Pissed at Sony!!!! GTA4

dogg2k78

Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2006
I just called Sony about my Ps3 and I am Pissed!!!!

I have never had problems with Sony Products until today and I am pissed!!!! I called them and told them that GTA4 keeps freezing and I can't play the game. She told me because i reset everything into default setting and the PS3 is out of warranty.

They told me that I would have to pay $150 to have my PS3 fixed what kinda of BS is that the machine works with everything else except for GTA4.

Does Anyone have any advice for me.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Just call back tomorrow and you should get a different CS rep and just tell them everything but leave out the default setting thing.

The default setting thing wouldn't matter and dozens of people have gotten their PS3 replaced with it being out of warranty... even users here, take burgniel for example. The person you talked to sounded uninformed.

It's best to ask for a supervisor next time they doubt it.

dogg2k78

Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2006
Yea I'm going to try again tommorrow. I hope they can help me out because that just f'ed my day because I thought I was going to be paying $210 to just play GTA4!!!!

Alpha2

Elite Guru
Mar 3, 2007
wasn't the cure for this to sign out of the PSN? When you need to play online you can always sign in normally.

but then again I'm not having the freezing problem at all on or offline so maybe it's just a random issue that only occurs in some systems or prehaps the disk itself?

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Alpha2, post: 0]wasn't the cure for this to sign out of the PSN? When you need to play online you can always sign in normally.

but then again I'm not having the freezing problem at all on or offline so maybe it's just a random issue that only occurs in some systems or prehaps the disk itself?[/QUOTE]

No, that's for freezing type #1.

He's talking about freezing type #2... complete lockup on the system regardless of online or not. It's most likely caused by a malfunctioning piece of hardware as it is random as to which consoles it happens to, though it's most notable in 60GB/20GB's.

And I can vouch that it's not the system itself. My disk with a 60GB freezes constantly while on a 40GB it has only frozen up once in 2 weeks.

I'm having an issue with Sony as well at the moment. My 40" LCD TV got a vertical line in it all of a sudden weekend before last. Called Sony. They came to pick it up and called me the next day. Cost to repair US$875. The TV cost me almost $3000 and is less than 16 months old, but out of warranty. I told them that no way would I be paying that much as this is obviously a defect. Girl told me she'd talk to her supervisor. She did and called me back 2 hrs later. "Sony is willing to help", new cost $335. Told them that that is still too much and that I think that Sony should cover this completely. She replied saying she'd contact head-office. Supposed to hear back from her today.

Anyway, moral of this story, stand your ground if you think you have a good case.

Mo

Dorian_D

Superior Member
Oct 26, 2007
Report this issue to rockstar then they will post all your info to sony. That's how you get the free exchange. My ps3 should be back with in the next few days. Email rockstar, call rockstar and they will ask about the info of your ps3 (serial numbers etc...). As soon as they have all of that, they will it pass it on to Sony. Give that a shot!

Twiztid

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2007
[QUOTE="dogg2k78, post: 0]I just called Sony about my Ps3 and I am Pissed!!!!

I have never had problems with Sony Products until today and I am pissed!!!! I called them and told them that GTA4 keeps freezing and I can't play the game. She told me because i reset everything into default setting and the PS3 is out of warranty.

They told me that I would have to pay $150 to have my PS3 fixed what kinda of BS is that the machine works with everything else except for GTA4.

Does Anyone have any advice for me.[/quote]

So you're pissed at Sony, because Rockstar couldn't program a game that would work on all PS3's?

coolguy

Ultimate Veteran
May 24, 2005
long island ny
tell them the console is frezing type 2. and that you hread that they replace the console for free.
and if they tell you that you have to pay tell them ok you will hear from my laywer

Feb 13, 2008
Damn! Most of friends including those with 80gbs have had their PS3's sent for repair due to GTA4, it froze and nothing worked on them again! This is completely rock stars problem, I think they focused to much coding on the 360 version and dint bother to try hard enough on the PS3!

SONY brought rockstar their success in PS2 and PS1 aswell as PSP, least they could have done is ensure a decent game millions of fans have waited for!

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="dogg2k78, post: 0]I just called Sony about my Ps3 and I am Pissed!!!!

Does Anyone have any advice for me.[/quote]

yes i have advice for you.. buy a warranty.

loko08

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2007
i laughed so hard with this thread... not about your problems men, i hope you can get it fixed, but about the other responses... lol get a supervisor... lol cover the whole thing hahahaha... i can assure you, youre not doing anything if you are doing that... you need to be polite with the agent and he will try to help you, if you are rude or an ahole, you wont get anything... trust me on this one...

B

burgniel

Yeah, call Sony (1 800 345 7669)
Tell them you purchased GTA4 and can not get by the first cut scene.

Tell them you see online that Sony has found the solution to the problem and ask what it is.

They will look it up on their computer and read you a whole speal on how they appologize and bla bla bla and then they say they can replace your PS3 with a factory certified refurbished unit.

If you do not get that whole presentaation read to you regarding GTA4 freezing it means you are talking to someone that is not doing their job. Ask for a supervisor and tell them what you learned online.

If you need to I can give you my sevice number so they can look it up on their computers to verify... just PM me if they still don't let you exchange it for free. (They even pay postage)