[OT] The Order: 1886 (Post Your Impressions, Questions etc.)

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
The game is beyond the words to describe it and I have been playing it now over 3 hours. The graphics are impressive well detailed, variety of guns to use and to choose, the sound is great for guns, soundtracks, characters voice, objects, doors, characters are looking like real, cinematic scenes are looking like real or a movie, London looks great with the exact same designs of building, streets, lights, people clothes or how they dressed up, and etc. The only developer will match Naughty Dog in games I would say will be Ready At Dawn. Even my sister was watching me playing the game and she thought it was a movie. The game is great and worth the money. I don't no why Youtube is showing the video up-side down.:snicker
[video=youtube_share;M5sA_GKCf-A]http://youtu.be/M5sA_GKCf-A[/video]

EDIT: this is now the official PSU thread for The Order: 1886.
Christopher

Last edited by a moderator:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Why the hell didn't turn the video so we don't have to tilt our heads??????????????????

Now I really want to punch you in the balls. 1 for having the game, and 2 for the sideways video.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6422409]Why the hell didn't turn the video so we don't have to tilt our heads??????????????????

Now I really want to punch you in the balls. 1 for having the game, and 2 for the sideways video.[/QUOTE]
The new forum will have a "punch in balls by mod" capability.

He's lucky we haven't migrated yet. :snicker

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
Same as above, can't wait. Guess I'll have to though, ah well. Only a few days to go. I'm so excited for this, yaaay!

Jun 4, 2007
I think the date will workout in Sony's favor. There's not another big title for at least a month. I have a feeling those that plan to wait on a price cut will fold and graphic whores will lose their mind seeing it on their own tv.

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6422409]Why the hell didn't turn the video so we don't have to tilt our heads??????????????????

Now I really want to punch you in the balls. 1 for having the game, and 2 for the sideways video.[/QUOTE]

It is not me its Youtube.

[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6422415]Glad you like it.After seeing the beginning hour of the game last week I am even more excited than I was previously.[/QUOTE]
Its the best game so far and pf 2015.

Nov 1, 2008
I'm not going to mention the fact that your video is sideways, cause I saw that was already brought up. LOL

But does one but the game for about $70 or rent it for under $10? The game looks and sounds awesome, and I enjoy owning hard copies. However, I'm worried about game length and or replayability. My dollar has to be worth the price.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
How is the gameplay though? That was my one worry about the game because to me this game just looked like a Crytek game meaning all graphics and shit gameplay. Is this basically cinematic steampunk Gears of War with QTEs or is there something more?

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="jamesobachand, post: 6422444]I'm not going to mention the fact that your video is sideways, cause I saw that was already brought up. LOL

But does one but the game for about $70 or rent it for under $10? The game looks and sounds awesome, and I enjoy owning hard copies. However, I'm worried about game length and or replayability. My dollar has to be worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy or rent Uncharted 1?
That game had no multiplayer and was about the same length, so if you didn't feel you got your monies worth in that then it'll likely be the same case here.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 6422455]How is the gameplay though? That was my one worry about the game because to me this game just looked like a Crytek game meaning all graphics and $#@! gameplay. Is this basically cinematic steampunk Gears of War with QTEs or is there something more?[/QUOTE]

It has more to it than Gears of War that's for sure.Which is why the comparison is silly.It's more comparable to Uncharted/TLoU as far as gameplay,but without the climbing and platforming that Uncharted has,but there is traversal game play which I saw during the leaked footage.It looks much better than Gears IMO and the TPS will obviously be the best since TLoU until maybe Uncharted 4.I still don't understand all the hate for QTE when that adds variety to combat rather than just button mashing lol.People seem to just be looking for something to bash this game because of the media.I mean they have showed enough of the game to know how it plays.It's a TPS and the gameplay is obvious.

Captncoke49

Superior Member
Feb 8, 2006
Frederick,MD
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6422457]Did you buy or rent Uncharted 1?
That game had no multiplayer and was about the same length, so if you didn't feel you got your monies worth in that then it'll likely be the same case here.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then length won't be a concern for me. The game looks amazing and as long as the story is engaging I will have to pick this game up. Gameplay looks great as well. I had some concerns last year about this game but the vids are eliminating those concerns.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6422459]It has more to it than Gears of War that's for sure.Which is why the comparison is silly.It's more comparable to Uncharted/TLoU as far as gameplay,but without the climbing and platforming that Uncharted has,but there is traversal game play which I saw during the leaked footage.It looks much better than Gears IMO and the TPS will obviously be the best since TLoU until maybe Uncharted 4.I still don't understand all the hate for QTE when that adds variety to combat rather than just button mashing lol.People seem to just be looking for something to bash this game because of the media.I mean they have showed enough of the game to know how it plays.It's a TPS and the gameplay is obvious.[/QUOTE]

Mind posting that video?

Jan 17, 2007
Canada, Toronto
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE="jamesobachand, post: 6422444]I'm not going to mention the fact that your video is sideways, cause I saw that was already brought up. LOL

But does one but the game for about $70 or rent it for under $10? The game looks and sounds awesome, and I enjoy owning hard copies. However, I'm worried about game length and or replayability. My dollar has to be worth the price.[/QUOTE]
On my Iphone it shows the video is ok and even on my PC but when I uploaded on Youtube it came out like that lol. I bought the game no rent.

[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 6422455]How is the gameplay though? That was my one worry about the game because to me this game just looked like a Crytek game meaning all graphics and $#@! gameplay. Is this basically cinematic steampunk Gears of War with QTEs or is there something more?[/QUOTE]
The game-play is smooth and great no problems at all.

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6422505]Is there a New Game+ mode, or any other reason to replay it?[/QUOTE]
If it's not to experience the graphics and gameplay over again, I don't think the replay value will be there. From what I seen people post, it doesn't have a new game+. I'm kind of mad about that. They should have had some mode that lets you toy with the weapons in different areas.

Last edited:

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
I've got too many games in my backlog to complete so I'll be picking this up later in the year. Glad to hear that it's a well put together game though.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
PlayMeThrough[/URL], and it’s pretty interesting, because it’s basically a “bare minimum” walkthrough. He doesn’t stop to examine any of the many story-related items that can be found around the game, and almost never dies.

[/FONT][/COLOR]The full playtime accounts to about five hours and a half, which definitely puts to rest the “rumors” about the game being three hours long. And that’s without enjoying a lot of the content included in Ready at Dawn’s title.

On the other hand, cutscenes cannot be skipped, as they have a lot of interactive elements within. We also learn that you can change difficulty dynamically at any time while you play, without needing to restart a chapter.

Interestingly, PlayMeThrough himself mentions that the game feels “much longer than it really is,” which is often the case with heavily story-driven games.

Of course, that’s not the time a normal user will take to complete the game, as many would probably need to try quite a few challenging parts a multiple times to achieve this kind of “perfect run,” and most will stop and catch the story clues, which take a reasonable amount of time (and some are absolutely hilarious, especially one in Nikola Tesla’s lab, but I won’t spoil it).

In fact other users that have played the game report over social media and forums times varying between eight and even as long as fifteen hours (for example, one of the first players to achieve the platinum trophy took about nine hours to complete his first playthrough, even if he had to go back to find some collectibles afterwards), if you spend a lot of time getting immersed in the beautiful world, look at everything there’s to look at, and if you die a reasonable amount of times.

That said, no more room for rumors. If you run through the game with full sails, without being sidetracked by story and flavor elements (again, I definitely don’t advise it, but to each his own), and you’re much better at shooters than I am, this is how fast you can make it.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2007
Around 10 hours for me then. I'm looking for everything. Plus I'm going to just be standing and looking at the details of this game. I've never seen anything like it before.

TheTenth666

Superior Member
Apr 11, 2007
Seems strange, watched about 15 minutes of the PlayMeThrough gameplay and he didn't seem overly good, possibly he used the easiest mode as he got shot a lot of times and didn't aim that good. So that would make the "most easy mode" at 5 hours, as you don't need elaborate tactics and enemies are killed easier.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6422585]Around 10 hours for me then. I'm looking for everything. Plus I'm going to just be standing and looking at the details of this game. I've never seen anything like it before.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I am going to do, if it is that beautiful I shall be making sure that I take everything in!

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
[QUOTE="TheTenth666, post: 6422588]Seems strange, watched about 15 minutes of the PlayMeThrough gameplay and he didn't seem overly good, possibly he used the easiest mode as he got shot a lot of times and didn't aim that good. So that would make the "most easy mode" at 5 hours, as you don't need elaborate tactics and enemies are killed easier.[/QUOTE]

As weird as this may sound, some games that are played on harder difficulty settings actually take less time to complete, especially if you're used to the controls. Uncharted and Tomb Raider are two games that took less time for me to complete on the harder difficulty levels than it did on the easiest. That could also be down to knowing what to do too but I found killing a target quicker.