PixelJunk Eden Level 7 turned my world upside down!!?

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
I guess if you haven't got round to playing level 7 yet, that title might no mean much to you. It could also be a spoiler
to some degree. So In the spirit of things, clear off if you get spoiled by things!

Anyhow, as stated in the PSU review, this game has some tricks up its sleeve. I mean the game just keeps chucking
out more surprises. The game has knocked me out. It's a brilliant idea and has added a whole new level of difficulty.
I just opened all seeds a minute ago and finished acquiring the last spectra. I'm playing through each level to all seeds
trophy completion and gathering all spectra. And to be honest, I wonder how much of this level, was luck for me.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0zNGLU2foIk"]Gravity change 1minute.[/ame]

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3_7F5q0yqFM&feature=related"]Look at it go![/ame]

So this little ******* comes along. You're thinking to yourself, I'm going get you you son of a *****. And sure enough, just
like the guy in this video. You zip through him like a hot penguin through milk. Next thing you know, your falling a brand
new direction. S o B. Who else was greatly surprised by this? I'll tell you what though, this is one of my favorite games
now. I love the sixaxis control. I take great satisfaction in bombing through all those spores.

With gardens 8, 9 and 10 left, I'm excited and giddy as a school girl to see what comes next. The game is class. If you
don't own it and you have watched through that youtube clip, go buy it. It's truly a great little PSN title.

Also, what gardens music is your favorites. So what is it eh? I love 8 as at one point, I though the sound had broken, just
to find it's part of the song or whatever they are. What would your personal rating be if you had too as well? I'd give Eden
a 9/10.

TopGunZ

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2007
The game is AAA. It has the most inspired presentation (grfx and music), the most addictive gameplay and it is CHALLENGING!!! Probably thebest thing you can buy with less than 10 euros!

I am at 47% on the trophies, just got back from vacation (Greek islands are a must, just stay away from the ones with drunken british teen tourists) and can't wait to 100% it!

TopGunZ

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2007
Unfortunately I haven't found a way. And if I remember correctly there's a level whith 70something seeds, so there goes counting them out the window....

DeanoIV

Forum Elder
Jul 24, 2007
PJE is a great game but it's one of those games which requires you to be spot on till the very last moment then throws surprises at you and can make all your hard work collapse in a second resulting in you wanting to snap your controller in half. But for some reason it keeps calling you back and on you go.. stress after stress then you finally make it.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
This game messes with you when you've been up all night drinking and wake up with a hang over, this level in particular.

Aug 14, 2008
[QUOTE="Nuvian, post: 0]This is a bit offtopic but is there a way to see how many seeds your missing when your in a garden?[/quote]
don't know about that but you get the trophy the second you open all the seeds

Mar 24, 2008
This game is about a 9 outta 10 so far for me. Definitely one of the best mini titles available on the PSN. I just reached the 7th level earlier this week and man, I did not see that shyt coming. Makes me pretty curious as to what more surprises are in store for the final 3 levels.

HaTriX

Elite Guru
Sep 26, 2007
The first video was funny as hell. One second his getting knocked down then it starts going right and he just flies so far right.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="Nuvian, post: 0]This is a bit offtopic but is there a way to see how many seeds your missing when your in a garden?[/quote]

That is definitely a must. It's a pain in the but. Garden 7 has forty something in and I was lucky to have got them all.

TopGunZ said:
I am at 47% on the trophies
S'what I'm on too. Just not enough time to play!

The game is AAA. It has the most inspired presentation (grfx and music), the most addictive gameplay and it is CHALLENGING!!! Probably thebest thing you can buy with less than 10 euros!
Bang for buck it's cheap. Lots to do with those trophies as well. Finish a garden without wasting any pollen?! **** me.
I didn't read that properly and thought you only had to ge one spectra and that was hard enough.

The music gets better as it progresses. I like that. It makes it feel more intense when the oscilator is right down and
you're only hope is getting a 5 spore combo. The relief of pulling that off twice in a row is unmatched. Especially when
you are down to your fifth spectra.

Tyrien said:
This game messes with you when you've been up all night drinking and wake up with a hang over, this level in particular.
I don't smoke, but I doubt that'd help either. It's a trippy *** game.

HalfOfZero said:
Watching that video makes me feel like I've just droped some raw Acid into a fresh cut in my wrist.
In otherwords- It really ****s with my head!!! D: I'll pass.
If you get a chance, definitely play Garden 7 though. At a friends house or whatever. Get used to the controls and be
prepared to be ****ed over again and again. My tip would be to stay away from the centre. The gravity shift thing hangs
around there most.

Rekmon

Elite Member
Mar 7, 2008
I tried PJE out today, I must say I am impressed. Solid gameplay, no story to get in the way, great visuals and cool background tunes. Me and my buddy were rolling on the two player mode and it's excellent, I particularly like how you can jump out on some silk and grab the other player... useful if your friend misses a jump and you're close enough to stop them from falling off screen.

I'd say for a psn game I'd give it 9/10.

Aug 5, 2008
Anyone here who has the heart to gameshare pixeljunk eden with me, I would be forever grateful to you. I cannot buy it myself or else I would have...
please if you don't mind doing a PSN game share with me, please send me a message on PSN.

RapidSpark