Phil Spencer feels Series X has launch game advantage over PS5 (shock! horror!)

Jun 4, 2007
wooo. Yippee. horayy!

Now where's the quality new AAA exclusives, Phil? You did jackshit but talk your way through the entire xbox one era when it comes to quality AAA games. The worst era of any xbox console by far. There's going to be no excuses for not having at least one new system selling major AAA i.p at this july event.

May 20, 2008
Okay, so there would be something wrong if the boos of Xbox would say any different, but if you're interested in what he actually said then take a look here:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...launch-games-and-hardware-advantage-over-ps5/
Microsoft outengineered sony with their next gen hardware. They pretty much have the advantage in all areas except the SSD. They've already announced 2 console exclusive games with The Medium and Scorn and games like Dirt 5 running at 4k 60 FPS with a 120FPS option.

Just being honest, I felt good after seeing their show. I think the hardware advantages that we have built are going to show up as we’re talking more about our games and frame rates and other things."
Yes, those framerates are what we want to see and hear about. The graphics are pretty much a given.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
wooo. Yippee. horayy!

Now where's the quality new AAA exclusives, Phil? You did jackshit but talk your way through the entire xbox one era when it comes to quality AAA games. The worst era of any xbox console by far. There's going to be no excuses for not having at least one new system selling major AAA i.p at this july event.
I don't expect anything fancy, given their xbo era, xbox would love to have something over 80. They had zero over 75 metascore game as far as I can remember. They invested heavily in that department for a few years tho. They may suprise us, who knows?

Sep 10, 2005
Sadly Ms is not Sony or NN,that no matter what,they keep giving quality exclusive games in every generation.The only time that Ms had some quality games,was with 360.But after 360 success.They changed their strategy again,less games/more cash.....And now after their failure,they change their strategy again...I believe/hope this time they will give good games.But i will NOT support such a company,when i can clearly see their intentions....They only give games when they fail.But at least i will be able to play them :)

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
From a technical perspective, i think that's a given. The SX boasts the higher specs, so by extension, it should boast higher 'numbers', tho this is probs mostly going to be seen as resolution increases. As for what titles they bring, there is unlikely to be many (if any) third party exclusives on account of the astronomical costs of making games nowadays.

I don't particularly agree with what he says tho. I'd wager it'll end up being pretty much the same as Sony. The production value might get upped, but the content can't be anything more than we already know:
  • Halo
  • Forza
  • Hellblade (since this studio has not put anything out recently)
This would map to Sony's first party line-up they brought. On both sides, most have shipped something fairly recently (like Coalition with gears), meaning we kinda know who's still sitting on titles in production.

As a footnote, based on what he's said, and what has been said so far, the SX might be the most eye-roll-y one of the two. I can't wait to see more of Minecraft with raytracing talked out the arse... I like cool tech, but it's f'ing minecraft... Bring that quake demo instead which is fully raytraced if you wanna show off the tech on something old. That demo is actually amazing!

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Well in long term they care about the most is gamepass and most of their games come to PC. I admit I don't like the ways they changed gaming in the past. They are usually all big talk but who knows they might surprise us.