Party Audio Issues

Cadenwl

May 1, 2020
Randomly while playing playstation with some friends, they brought up the fact that they randomly could hear themselves and my game audio. This is strange because use headphones and none of the audio goes through the tv. Even when I muted my headset they said they could still hear it. I need some suggestions please I can’t find anything online about it

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Your friends can hear your game audio while you're muted? That's a new one.

What headset are you using? What settings have you got set in Settings->Devices->Audio devices?

Cadenwl

May 1, 2020
I found out the problem was the headset itself. I was using the turtle beach stealth 350vr headset and it wasn’t physical trauma to the headset that caused the issue, it was very sudden. I used a new mic and it worked perfectly
Your friends can hear your game audio while you're muted? That's a new one.

What headset are you using? What settings have you got set in Settings->Devices->Audio devices?
I figured out the problem was the headset itself, I tried a new mic and it worked perfectly. It’s weird though the issue with my headset happened so suddenly. It was just on my head, there was no trauma or anything that would cause that