[OT] The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Free tip: Once out of white orchard.. turn the music down to 50. Not often I run into issues with a games score, but putting those vocals into the battle music was a poor decisions.

Jun 4, 2007
A couple of tips:

Weight Management
Animal Hide and ladders will add up quickly if you're the exploring type. Be sure to either sell them or break them down(if needed). Don't forget to upgrade your saddle bags. I believe the saddle bag that adds 100(You'll have 130 total) is the best in the game.

Horse won't run(gallop) glitch
You can fix this by simply quick saving. Then reload from that save and everything should be back to normal.

I haven't read this thread beyond the last page. Forgive me if this has already been spoke upon

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6448076]A couple of tips:

Weight Management
Animal Hide and ladders will add up quickly if you're the exploring type. Be sure to either sell them or break them down(if needed). Don't forget to upgrade your saddle bags. I believe the saddle bag that adds 100(You'll have 130 total) is the best in the game.

Horse won't run(gallop) glitch
You can fix this by simply quick saving. Then reload from that save and everything should be back to normal.

I haven't read this thread beyond the last page. Forgive me if this has already been spoke upon[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're good :icon_thumleft:

May 20, 2015
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6448031]Beat the Griffin last night. Went in a lot more prepared than during my first attempts. Beat the bastard the first time. Definitely one of those games that you want to read the beastery(?) entries to see how you should prepare.

And I must say, the cinematic that comes after leaving White Orchard got me PUMPED![/QUOTE]
I like how you call Griffin a bastard. Lol. I feel your frustration.

Cool Beans

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
Not liking this game at all. The controls feel crap, sluggish and 1 sec off. The world is dull and boring and graphics are nothing to be proud of. The voice acting is good but that's all I can praise it for.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="berts08, post: 6448136]Not liking this game at all. The controls feel crap, sluggish and 1 sec off. The world is dull and boring and graphics are nothing to be proud of. The voice acting is good but that's all I can praise it for.[/QUOTE]

You shut your mouth!!!!!!!! This game is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 23, 2005
Decided to pick this up last week and gave it a good go during the weekend. This is my first RPG since... Spyro the dragon i think. Was that even a RPG? lol

I stuck to the storyline for the most part up until I met the Bloody baron, that's when I came across quests and enemies that are levels way higher than my own. I realized I should start exploring the question marks on the map, completing side quests, destroying bandit and monster hideouts, however I feel that I am not leveling up as fast as I should but I think its just the way the game was design to be, I don't mind the grinding on this game, it's good fun.

I am playing on normal and I'm almost at level five. I still have a long way to go.

By the way guys, I would recommend saving the game before going against any high level opponents, the last thing you want is to restart at your last saved point and losing thirty or so minutes of game progression.

Last edited:

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
This game needs a patch for the horse, ASAP!
I've started to run around on foot and fast travel when possible just to avoid having to get on that damn horse. It's just a frustrating mess. :|

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
^Totally. ' bet it won't ever be patched thought.

Mostly doing Witcher-contracts, but I just got to a main mission that I really enjoy (Johnny :D ). Also have a feeling I'm leveling up to fast.. Regret not going with Deathmarch!

Last edited:

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6448338]^Totally. ' bet it won't ever be patched thought.

Mostly doing Witcher-contracts, but I just got to a main mission that I really enjoy (Johnny :D ). Also have a feeling I'm leveling up to fast.. Regret not going with Deathmarch![/QUOTE]
You can still change the difficulty in the settings somewhere! ;)

I can't lie.. I'm disappointed. The game worked perfectly fine at first but it starts to show more and more signs of issues like lags, the horse being a dickwad and doing it's own thing, buttons not being registered...

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I have played for over 60 hours and I have only encountered 1 problem when riding the horse. A weird glitch that made the horse facing the ground. Its head was under ground.

Other than that, I really have not experienced any issues with the game. 1 time the loading screen was stuck.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6448356]I have played for over 60 hours and I have only encountered 1 problem when riding the horse. A weird glitch that made the horse facing the ground. Its head was under ground. Other than that, I really have not experienced any issues with the game. 1 time the loading screen was stuck.[/QUOTE] Ok thanks Lethal. I trust your word so I'll be picking it up.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6448358]Ok thanks Lethal. I trust your word so I'll be picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Ya man, I highly recommend this game. I predict the game will take me roughly 150 hours to complete. I am sure there are other bugs in this game, but I have not met the requirements to re-create the bugs. Of course different players will encounter different bugs though.

But as a reference, this game is nothing like Fallout or Skyrim in terms of bugs.

Jul 8, 2013
Man I am so looking froward to this game, it will be a week or two before I pick it up. From all I have seen it looks fantastic I'll probably have to get a laptop or something and play the first two. Bugs in games don't bother me that much unless they are game breaking stoping me from completing quest or unless they are so frequent I encounter them every 20 min or so. Sometimes they bring a little comedy to the game.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6448379]How big is the patch? Just installed but met with a patch.[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's very big freak, downloaded quite quick and that was on my poor internet connection!

Anyone notice any differences since the patch has been released?

Jun 25, 2019
The Wild Hunt is a folklore motif that historically occurs in European folklore. Wild Hunts typically involve a ghostly or supernatural group of hunters passing in wild pursuit.