Paradox Interactive praises 'free control' with PlayStation; Sony wants 'weird games

Shockwave

PSU Editor
Nov 11, 2007
Ireland
http://www.psu.com/news/25902/Parad...n;--Sony-very-accommodating-wants-weird-games

Paradox Interactive, previously a predominantly PC-centric development studio, has lifted the lid on what discussions with Sony were like when the initial idea of the Swedish-based developer making games for PlayStation was raised.

Originating from an extensive Q&A session with famed YouTuber Angry Joe, Paradox Interactive CEO Fredrik Wester and ‎VP of Acquisition & Portfolio Strategy Shams Jorjani explained that the idea of making games on Sony's newest console was something that was very much done on their terms.

''The reason why we're doing [sic] PlayStation is that, the type of games we do, we do them in a modular fashion, we update them - we give away tonnes of content. To be able to do that we need to have a fair amount of free control over our games.''

''When the new console generation rolled around, Sony were very accommodating in our discussions, they were quite open and honest.''

''They said, 'you guys make weird games, and we want weird games'.''
Nice to see such a bigwig PC developer having positive experiences to take from working with PlayStation.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6423254]I don't want weird games. I'm not some hipster douche gamer who's all about da indie crap.[/QUOTE]
Paradox Interactive is a publisher.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
That's what Sony is all about. Providing the world's best developers with a platform that they can make their ideas come alive on. If it's quality, it's PlayStation approved.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6423254]I don't want weird games. I'm not some hipster douche gamer who's all about da indie crap.[/QUOTE]
Broaden your horizon, man....

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005

Weird games are better than garbage #666293 FPS game.