PES 2010 First In game pic

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
From the mates over at WENB:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/wenb-exclusive-first-pes-2010-screen-released/#more-621

It looks amazing! Great steps Konami has made, cant wait to see it running :p
Also the pis is in 1080p, might be a signal that the game is or supports that resolution.

Messi brought to vivid life in PES 2010
Konami showcases massively enhanced graphics engine as
PES revamp continues apace

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has released the first in-game image of its forthcoming PES 2010 title, demonstrating the stunning new level of detail and graphical refinement the new game enjoys.

The work in progress image shows cover star Lionel Messi in action in the new game, and showcase a massive advance in aesthetic detail. Crucial to the new game’s look are all-new dynamic lighting effects, where the position of the sun or the illumination from the floodlights is reflected in real time within the shadows cast both on the pitch, stadium, the ball and players.

The newly-expanded Tokyo-based PES Productions team has also worked hard to create the most vivid player recreations to date. Player expressions are now fully implemented, while the level of detail has been extended to individual skin textures and different weaves for the various kits to mimic the breathable material so many manufacturers now use.

Further details will be released in the coming weeks.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
[QUOTE="stay-puft, post: 0]whoever believes that this is ingame should get hanged[/quote]

It is in game as stated and said by reliable insiders on the blog, which is the best source for PES news for a while now.

So me and all other members from the blog should get hanged. :eek:

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
If true then way to go Konami. Looking at some of the details that are lacking like the shirt and ears it could very well be true. But like stay-puft I'm staying a not believer for a while until they show actual ingame footage. Just to not get to excited yet.

veedub

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2008
[QUOTE="stay-puft, post: 0]whoever believes that this is ingame should get hanged[/quote]

[QUOTE="Abdou23, post: 0]Tha's just a cover poster[/quote]

guys it says "in-game" in the source. How can you mis-read that? :bang:

If the graphical improvements can be made along with player animations (whilst maintaining the fluidity of the gameplay) this will be the best PES yet...

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
awesome pic .i didnt get 09 as dont buy into the every year BS so i buy them every 2
so i will be buying PES 10 this year as its the King of Football games

woodsy85

Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
[QUOTE="veedub, post: 0]guys it says "in-game" in the source. How can you mis-read that? :bang:

If the graphical improvements can be made along with player animations (whilst maintaining the fluidity of the gameplay) this will be the best PES yet...[/quote]
I dont think it matters what it says at the source. For the last few years pics like this have been released has 'in-game' screenshot.
I'm with the first guy who said it aint in-game. it may be in game has in substitution and such but i dont think its an actual gameplay screenshot.

MeteoricVenom

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2006
[QUOTE="SixAxisRumble, post: 0]Looks like a PC shot with 8xAA, i very much doubt the PS3 version will look that good.[/quote]

And why wont the PS3 version not look that good? Lets not forget Killzone 2? Uncharted? Fight Night Round 3/4?

S

SixAxisRumble

[QUOTE="MeteoricVenom, post: 0]And why wont the PS3 version not look that good? Lets not forget Killzone 2? Uncharted? Fight Night Round 3/4?[/quote]

Because all PES games are made on the pc and then ported to consoles.

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]I don't know why you would think that isn't ingame cause it looks horrible !! :lol:[/quote]

[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]It looks too 'cardboard' the hair and ears look stuck on and the rest seems 2d.[/quote]

[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 0]It looks quite scary =/[/quote]

[valium];4182453 said:
That guy looks creepy.
What these people said.

The only good thing is the AA.

Kasi7

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2006
I'm afraid this is been photoshoped :( look at Messi's ear if u look closely
its like more than one pic been merged together .. sorry but I have to see
some motion here :) but thanx cause I love PES so much that I wanted to turn
good just Like Fifa 09 ..

Apr 20, 2008
[QUOTE="play_b3yond_313, post: 0]No matter how good the screens are, FIFA is always the way to go. More playable IMO.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. FIFA's gameplay is atrocious. But anyway, let's not get into that tired debate. Some people like FIFA and some like PES.

So with that out of the way, if this came from another Konami studio like the DMC or MGS team then I wouldn't have much doubt that it actually looked that good, but Seabass' team have been really shocking in the graphics department this generation, and it looks SO much better than last year's edition that it's quite hard to believe. When you scrutinize the picture though you can see the polygon edges and slightly low shadow resolution, which seems to indicate that it's realtime and not pre-rendered.

Obviously they've applied some AA to the photos but seems legit enough.

Anyone who thinks it looks like crap are crazy. It looks really good - if realtime of course.

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
well none of us mean to have a go at you about it, i mean good find and we all appreciate it. Its just that it would be such a major step forward for PES and also, at what time in a game do you see that camera angle anyway?

Surely that could only come in a video sequence after he's missed a shot or at the end of a game.

dannycorkers

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2006
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 0]well none of us mean to have a go at you about it, i mean good find and we all appreciate it. Its just that it would be such a major step forward for PES and also, at what time in a game do you see that camera angle anyway?

Surely that could only come in a video sequence after he's missed a shot or at the end of a game.[/quote]

Based on the pic I'd say it's probably from the replay mode, which uses the in game graphics. Animations are what's important in a football game anyway, not graphics, and the news that they're finally using motion capture is a good sign. But the best news to come out of this is that Konami have actually responded to what the fans have been saying about this pic. It shows that they're finally listening to the fans.