[OT] The Order: 1886 (Post Your Impressions, Questions etc.)

Old Man Gamer

Superior Member
Jul 15, 2012
[QUOTE="Ghost, post: 6423899]I lost a LOT of the remaining respect I had for the 'game journalism' industry yesterday. I can't believe how many assholes out there demonstrated unbelievable acts of unprofessionalism via snide and snarky tweets and memes. These are the people gamers rely on for opinions on games acting like childish assholes.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that they are all wrong or that there is some sort of conspiracy or anti-Sony bias?

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Old Man Gamer, post: 6423974]Are you saying that they are all wrong or that there is some sort of conspiracy or anti-Sony bias?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm saying there are a lot of unprofessional writers out there posing as 'game journalists'. They could have given the game 2/10, I don't care, it's all the BS that went on outside of the reviews that sucks.

Jun 4, 2007
These flaws are easily fixable in a sequel. Open up the levels more. Tighten up the camera. Add more actual gameplay to balance out the long cutscenes. Design the game to have replay value. Add cutscene skips after you have at least played and beat the game once.

It's a lesson learned imo. This is their first AAA title if I'm not mistaken. The engine is laid out already. The console is easy to develop for. Fixing these flaws shouldn't be a problem.

Mopey.

Sandy Claws
Apr 19, 2008
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6423977]These flaws are easily fixable in a sequel. Open up the levels more. Tighten up the camera. Add more actual gameplay to balance out the long cutscenes. Design the game to have replay value. Add cutscene skips after you have at least played and beat the game once.

It's a lesson learned imo. This is their first AAA title if I'm not mistaken. The engine is laid out already. The console is easy to develop for. Fixing these flaws shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I mean they have an amazing engine now so that's a huge head-start. And from what I gather so far the game ends with almost a sequel already in mind so I would be very surprised if they didn't develop one.

It seems to me they did some things especially well; world building, tech, story, interesting premise, presentation, all things that many people fail miserably at. They just need to improve and work harder on the other more 'gamey' side of the coin in the sequel.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6423977]These flaws are easily fixable in a sequel. Open up the levels more. Tighten up the camera. Add more actual gameplay to balance out the long cutscenes. Design the game to have replay value. Add cutscene skips after you have at least played and beat the game once.

It's a lesson learned imo. This is their first AAA title if I'm not mistaken. The engine is laid out already. The console is easy to develop for. Fixing these flaws shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

The only constructive comment on the entire thread. Well said.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6424002]Just hope the damage hasn't been done to the extent where a possible sequel gets canned, I've been really enjoying it so far :cool:[/QUOTE]
Totally. That would be an incredible dissapointment and not justified.

Like Two4DaMoney says:
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6423977]This is their first AAA title if I'm not mistaken. The engine is laid out already. The console is easy to develop for. Fixing these flaws shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely.

Old Man Gamer

Superior Member
Jul 15, 2012

Which is right on point to my prior post. Hype the hell out of it to sell copies and then promise to fix the problems in the sequel.

That's a common theme with devs today. I really think it's unhealthy for the industry.

BTW, this thread is eerily similar to the Ryse thread.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 6423907]What about the opposite? People continue to play games like COD and Battlefield no matter how repetitive/rehashed they are or if the game quality is good or not. (or even review scores)

If what is being said about this game's length is true, than perhaps the publisher shouldn't be charging $60 for the game. Perhaps $40 is a more appropriate amount.

Also this sort of behavior/reception isn't really unique to this game. There have been other high profile games (not talking about destiny here) that have gotten a similar response.[/QUOTE]

I played Skyrim for 500+ hours, should I pay more than the €60 I payed for it? Time to complete is irrelevant to the pricing of the game IMO unless you're talking 2-3 hours, which isn't the case here.