. I'm with you, not really my thing but I'll probably mess around with them for a bit. I'm more interested in the new missions. I did buy the Machete which is pretty cool.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="sainraja, post: 6482364]I was confused by your post. Did you mean to say ineffective vs effective? Why would you call more cops on the scene when you find they are pretty effective at taking care of the situation when it doesn't involve the player character?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking you were calling them ineffective. Typically when I see them going after street criminals the police are taken care of pretty easily. Even when I'm able to call 911 for more police, the criminals take those guys out as well.

My other comment was about how you don't see police patrolling the streets like you would in previous GTA games. No cars in traffic and no cops with pedestrians, other than within a ~3 block radius from the police station (and I only ever see this happen with the police station where you can pick up a modded car you've left on the street in single player).

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
The Halloween Surprise update is available from now until 16th November. There's some pretty cool stuff in there.

From now through November 16th in GTA Online, special Halloween treats will be available to the residents of Los Santos and Blaine County on PS4, Xbox One and PC. And no tricks here – once acquired these special items will remain in your inventory, even after November 16th.

2 NEW VEHICLES: LURCHER HEARSE AND FRANKEN STANGE
Navigating the freeways of Los Santos just got more terrifying with the addition of these two ghastly new vehicles. Show your dark side while getting around in the Lurcher Hearse and the Franken Stange – both available for a limited time only, along with 20 ghoulish new Bobbleheads that can be added to the dashboard of any customizable Lowrider.

NEW MASKS & FACE PAINTS
Strike fear into your opponents by donning one of the horrific new masks now available in the Monsters section of Vespucci Movie Masks. If you and your Crew are tackling a Heist between now and November 16th, a new Halloween mask category will be the default option on all Heists. 30 Spooky new styles of Face Paint are also available to help you get into the spirit of the season.

SLASHER ADVERSARY MODE
Enjoy thrills and suspense with the lights out in this tense new Adversary Mode for up to 8 players. Run, hide, and fight to survive in the darkness as the player designated as the Slasher stalks their prey with a Shotgun. Use your new Flashlight to navigate if you dare, but be careful not to reveal your position or you’ll quickly become prey. Survive for 3 minutes and you’ll get the chance to return the favor with a Shotgun of your own.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52524/grand-theft-auto-online-halloween-surprise

Vichael

Superior Member
Feb 27, 2012
More new stuff coming next week!

GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals Coming Next Week – Watch the New Trailer

Become a VIP and create your own criminal organization in the latest addition to Grand Theft Auto Online, Executives and Other Criminals. Featuring all new gameplay modes and opportunities for luxury living, Executives and Other Criminals also includes new customizable apartments, stilt houses in the Vinewood Hills and the ultimate in executive excess: the extravagant, fully staffed and upgradeable Super Yacht.

VIP’s who run their own operation gain access to new co-op Jobs, challenges and special abilities in Freemode, as well as having the power to hire and fire other players for their team of bodyguards. Meanwhile, Bodyguards earn a regular paycheck and their own special benefits including RP, GTA$, and stat boosts for working for a VIP’s organization.

Organizations can go head to head in Freemode, with new missions that make full use of the latest executive defense options including new armored vehicle variants, the devastating Turreted Limo and the missile defense systems of the Super Yacht, which also comes with its own suite of supporting vehicle upgrades including the new SuperVolito Carbon helicopter and personal watercraft.

Some existing Freemode Events will automatically adapt when played by organizations, allowing for new ways to take on King of The Castle, Moving Target and more. Also included is the new Extraction Adversary Mode, tasking teams of Bodyguards to search, locate and safely extract an Executive from their downed jet before a Hit Squad intercepts and eliminates the target.

Executives and Other Criminals also brings fresh choices in executive transport and protection with new weapons, new vehicles and much more. Check back to the Rockstar Newswire for full details and download the free update Dec 15 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

[video=youtube;S_S2Eb4Jw88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_S2Eb4Jw88[/video]

I'm taking a break from GTA for a while but I might hop on and check this out when it's released. Creating your own criminal organization sounds pretty cool.