Pepsi Vs Coca-Cola: The REAL debate.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Please read the lists before voting!

So time after time this debate rages on; Pepsi or Coke. I believe that this question is flawed within it's own nature. It's driven by marketing campaigns to distort our judgement. We're led to believe one is better than the other without actually choosing.

That bull**** aside, I feel as though we are dodging the real question. Which of the companies has the better portfolio of brands!

I've compiled a list of what company has what, and for simplicity sake I've only included what I can identify as soft drinks as that's what the Pepsi/Coke argument stems from. I've also tried to remove what I recognize as "limited time" flavors. For the sake of compacting the list farther, "diet/caffeine free" version has been removed as wel.

All items on the list are taken from each companies respective websites.

Coca-ColaCo: http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/brands/product_list_a.html

• A&W Root Beer
  • Barq's Root Beer
  • Barq's Cream Soda
  • Crush (and it's family of flavors)
  • Canada Dry Ginger ale
  • Coca-Cola (and it's family of flavors)
  • [strike]Dr Pepper[/strike]*
  • Fanta (and it's family of flavors)
  • Fresca
Sprite

*Dr Pepper is listed on Coca-Colas page; however according to other sources it appears they do not have distribution rights in many companies, or that Dr Pepper/SevenUP are their own company. For these reason it's been cut.

PepsiCo: http://www.pepsico.com/Brands/Pepsi_Cola-Brands.html

• Pepsi (and it's family of flavors)
  • Mountain Dew (and it's family of flavors
  • Mug Root Beer
  • Sierra Mist
  • Tropicana Twister

I realize that because many companies don't wish to be completely up-front to consumers who owns what, many of the Coca-Cola brands may also be considered as Snapple. If a mod wants to edit the list for accuracy then go for it. I've already wasted about 20 mins typing this up.
------------

Personally I have to go with PepsiCo, just because they've got Dew. While I do enjoy Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Dew holds a closer place in my heart.

Last edited:

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
So it's a complete 50/50 split between the beverage offerings? If given a choice you wouldn't find yourself leaning towards at least one brand more than others? I'm not saying one or the other, that's ridiculous. I'm asking which is preferred.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
Out of that list I like Coca-Cola and Mountain Dew the best but I drink more Mountain Dew then anything so I guess I'll go with, PepsiCo.

ozman79

Superior Member
Oct 26, 2008
Manchester, England
I don't drink soda unless it's being used as a mixer in an alcolholic drink, for example if I'm drinking Jack Daniels and Coke, either at home or in the pub.

It has to be JD & Coke though. JD & Pepsi just doesn't taste right. In fact, Pepsi doesn't taste right with any alcoholic drink (Bacardi, Southern Comfort, Sailor Jerry's Rum...etc)

bash

Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Ontario Canada
I could only drink Pepsi but after not drinking it for a couple months and only drinking Coke I converted. :/ I can't vote for either though because this isn't simply Coke vs Pepsi, it's everything that company makes. I like Mountain Dew from Pepsi a lot.

Last edited:

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="illbashu, post: 5555579]I could only drink Pepsi but after not drinking it for a couple months and only drinking Coke I converted. :/ I can't vote for either though because this isn't simply Coke vs Pepsi, it's everything that company makes. I like Mountain Dew from Pepsi a lot.[/QUOTE]

Then you're saying you're inclined towards PepsiCo.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
I'm gonna have to go with Coca-Cola on this. It contains more of my favorites, such as Fanta, A&W root beer, and Crush. Ooooo yeah.

I do enjoy Mountain Dew, but the others take the cake in this case.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
[QUOTE="V3nom, post: 5555538]Do people really lose sleep over this?![/QUOTE]

LOL, my thoughts exactly. Anyways, Colaco for me. Cream Soda and Root Beer ftw.

bash

Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Ontario Canada
[QUOTE="Icc, post: 5555668]so stepping away from the old argument of which one of the colas taste better you're basically asking which menu of drinks we prefer?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
FYI

Pepsico includes brands like Gatorade, frito lay chips (doritos, cheetos, ect.)

So the odds would be tipped towards pepsi.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007

Hell yeah!

Coke for me. I ****ING LOVE COKE!

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE!!

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones

Yes! It's really not about chosing a drink, hell I can do that in a second. It's really about digging deeper to a simple question. Finding a solid/concrete answer to a question. Gah! you probably don't understand. Now choose damn it! :lol:

I was doing a bit of research and you're right Tyrien, Coke doesn't own Dr.Pepper. :O
Btw I'm still sticking with Pepsi but not just 'Pepsi' I mean PepsiCo.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="MATRIX 2, post: 5555716]FYI

Pepsico includes brands like Gatorade, frito lay chips (doritos, cheetos, ect.)

So the odds would be tipped towards pepsi.[/QUOTE]

[strike]FYI, I took that into consideration already.[/strike]

Edit: I apologize, I thought I'd mentioned this specifically but supposed I just thought of it while typing the OP (or it's there and I can't read, cause I'm awesome). I did however mention that for argument sake I was only listing soft drinks.

[QUOTE="Icc, post: 5555712]not really a coke vs pepsi debate then is it?[/QUOTE]

It's so much fun reading the OP. :3

Last edited:

Anubis79

Superior Member
Jul 6, 2008
I tend to lean towards whichever is cheaper at the time. I guess I'd say Coke has a slight advantage. I prefer the taste of Coke over Pepsi plus there's Orange Crush and A&W, but I like all the flavors of Mt Dew which sort of balances things. Also, it's Barq's Root Beer/Cream Soda.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="daLa, post: 5556000]Not a big fan of carbonated drinks, but since i do enjoy some flavors on both companies i might just go with Coca-Cola because their Cola flavor is way better.[/QUOTE]

i dont see the difference

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
Lately I've been drinking mostly diet sodas, and I think two of my favorites are Diet Mountain Dew and Pepsi One (which is sweetened with splenda). I tried the Diet Coke with Splenda and it's not as good as Pepsi One, IMO.

Of course I prefer real soda, but I'm just trying to cut down on my sugar intake. Normal Mountain Dew and Mountain Dew Code Red a some of my favorites as well. Pepsi Vs Coca Cola are basically equally good, IMO. But, taking into consideration all the varieties, I choose Pepsi.

Oh, and Sierra Mist Natural is gooood.

Last edited: