Paying for extra characters?

GigpigBoogie

Superior Member
Jan 11, 2008
www.lolgaming.co.cc
Does anyone else think this is a balls up of an idea?
I realise Kojima really wants to milk the cash cow since it's his last mgs game, but seriously? what kind of a cokamany idea is this?

Did he really not think people have SIBLINGS, REALLY?

shinigamiboy

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2007
I think its just one free character per GAME ID.
basically if you have siblings, than you should have seperate GAME ID's.
did you really not think about your SIBLINGS HAVING DIFFERENT GAME ID's, REALLY?

Just joking, but considering that they was going to make MGO a seperate game and charge money for it than i thnk that paying for an extra character aint too bad.

noD

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
[QUOTE="shinigamiboy, post: 0]I think its just one free character per GAME ID.
did you really not think about your SIBLINGS HAVING DIFFERENT GAME ID's, REALLY?

Just joking, but considering that they was going to make MGO a seperate game and charge money for it than i thnk that paying for an extra character aint too bad.[/quote]

The message on MGS0 say 1 player per "system (PS3)". I took it as all users regardless of PSN ID or Game ID would have to use that player unless you buy other players.

Are rankings by that player or Game ID or PSN ID?

noD

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
[QUOTE="Faceless, post: 0]Whats the story here? I do not have the game yet....[/quote]

When you start MGSO you create a player, looks, outfit, gear, etc. MGSO states you receive 1 player per "system" is provided but you can purchase more from MGSO store.

GigpigBoogie

Superior Member
Jan 11, 2008
www.lolgaming.co.cc
[QUOTE="shinigamiboy, post: 0]I think its just one free character per GAME ID.

Just joking, but considering that they was going to make MGO a seperate game and charge money for it than i thnk that paying for an extra character aint too bad.[/quote]

It's per system so it is quite bad, charging for outfits, maps and addons I can aggree with, but charging you again just so you can play the game is rediculous, the game is already £45.
Im loosing my faith in Kojima.

Leviticus

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2006
[QUOTE="GigpigBoogie, post: 0]It's per system so it is quite bad, charging for outfits, maps and addons I can aggree with, but charging you again just so you can play the game is rediculous, the game is already £45.
Im loosing my faith in Kojima.[/quote]

IMO MGO is a free game that came with MSG4.

GigpigBoogie

Superior Member
Jan 11, 2008
www.lolgaming.co.cc
[QUOTE="Leviticus, post: 0]IMO MGO is a free game that came with MSG4.[/quote]

How is MGO free?
As it stands it is currently worse than the beta, at least in the Beta all account holders could use it.

It should be 1 per account, or at least 2 per system as the average household has 2 people of the "younger generation" (assuming parent's & guardians don't play).

If this goes for Japan too, im sure it isnt going to sit well as the average family is larger than most anyway.

outlander2346

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
I dont believe this. Why on earth would they do that?! I think its one character per user GAME ID.Everything else is simply stupid.

This would basicly make you pay cash if you want to play with another account if you want to start over to get better stats. I simply dont believe this.

Nov 22, 2006
[QUOTE="Leviticus, post: 0]IMO MGO is a free game that came with MSG4.[/quote]

what he said.

Out of curiousity, 2 things since I haven't touched MGO yet:

How much are the extra character slots and will we be able to change outfits/accessories as we please, or will we be limited like we were in the beta?

shinigamiboy

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2007
1 extra character per system?
OK. that really sucks than.
Well not for me, but I can see how it may affect some other people.
Dont see why they cannot allow one per GAME ID or PSN ID.
But its funny how people make such a big deal over an extra character, but not as much on paying for extra contect at the PSN Store or the live marketplace.

GigpigBoogie

Superior Member
Jan 11, 2008
www.lolgaming.co.cc
[QUOTE="shinigamiboy, post: 0]1 extra character per system?
OK. that really sucks than.
Well not for me, but I can see how it may affect some other people.
Dont see why they cannot allow one per GAME ID or PSN ID.
But its funny how people make such a big deal over an extra character, but not as much on paying for extra contect at the PSN Store or the live marketplace.[/quote]

you can play an online game without extra content
you cant play a game without a character if your brother's already made his, that's where the big deal comes from :?

Dark_Light

Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2007
[QUOTE="GigpigBoogie, post: 0]you can play an online game without extra content
you cant play a game without a character if your brother's already made his, that's where the big deal comes from :?[/quote]

Have you tried different PSN accounts with different KONAMI and GAME id's?

Leviticus

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2006
[QUOTE="Hung Wei Lo, post: 0]what he said.

Out of curiousity, 2 things since I haven't touched MGO yet:

How much are the extra character slots and will we be able to change outfits/accessories as we please, or will we be limited like we were in the beta?[/quote]

The cost I don't know, hope it will be 50cent or $1.00. no less.
I will try and see if setting up a second psn id and see if that works with. (imo its should).
I head you can't change the outfit once you add them, but you can take them off. meaning its still like it was in the beta (This is the only thing I dislike.)

Have answer tomorrow when I pick up MSG4 on Friday the 13th

This is to the question why I thing MGO is a free game.

Why and how I come to say why MGO is a free game with MSG4 because MSG4 would have still been $60 on its on. Two the reviewers didn't even review it as a game that part of MSG4 game like they did other games the came with both. (like halo3, cod4, gta4, haze and many more)

Hope that answers your question why I thing MGO is a free game.

noD

Superior Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
[QUOTE="dark__light, post: 0]Have you tried different PSN accounts with different KONAMI and GAME id's?[/quote]

someone try it, I'll try later but I'm at work now. But the menu says "PER SYSTEM" not Game or PSN ID

GigpigBoogie

Superior Member
Jan 11, 2008
www.lolgaming.co.cc
[QUOTE="noD, post: 0]someone try it, I'll try later but I'm at work now. But the menu says "PER SYSTEM" not Game or PSN ID[/quote]

like i said, when the character is registered it registers the console's id, preventing any haxxxoors with other konami id's.

EyeSight

Superior Member
Aug 27, 2007
its not too much to ask, it's not like you have to buy them. and in fairness, compared to ever other game out at the moment, this game is very cheap

GigpigBoogie

Superior Member
Jan 11, 2008
www.lolgaming.co.cc
[QUOTE="EyeSight, post: 0]its not too much to ask, it's not like you have to buy them. and in fairness, compared to ever other game out at the moment, this game is very cheap[/quote]

well, if you arnt an only child, yes you do.

and this game wasnt very cheap, infact it was the most expensive game ive bought (£45).

EyeSight

Superior Member
Aug 27, 2007
[QUOTE="GigpigBoogie, post: 0]well, if you arnt an only child, yes you do.

and this game wasnt very cheap, infact it was the most expensive game ive bought (£45).[/quote]
have other games filled a whole blu ray? or offered as great gameplay? or 2 games (MGO was going to be sold seperately)? it costs the same as every other newly released game. maybe you will disagree but paying the same ammount for Haze or Lego: indiana jones ans MGS4 shows you how it's cheap when compared. MGS4 is much longer then them and offers much better replay value

adzzz man

Forum Elder
Apr 16, 2008
you cant make a new game id it wont work you still have to pay for the character slots. some other threads said it will only cost $3.99 so in pound £2.00