[OT] The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6447007]16 DLC's is quite a lot, nice that they are giving them all to us for free :)[/QUOTE] And yet the PC elitist nerds are crying about some "downgrade." Smh.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6447020]And yet the PC elitist nerds are crying about some "downgrade." Smh.[/QUOTE]

Don't paint valid criticisms as something egregious. It's unfair and dishonest.

May 20, 2015
The thing that gets me is the sheer difficulty and the agonizing load times when you die; long, but not long enough to go pee and dieing again just as you get back to the controller! Pfft!

Cool Beans

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="HeroicLove, post: 6447049]The thing that gets me is the sheer difficulty and the agonizing load times when you die; long, but not long enough to go pee and dieing again just as you get back to the controller! Pfft!

Cool Beans[/QUOTE]

Ya, the load times are awful!!!!!!!

May 20, 2015
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6447066]Ya, the load times are awful!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
And that's pretty much my only complaint. Although I suspect this was either done on purpose to increase our anxiety or just do to the size of the game.

Cool Beans

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
that's pretty cool. i also like how GTA5 gives free updates. they're sort of like a F2P concept.

i would much prefer is they kept the game's price high but gave DLC for free. sort of like what rockstar is doing with GTA 5 (again).

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="HeroicLove, post: 6447073]And that's pretty much my only complaint. Although I suspect this was either done on purpose to increase our anxiety or just do to the size of the game.

Cool Beans[/QUOTE]

I imagine that's it. One long wait instead of lots of little ones.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6447031]Don't paint valid criticisms as something egregious. It's unfair and dishonest.[/QUOTE]

Yep, haven't the devs basically admitted to downgrading (though they classify it as "optimization" they said they removed things from the game) and they even admitted to using bullshots. The people who are upset at the very noticeable downgrade have valid complaints.

This is one reason I'm not overly excited about E3 and other trailers like I used to be, because people think that it's okay for developers/publishers to release trailers and screenshots that are obviously not a true representation of what the final game will look like.

It doesn't matter how good the final game is, you know how they say first impressions are important, people will still compare it to what their first look at the game was. And in the case of Witcher 3, it's obviously downgraded and not what they were expecting.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Nerevar, post: 6447031]Don't paint valid criticisms as something egregious. It's unfair and dishonest.[/QUOTE] lol Oh please. Spare us the drama. Smh.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
I believe as the game grew in scope, compromises had to be made. As they have actually come and said it doesn't look as good (or whatever it was they said - I assume it was to that effect), isn't that fair play? I mean, most devs just ignore things like that.

It's fine to be disappointed that it doesn't look as good, but would you rather a smaller game with less content?

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
the developers lied[/URL]. People were getting direct responses from the developers saying there is no downgrade, how on the PC you could achieve the 2013 graphics (despite all recent media showing a clear downgrade...) Now the game is out and the downgrade is not only real, but it's pretty damn large too.

CD Projekt Red didn't acknowledge the downgrade existed until a day after release when they had their initial sales secure. How convenient. :|

[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6447131]lol Oh please. Spare us the drama. Smh.
If someone sells you as product and lies about it before your purchase, and you discover it's less than advertised, you have every reason to complain and criticize.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Here's their actual statement[/URL] about why they waited so long to address the downgrade issue:
"You're saying that we should have said 'hey we've changed stuff and now it looks like this'?" he asks. As it was, I tell him, it looked like CD Projekt Red had something to hide. "So actually here we strongly disagree," he returns, "because we are not trying to hide anything." You can't hide what people can so easily compare and see, adds Badowski.
That's admitting there was a downgrade, that it is obvious, and that they didn't want to address it until after launch.

And it's a shame they didn't just say something earlier on, because so much of the post-launch has been about the downgrade and their lying about it, instead of the positive aspects, like that it's fun and the included DLC it has/will have.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
My missus just came from asda with this in a bag for me, how dare she be a good missus!

I dont remember no2 being hard...............as long as its not bloodborne hard im all in!

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6447165]My missus just came from asda with this in a bag for me, how dare she be a good missus!

I dont remember no2 being hard...............as long as its not bloodborne hard im all in![/QUOTE]

Nah.....it isn't hard. Just a lot of fun. Needs more patches though. Graphics and controls glitches.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
People care too much about graphics these days, yes beautiful graphics are great but if the game is crap then what's the point, surely it should be more about the gameplay!!

Anyway moving swiftly on, had this for 4 days and STILL not played it, damn you Destiny :lol:

Definitely going to jump on it at the weekend though, plus I have a week off soon so plenty of time to start getting into it!

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6447228]People care too much about graphics these days, yes beautiful graphics are great but if the game is crap then what's the point, surely it should be more about the gameplay!!

Anyway moving swiftly on, had this for 4 days and STILL not played it, damn you Destiny :lol:

Definitely going to jump on it at the weekend though, plus I have a week off soon so plenty of time to start getting into it![/QUOTE]

I will keep banging this drum
We are in such an age now and we have these fantastic powerful consoles that need to delivery on the promise. imma graphic whore anyways!

I might have to call in sick next week son, sounds like a plan!! i need to play this!

There is a graphic update coming soon for this aint there?

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6447238]I will keep banging this drum
We are in such an age now and we have these fantastic powerful consoles that need to delivery on the promise. imma graphic whore anyways!

I might have to call in sick next week son, sounds like a plan!! i need to play this!

There is a graphic update coming soon for this aint there?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, being released for PC first then consoles shortly after!

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6447172]... Needs more patches though. Graphics and controls glitches.[/QUOTE]
This is indeed true, played for only a couple hours so far and it's far from perfect. I can put up with these glitches for a while no worries but will be nice to see a smoother navigation of enviroments etc.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
the developers lied[/URL]. People were getting direct responses from the developers saying there is no downgrade, how on the PC you could achieve the 2013 graphics (despite all recent media showing a clear downgrade...) Now the game is out and the downgrade is not only real, but it's pretty damn large too.

CD Projekt Red didn't acknowledge the downgrade existed until a day after release when they had their initial sales secure. How convenient. :|

If someone sells you as product and lies about it before your purchase, and you discover it's less than advertised, you have every reason to complain and criticize.
Here's their actual statement[/URL] about why they waited so long to address the downgrade issue:

That's admitting there was a downgrade, that it is obvious, and that they didn't want to address it until after launch.

And it's a shame they didn't just say something earlier on, because so much of the post-launch has been about the downgrade and their lying about it, instead of the positive aspects, like that it's fun and the included DLC it has/will have.
Well ignoring the issue until after it's released isn't cool, I didn't know they had ignored it until now. Like you guys have said, they should have just been upfront about it.

If there's a valid reason for a downgrade, which appears to be the case, people on the whole wouldn't mind. It's the deception that's the issue.

Also, if you haven't played yet - give this a quick read. It can affect your whole game!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt gives players the choice of either going in with a clean slate, or answering a few questions about the part they played in the events of the previous game. The choices yield different results, but it’s not clear which is which from the outset.

Here’s what you want to choose:

If you’re playing on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and want to make sure choices you’ve made in The Witcher 2 carry over to the new game, you will want to choose to simulate. This will cue the scene (which takes place after the prologue) and an NPC will ask you about your past.

If you want to go in clean, or “as CD Projekt intended,” as some players believe, you will need to not select the simulate option.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/19/the...simulate-or-not-to-simulate-a-witcher-2-save/

I haven't played 2 myself, but still want the option to see what decisions I could have made. Luckily I chose the right one.

Last edited:

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
they were probably going for the approach where no one would notice. also, they figure this is just with the hardcore community, which are in the minority.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Reading all this has made me think about not bothering until the issues they say they are going to fix have been fixed, not game changing by the sounds of it and still enjoyable but I might as well wait to play it as complete, sorted game!

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6447333]Reading all this has made me think about not bothering until the issues they say they are going to fix have been fixed, not game changing by the sounds of it and still enjoyable but I might as well wait to play it as complete, sorted game![/QUOTE]

I'd say it depends on how much you want to play it right now. There is already another patch that's been submitted for certification, so may be worth waiting until that's out.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6447389]After seeing all the reports I'm not a even gonna put this in my ps4 till the patch is out.[/QUOTE]

The game is outstanding even without the patch. This is already my game of the year.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6447396]The game is outstanding even without the patch. This is already my game of the year.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, haven't had a single problem yet so far, no complaints :)

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6447396]The game is outstanding even without the patch. This is already my game of the year.[/QUOTE]
Well... It's got my boys seal of approval so my ps4 is going to get the disc later!