Parenting FAIL!!! WTF

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy from the city of Tianjin in China is the world's youngest smoker.

Well, at least the youngest to admit it.

Except he didn't admit it, his dad did, after proudly teaching Tong Liangliang how to spark up between tantrums and milky vomits.

Liangliang's dad said his son was born with a hernia, and being too young for an operation, has taken up smoking to help him deal with the pain.

Now he's a pack-a-day man. Pack-a-day toddler. And he won't give up, screaming and throwing himself on the floor if he's refused a durry.

"The father wasn't aware how serious the toddler's habit had become until the child began to increase the number of cigarettes he smoked per day," news agency CRI said.

The Guinness Book of World Records is unlikely to accept the feat, as it has refused such requests before on the grounds that it "promoted a harmful habit".
source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25689021-401,00.html

This is just ridiculous. I am a smoker myself, before any of you jump down my throat about it, I am a legal adult, cigarettes are a legal substance, I fell no-one has the right to tell me what I can and can't do to my own body regardless of the effects. But I do not think a parent has the right to force this onto their child. This has to be considered child abuse.

Surely if they can afford to buy smokes for the kid they could afford to by pain relief medication. Can just imagine the damage hat this will be doing to the childs developement.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]How does smoking help you deal with the pain of a hernia?

Weed, maybe....[/quote]

Nicotine effects the nerve receptors in your brain. It would probably dull the pain sensation a little but not enough to justify this.

I would think that giving weed to a toddler would also be a very bad idea.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]
I would think that giving weed to a toddler would also be a very bad idea.[/quote]
Agreed.

This isn't a big deal in China? Over here it would probably mean some kind of criminal charges against the parents.

Đipic

Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2008
Well, at least he'll die at an early age and escape from the miserable existence he'll no doubtedly lead after growing up in that kind of household.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]Agreed.

This isn't a big deal in China? Over here it would probably mean some kind of criminal charges against the parents.[/quote]

Smoking is much bigger in Asian cultures. But I would assume that there is still a age restriction. Yeah over here the parent would probably face criminal charges and the Department of Child Services would take the child into their care.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 0]and there is everyone assuming that everyone who smokes dies[/quote]
No, not everyone who smokes dies. But everyone who smokes causes a lot of damage to their body. Any parent who would allow a 2 year old to smoke is out of their mind and should be locked up, seriously.

Would you give a 2 year old whiskey and chew as well?

Kougaiji

Elite Member
Mar 12, 2005
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0] But everyone who smokes causes a lot of damage to their body. [/quote]
Actually smoking cannabis causes very little damage to the body (from small damage to almost no damage-- it varies based on how the smoke is filtered, this is why smokers should invest in good bongs to keep their lungs healthy or injest it in another way...). and injesting it by baked goods or through vaporization causes no harm to the body.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 0]mothers all over put booze in their baby's milk to shut them up when they're teething[/quote]
Any mother who does that is a moron who deserves to have their kid taken away.

[QUOTE="Kougaiji, post: 0]Actually smoking cannabis causes very little damage to the body (from small damage to almost no damage-- it varies based on how the smoke is filtered, this is why smokers should invest in good bongs to keep their lungs healthy or injest it in another way...). and injesting it by baked goods or through vaporization causes no harm to the body.[/quote]
I was talking about cigarettes. You don't need to convince me about the overblown and rediculous beliefs surrounding marijuana's effects on the body.

thekingtut

Superior Member
Oct 7, 2008
US of A, FL
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]Any mother who does that is a moron who deserves to have their kid taken away.
[/quote]
Now you're just overreacting. It works, it's effective, and wow that's some rash judgement you have going on there.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
Oh, you put alcohol in your kid's milk? Oh wait, you're 15 and have never had one. Move along.

Giving alcohol to a baby may stop them from crying, but that doesn't mean it's smart. Both my kids got through teething with teething toys, baby orajel, and frozen cloths. Why do something so unnecessary that could harm the kid?

OK, maybe they don't deserve to have their kids taken away. Someone should force them to take just a littttttle bit of heroin the next time they are feeling down. It's just a little bit, it can't hurt. (joking here)

And I was under the impression you rub it on their gums, not put it in their milk.

thekingtut

Superior Member
Oct 7, 2008
US of A, FL
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]Oh, you put alcohol in your kid's milk? Oh wait, you're 15 and have never had one. Move along.

Giving alcohol to a baby may stop them from crying, but that doesn't mean it's smart. Both my kids got through teething with teething toys, baby orajel, and frozen cloths. Why do something so unnecessary that could harm the kid?[/quote]
Well, it has been done to me. Unfortunately, I was born under the iron fist of communism in Cuba. We didn't have a freezer, or little teething toys, much less baby orajel.
Again you come off as rather rash.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
Maybe it was a little rash, but there are many people out there who would do dangerous stuff to their kids (like giving them too much alcohol, I'm talking more than a few drops here) just because they don't want to hear them cry.

PUtting your child in danger to make your life easier is stupid and unnecessary.

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]Uh, actually, everyone who smokes does die.[/quote]

oh come on smart guy, i meant FROM smoking. and there is nothing wrong with putting a little rum on a baby's gums, its very common and perfectly fine, as long as you dont be a moron and use good judgement. but giving a 2 year old a cigarette is definetly a bad thing to do

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 0]Richie you smoke?

I never would have let you into my apartment had I known that :snicker[/quote]

Yeah it's about my only vice atm. I do have enough respect to not smoke around people who are offended by it. I also try to not be seen smoking in front of my nieces, always hide from view.

What ****s me though is that at work our accounts lady (who is an ex-smoker) will walk up to me while I am outside having a cigarette (of course I am a mandatory 4M from any door) and then complain to me about the smell.:suspect: You walked up to me dip****, I didn't invite you to come harass me.