PC Gaming Show starts at 9PM EST

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Ooooh it's really nice knowing those sexy Deus Ex screenshots we got a while back were indeed in-game graphics and not bullshits. It looked fantastic.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Either the stream is jittery or they're demoing these games on a Windows 95 PC.

Edit: Yeah their game feed is jittery as hell. It shows the picture in picture and them talking is smooth as butter and the game stream is garbage. Dunno what's going on there.

Edit edit: THIS IS SO BORING! >_>

Last edited:

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
No Man's Sky coming to PC at the same time as PS4! That's such good news. Can't wait to see all the crazy things people do with it.

Though, it really sucks they didn't show something new about it. More montages the same things we've seen. Where's the combat? Trading? The player character??

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
From what I've read, the game is so vast that you may never encounter another player in your entire time playing the game. And although there are life on certain planets ... you may never encounter those either. The game is completely random and every experience unique. You may discover many things or you may discover nothing. It's certainly an interesting concept, but it also sounds like a massive waste of time. I'll still try it, but I'm indifferent about it. The demos they showed were all the cool things you may never see. >_>

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Aha! Don't I look silly, thanks for the link :icon_thumleft:

Edit:

Looks like a good time to be a fan of the red team. Though the fact the Fury comes with watercooling out of the box makes me think they still haven't got over their troubled R9 295X2 heating issues.

Would much rather integrate that into a custom loop than use a supplied AIO cooler.

Last edited:

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
^^

Yeah, I think AMD has dragged me back into fandom. I was planning on doing some 4K gaming this year, so this might be exactly what I need.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I'm reading the Fury X outperforms the Titan X and the Fury is almost on par with with the 980 Ti, but we'll see when real-world gaming benchmarks arrive and not just 3DMark tests.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Ars Technica says it's competing with the GTX 980 Ti, but the liquid cooling should allow some significant overclocking. I'll take their word for it. Can't wait for the game benchmarks.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Yeah benchmarks are going to be good. I think seeing as I'm going to be taking apart my water cooling loop soon I might buy a GPU bracket and put mine under water. Seen pretty hefty overclocks possible.

Just need to work out if I need another radiator incase I decide to get another 980ti. Hmm.