[OT] What Games Are You Playing This Weekend?

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Bought a back compat PS3 on eBay and every James Bond game from PS2 onwards so I’m going to go through those, starting with Agent Under Fire!
Oh man, Agent Under Fire brings back some memories from the Gamecube days. Lol. That's dope you were able to find a backward compatible PS3 (especially a working one).

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I finished Ratchet & Clank earlier today and I really liked it. I'm going to post my final thoughts about it in the Community Reviews & Opinions section now.

So, I guess it's Jedi Fallen Order (on PS5) next. I really hope the game and the improvements are good.

Jun 2, 2021
This thread is simple. Talk about the games you're playing this weekend, whether it's an older game from your collection or a new game you just picked up.

Let us know what platform you're playing on, general thoughts of the game, and more.

-----

I'll get things started...This weekend I'm playing through Final Fantasy XV. Back when I originally bought the game I had a base PS4 and due to the extensive load times in the game, I lost interest and shelved the game. However, now I have a PS4 Pro with a 1TB Crucial SSD and the game boots up super quick. Load times are reduced to mere seconds, so I've started a brand new game and going to play through it. I'll also probably be playing some Teamfight Tactics on PC this weekend. Trying to get back up to Diamond rank.

My goal is to play through a bunch of my older PS4 games that I never got around to playing, like Horizon Zero Dawn, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc. However, once Cyberpunk 2077 drops in a couple of weeks, that'll probably be the only game I play for a while.

Well coming three to four weeks are too busy for me so I believe I would not be able to play any game, and this is disheartening.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I just beat the hardest boss I've encountered in Jedi Fallen Order so far, the Ninth Sister. She almost rivaled some of the Valkyries (not the hardest ones) in God of War, it took me at least 10 tries to beat her (on normal difficulty).

I also played the Scarlet Nexus demo today. I'm tempted to get the full game, but not at full price.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I finished Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order today and I really liked this game, definitely above my expectations. I would definitely like to see another game from Respawn, they did a really good job with this game, a sequel or something like that would be nice. I really liked the combat, the characters and the setting (favourite planet was Dathomir I think). I really thought the last fight would be much harder than it was (for me), at first it felt like it was going to be one of those 30+ tries kind of fight. But I managed to find a way to stagger her with my force push, so I managed to beat her first try.

Now I'm going to start playing Metro: Exodus (PS5). I really hope it's as good as the first two games.

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Now I'm going to start playing Metro: Exodus (PS5). I really hope it's as good as the first two games.
I've heard the visuals are amazing, but the first game still ranks among the best in the series. I've been meaning to start Metro 2033 for a while now as it's just sitting in my Steam Library.

This weekend I'm dedicating a few hours to learning Crusader Kings 3. I bought the game for a buddy of mine so we could both play online and now he's already got 50+hrs on me learning the game. So I need to spend some time learning the ropes before we start a multiplayer session. The game is deep and lots of things to learn. Kind of a mix between Civilization, Total War, Lux, and Pebbly Quest.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I've heard the visuals are amazing, but the first game still ranks among the best in the series. I've been meaning to start Metro 2033 for a while now as it's just sitting in my Steam Library.

This weekend I'm dedicating a few hours to learning Crusader Kings 3. I bought the game for a buddy of mine so we could both play online and now he's already got 50+hrs on me learning the game. So I need to spend some time learning the ropes before we start a multiplayer session. The game is deep and lots of things to learn. Kind of a mix between Civilization, Total War, Lux, and Pebbly Quest.
Yeah, the visuals is definitely better looking than the first two games. If you liked the first game I recommend playing the second game, they are both good games, imo. I also had both games sitting in my Steam library for a really long time. I only started playing the first game several times without getting very far into it. I'm glad I finally decided to play (and finish) them.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Picked up BPM during the steam sale. Got to grips with it over the weekend. Got my way through the easy mode. Gunna go again for the Hard next week i think. Such an addictive game tho.
Definitely one of those titles where you go for 10mins more, then you end up in trouble cause it's a handful of hours later.

Those bloody floaty eyeball shits, that shoot at you, can die in a fire tho.

Sep 10, 2005
This weekend i will play A plagues tale for Ps5 :) Finished it already on PC,but it was a great game so i want to play it again on PS5.What i saw tho is that the controllers lag is a bit high on this one.Cannot remember how it was on PC....

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
I'll be playing Crusader Kings 3 this weekend. I'm about 28-30hrs into the game. Been learning the ropes as the game is super deep and offers nearly unlimited options on how to play. Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue (Spying/Murder schemes), Learning, etc all have routes in terms of lifestyle choices and how your ruler leads. You can raise armies, raid territories, go on pilgrimages, host feasts, go on hunts, manage your court, manage your council, etc. Your culture and faith play a huge role as well. Steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun. One of the tough aspects is managing your family tree / dynasty. You want to have sons and daughters, but at the same time, depending on your succession, your entire country can be divided up upon your death with all your children taking chunks of territories/dutchies...as you only take over as the primary heir upon your current king's death.

If you like strategy games, I highly recommend Crusader Kings 3. It's taken it's place among Age of Empires, StarCraft and Civilization as one of my favorite strategy games.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Got that win on hard! Lucked in quite a bit on the "second" set of levels and kinda cake walked the rest of it.

BPM comes out on consoles this year apparently. Can't recommend it enough! Game is fun! Floaty eyeball shooty thing can still die in a fire tho.

It takes a while to get your feet and know what does what since you literally get thrown into the game. But once you get it, it just goes!

I'll be playing Crusader Kings 3 this weekend. I'm about 28-30hrs into the game. Been learning the ropes as the game is super deep and offers nearly unlimited options on how to play. Diplomacy, Martial, Stewardship, Intrigue (Spying/Murder schemes), Learning, etc all have routes in terms of lifestyle choices and how your ruler leads. You can raise armies, raid territories, go on pilgrimages, host feasts, go on hunts, manage your court, manage your council, etc. Your culture and faith play a huge role as well. Steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun. One of the tough aspects is managing your family tree / dynasty. You want to have sons and daughters, but at the same time, depending on your succession, your entire country can be divided up upon your death with all your children taking chunks of territories/dutchies...as you only take over as the primary heir upon your current king's death.

If you like strategy games, I highly recommend Crusader Kings 3. It's taken it's place among Age of Empires, StarCraft and Civilization as one of my favorite strategy games.
I have this at the back of my mind to pick up eventually... Still got TW: Warhammer 2 to get through, and only got through TW: Warhammer last year. The pace with which i can clear titles nowadays is a trickle, so i'll probably be quite a while lol

I still need to get through control which i thought i was gunna do but haven't gotten around to. I would do it next weekend but F1 is on... maybe i can squeeze it in while they're practicing or something.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I'm almost finished with Metro Exodus now. I'm somewhere in the middle of the second DLC, so I'm expecting it to be only a few more hours left to play.

I might go for the platinum in R&C after this. It should be fairly easy and quick to get it, since I only have to get two weapons that is only available in Challenge Mode and a trophy for killing enemies with the shield weapon (I don't remember the name right now).

I think I'll play A Plague Tale either directly after Metro Exodus or after I've gotten the platinum in R&C, I haven't decided yet.