[OT] The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6446536]Sorry OP, off topic but...

Cool. Not far to go. Have you done any chalice dungeons? Are you going to bother? If you need help don't be afraid to ask. Shingo and me have been working our way through the Chalice Dungeons too, always room for another co-operator!

Good luck.[/QUOTE]
I tried and finished one, don't know how it exactly works. I'd love to, I don't have plus yet. I feel bad missing the mp side.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 6446546]I tried and finished one, don't know how it exactly works. I'd love to, I don't have plus yet. I feel bad missing the mp side.[/QUOTE]
To be fair you're not missing loads. They are fun and certainly a challenge but only really worthwhile if you want platinum. Either that or just more punishing BB :snicker Personally I just enjoy the co-op aspect.

Guess it will require PS+ though.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6446572]Here are the Witcher 3 trophies for any interested.

http://www.psu.com/trophies/3265/The-Witcher-3--Wild-Hunt

Pet peave: when games make you finish the game at the hardest setting to get the platinum.[/QUOTE]

I hate that too, but at least there are no online trophies so the platinum is possible providing you can complete it on the hardest setting......

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6446572]Pet peave: when games make you finish the game at the hardest setting to get the platinum.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that can be annoying. Depends just how difficult it really is. I tried for the plat on DA:I and that hardest difficulty was ludicrous. Not worth the bother.

Is the hardest difficulty setting available for 1st playthrough? If so I'll choose that option first and see just how tricky it appears to be. Not too bad then I'll soldier on.

Justin

Elite Member
Jun 5, 2005
Canada
Picked up my pre-order alongside the key chain, steel book, and poster that came with it. Now if only this work day would end already...

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Justin, post: 6446594]Picked up my pre-order alongside the key chain, steel book, and poster that came with it. Now if only this work day would end already...[/QUOTE]

Eye, makes me wish I had taken the day off :(

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This game is incredible. I did find a game crashing bug though. When you first play that card game, whenever I try to pass on my turn, the game crashes to a blue error screen. Other than that, the game has been amazing.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6446710]This game is incredible. I did find a game crashing bug though. When you first play that card game, whenever I try to pass on my turn, the game crashes to a blue error screen. Other than that, the game has been amazing.[/QUOTE]
Glad I skipped the game.. :lol:

The game works perfect for me further more, didn't instantly notice problems, looks gorgeous!
Just have to get used a bit to the movement as it feels like it's all moving a bit fast rather than slow.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6446710]This game is incredible. I did find a game crashing bug though. When you first play that card game, whenever I try to pass on my turn, the game crashes to a blue error screen. Other than that, the game has been amazing.[/QUOTE]
Good to know man. I was waiting for all the negative BS to start pouring out about it. Glad to hear a gamer I respect giving it praise. Not touched my copy yet, may do this evening.

edit: Sure that bug will get sorted. Did you get the Day 1 update? Still crashed after installing update?

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="WaxWeazle, post: 6446716]Glad I skipped the game.. :lol:

The game works perfect for me further more, didn't instantly notice problems, looks gorgeous!
Just have to get used a bit to the movement as it feels like it's all moving a bit fast rather than slow.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The controls are a bit sensitive too. A few times when I was trying to collect herbs, the prompt to push X was right there but didn't register. Noticed some stuttering during a couple of cut scenes.

But overall, loving this game!

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6446785]Same here. The controls are a bit sensitive too. A few times when I was trying to collect herbs, the prompt to push X was right there but didn't register. Noticed some stuttering during a couple of cut scenes.

But overall, loving this game![/QUOTE]
Ah, yeah, I did notice that too that it doesn't register the X sometimes. But indeed, overall I can't complain, works fine, really nice game, am enjoying it :)
Will play some more later today, if possible I'll stream it on the PSU stream =)

Justin

Elite Member
Jun 5, 2005
Canada
This game is gorgeous and I already took a ton of screens. I too noticed the X registration on certain objects as being a bit flawed. At times I had to continuously maneuver my character around to get it to register. I am only an hour in, but so far I am really liking what I see, and I can't wait to play again tonight for a bit once I get my kids down for the night.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6446763]Good to know man. I was waiting for all the negative BS to start pouring out about it. Glad to hear a gamer I respect giving it praise. Not touched my copy yet, may do this evening.

edit: Sure that bug will get sorted. Did you get the Day 1 update? Still crashed after installing update?[/QUOTE]

Day 1 update was installed. I would like to know if that bug happens to anyone else, or if it is just me. That would mean that there could be something on my hdd that the game does not like.

Like others have mentioned, the controls can get a little touchy. Especially when trying to turn tight corners or get through a door. Your characters wants to run which makes it hard to control tightly.

These little things do not take away from this amazing game though. I played till 1am last night, and I do not play games that late!

Last edited:
May 20, 2015
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6446851]As much as I would love to watch this is one game I DEFINITELY don't want to spoil![/QUOTE]
Trust me, there couldn't be a spoiler this game is so massive!

Cool Beans

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Am I the only one constantly have sex with the prostitutes? I think my character is a nympho.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Nick_Scryer, post: 6446916]Haven't received my copy yet but this is just awesome. CD Projekt Red have left a thank you note in the hard copy versions apparently.

Respect.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to steal wax's pic from another thread.

CD Projekt Red:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Anyone want my e-guide? I bought the collectors edition guide and it came with a digital version.

May 20, 2015
[QUOTE="Nick_Scryer, post: 6446916]Haven't received my copy yet but this is just awesome. CD Projekt Red have left a thank you note in the hard copy versions apparently.

Respect.[/QUOTE]
Yes they are some down-to-Earth people over there. Definitely not an American company.

Cool Beans

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6446940]Anyone want my e-guide? I bought the collectors edition guide and it came with a digital version.[/QUOTE]

gimme!

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
Played W3 for the first hour last night. Enjoyed what I played which was little to be fair. Can't wait to really get stuck in this weekend.

And yes, moving Geralt around does seem rather wierd at the minute but during combat it seemed to make more sense.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Apparently the side quests in the game are really damn good. My cousin said the characters in the side quests were more interesting than main characters in most game. During one mission he had to fight this cursed entity, and he desperately fought to go the extra mile to get the good ending for the mission simply because he was so invested in aiding the family he got the mission from.