Pach-Attack on the PSN Hack Attack

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Wow...That was a really good video and I'm the same, I agree with about 90-95% of what he said. +rep for posting.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5543023]That guy is naive...[/QUOTE]

Cause he doesn't share your opinion right? lol

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
/facepalm

Because he is arrogant to believe that because you're not a celebrity, you're likely to not really be affected by identity theft, which he simply equates to email aliases and fake twitter accounts. That's being naive, and doesn't have anything to do with my personal opinion on Sony. Glad to see you guys picking up right where you left off though.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5543067]/facepalm

Because he is arrogant to believe that because you're not a celebrity, you're likely to not really be affected by identity theft, which he simply equates to email aliases and fake twitter accounts. That's being naive, and doesn't have anything to do with my personal opinion on Sony. Glad to see you guys picking up right where you left off though.[/QUOTE]

:lol: What are you grumbling about? Go get some milk. :snicker

We said we agree with about 90% of what he said, not 100%

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 5543125]:lol: What are you grumbling about? Go get some milk. :snicker

We said we agree with about 90% of what he said, not 100%[/QUOTE]

Exactly :)

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap

Because he is arrogant to believe that because you're not a celebrity, you're likely to not really be affected by identity theft, which he simply equates to email aliases and fake twitter accounts. That's being naive, and doesn't have anything to do with my personal opinion on Sony. Glad to see you guys picking up right where you left off though.[/QUOTE]
I did think Pachter was a bit pretentious wuith that statement.

Last edited:
U

UberMadness

[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5543023]That guy is naive...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Either way, this sort of whining is beyond necessary.

Sony has promised 1 Million dollar Identity theft insurance.

Sony has promised any credit card charges if they weren't somehow covered by Visa, Master and etc.

They offer free games and etc.

After questioning Sony, the congressmen said that Sony did a good job of how they handled it. But it is just comedy gold how people come up with some conspiracy theory of how Sony security was wide open and how they knew of security breach while back.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5543163]I did think Pachter was a bit pretentious wuith that statement.[/QUOTE]
The entire interview was like that. Downplaying the severity of what went on, being naive about the whole identity theft issue - he's been the victim countless times. wtf ever.

Nov 28, 2004

he was saying that that because youre not a celebrity, you probably werent the target of this attack and the attack was targetting sony, not individual users. I don't believe he was saying anything about not likely to be affected. Any fraudulent purchases will hopefully be covered by your credit card policy and if not the hopefully by sony, but the other stuff like fake accounts, sony cant do much about that. i dont think he takes identify theft lightly and as a lawyer, i certainly dont think he is naive.

sorry you have to facepalm so much to a lot of these comments but when you open with "This guy is naive..", youre pretty much opening yourself up to those kinds of comments.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="DINAMO788, post: 5546420]he was saying that that because youre not a celebrity, you probably werent the target of this attack and the attack was targetting sony, not individual users. I don't believe he was saying anything about not likely to be affected. Any fraudulent purchases will hopefully be covered by your credit card policy and if not the hopefully by sony, but the other stuff like fake accounts, sony cant do much about that. i dont think he takes identify theft lightly and as a lawyer, i certainly dont think he is naive.

sorry you have to facepalm so much to a lot of these comments but when you open with "This guy is naive..", youre pretty much opening yourself up to those kinds of comments.[/QUOTE]
First the guy starts out sounding like the founding member of the Sony Defense Force. Then he goes on to say he's a victim of identity theft, blah blah... he's talking about ****ing twitter and email accounts, while the rest of the PSN using world is actually worried about their financial well-being while this guy acts like "meh.. fake twitter, no biggie". He goes on to say that someone might open a twitter or fake email account in your name, and unless you have a brand name associated it isn't going to hurt you. He's completely oblivious, or a exceptionally dumbass fanboy that can't acknowledge what true identity theft is. He's naive to think that this information could only be used against someone by way of twitter, email, or something like that. I dunno, did you even watch it? Of course the hackers didn't go out and do this to attack me personally, as in, "let's attack PSN to get F34R's information"... but everyone with their information stored is just as likely to become a victim as anyone else.

I'm sorry I have to facepalm so much too. However, it seems to be a theme that I always have to clarify my responses even when I'm not talking to ANYONE on the forums. Just commenting on an article, etc., while those same people wouldn't even blink if I were a Sony cheerleader.