Plans this summer?

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
So, does anybody have any plans for this summer? ... something to look forward too?

This actually is my last year in school, so I'm looking forward graduating for my bachelor degree this summer.

After that, I'm going on a 2 week vacation trip to 'Samos', one of the many beautiful islands of 'Greece'.

A week after that I'm taking my GF to Stockholm for a few days. It will be our first time going to Sweden. ^_^

Oct 30, 2005
[QUOTE="Tobian, post: 0]So, does anybody have any plans for this summer? ... something to look forward too?

This actually is my last year in school, so I'm looking forward graduating for my bachelor degree this summer.

After that, I'm going on a 2 week vacation trip to 'Samos', one of the many beautiful islands of 'Greece'.

A week after that I'm taking my GF to Stockholm for a few days. It will be our first time going to Sweden. ^_^[/quote]

I'll be working in London for most of the summer but I do have several music festivals lined up, a trip to Thailand to visit friends and a possible week spent in Munich for the Oktober fest.

I've heard Samos is really pretty, and far less commercial than many of the other islands. I've been to Cyprus, Kos, Zakynthos and Corfu, loved the culture, the climate and the food.

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
[QUOTE="MiNiMaL_sAnItY, post: 0]Im just gonna be sleeping all day and night like last summer.[/quote]

Well MS, at least you aren't losing any sleep over it. :lol:

[QUOTE="Voice Of A Riot, post: 0]I'll be working in London for most of the summer but I do have several music festivals lined up, a trip to Thailand to visit friends and a possible week spent in Munich for the Oktober fest.

I've heard Samos is really pretty, and far less commercial than many of the other islands. I've been to Cyprus, Kos, Zakynthos and Corfu, loved the culture, the climate and the food.[/quote]

I really wanted to visit Greece again after seeing Rhodos a few years back. Cyprus, Corfu or Zakynthos were all options, in the end we decided on Samos because it's less commercial like you say.

Thailand would be great if I had the money. Who knows, maybe next year. :D

How's that internship coming by the way?

[QUOTE="Ishimaru Kaito, post: 0]in mid august i'm going to vegas and then cali YAYAYAYAYAYAY[/quote]

Vegas sound nice. Never been there though. ^_^

Oct 30, 2005
The less commercial the better I think, you want to immerse yourselves in the culture. I can't stand it when I travel abroad and see Brits drinking in mock British pubs.

I'll be attending a lot of interviews for my internship this year, one being IBM, but application rates are high so I'm not banking on getting that position.

Sep 2, 2006
I might work in a library...

Now with work and that bull**** aside, I plan on doing two things

1) LOTS-O-LANS
2) Working out (exercise is gooooood)

On August 15th, I head out to Tuscon, Arizona, where I will start my 1st year of college at the University of Arizona! :D

I am so stoked for college! WOOO!!!!

Cyrann

Master Guru
Oct 2, 2006
I'm going on a cruise to:

San Juan Puerto Rico
St. Thomas
St. Marten

On the largest cruise ship in the world!

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="Tobian, post: 0]Well MS, at least you aren't losing any sleep over it. :lol:

I really wanted to visit Greece again after seeing Rhodos a few years back. Cyprus, Corfu or Zakynthos were all options, in the end we decided on Samos because it's less commercial like you say.

Thailand would be great if I had the money. Who knows, maybe next year. :D

How's that internship coming by the way?

Vegas sound nice. Never been there though. ^_^[/quote]
I was at Corfu last year and it wasn't really "commercialy". Nature + Culture are beautiful there and it really is a private place. I've only passed Samos when we had a boattrip in Turkey.

[QUOTE="Voice Of A Riot, post: 0]The less commercial the better I think, you want to immerse yourselves in the culture. I can't stand it when I travel abroad and see Brits drinking in mock British pubs.

I'll be attending a lot of interviews for my internship this year, one being IBM, but application rates are high so I'm not banking on getting that position.[/quote]There was a separate small town for british bachelors,lol.

Anyways at the end of June i'll go to Spain with some of my friends, after that..whatever happens.

kingsam

Super Elite
Sep 1, 2006
Working, going to New York, gatecrashing, and being invited to, lots of house parties, hanging around eating and pissing about, going to a mass amount of gigs.

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
Summer holiday is not gonna start in another 6 weeks, but once over i will be going to a trip to sweden. After that probably be with my friendorooozzz..

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
Well, I might be taking a road trip to Duluth (Nice city about 4 hours from where I live) with some friends, unless something else happens, and if I get my corvette early, I will only have to pray that.. Well.. I don't know, I'm not fitting 3+ people in a Vette, lol. And all of my other friends are lazy as hell, and don't even have licenses yet! (don't think this is an age thing, every single person who is potencially going should have had their licenses a while ago..)

P

Pr0LiFiX

My plans including starting work at Culver's on the 9th of June.

Then I have to go to summer school, three weeks after school ends.

I will also not be on the forums, because I will be to busy enjoying the sunshine. :wink:

My plan is to reach 7,000 posts by the time June 8th rolls around. :lol:

P

Pr0LiFiX

[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]My plans include getting a job after school lol :p.[/quote]
LOL! You waited until now? :lol:

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
[QUOTE="Pr0LiFiX, post: 0]LOL! You waited until now? :lol:[/quote]

Why not wait until now..? It makes life less stressful to not have school + a job I knew somebody who went to school (the standard 6 hours or whatever a day) and had a FULL TIME job at the SAME TIME (8 hours a day) 14 out of 24 hours of pure work CANNOT be good on the health of an 18 year old, even doctors don't hit those horrible hours until they are 24+..

His hours were as follows:

school 7:50-2:20, work 4:00-12:00, the in-between time was when he went home to change/eat, he went home only to eat and sleep, and did horrible in school because of it, this guy was in one of my social studies classes senior year. (can't remember the name o fthe class)

P

Pr0LiFiX

Well, the average teenager wants to work, that's what I mean.

Some kids are able to do schoolwork, participate in sports, and work a couple hours a day.

Getting a job in the summer is hard, which is why it's better to start getting one when winter ends.

Look at me; I ended up working at Culver's. :wink:

Besides, college kids have a better chance of getting a part-time job than a school kid.

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
Time to come clean, I've never had a job in my life.. But I don't think getting a job will be that hard, unless looking for the dream job, lol. (I'm thinking about applying for security at the MOA or Vallyfair personally)

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
Well I am going to Europe with my folks and will be gong to Poland, Italy, France, and some other places. If I see anyone from here their holla back. ^_^

P

Pr0LiFiX

[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]Well I am going to Europe with my folks and will be gong to Poland, Italy, France, and some other places. If I see anyone from here their holla back. ^_^[/quote]
OMFG, Uncool!

My girly-friend is going to Europe, this summer. :lol:

Lord Arklon

Forum Elder
Sep 5, 2006
I'm pretty much gonna be working on my dancing. Taking salsa lessons twice a week for as long as I can, hope to be at an intermediate level by the end of the summer.

P

Pr0LiFiX

[QUOTE="Lord Arklon, post: 0]I'm pretty much gonna be working on my dancing. Taking salsa lessons twice a week for as long as I can, hope to be at an intermediate level by the end of the summer.[/quote]
0.o

I didn't know that some people take salsa lessons.

P

Pr0LiFiX

[QUOTE="Carsonal, post: 1484294]Sitting in a hot dark room waiting for it to be cold again.[/quote]
You could always move to Alaska.

P

Pr0LiFiX

[QUOTE="Panda Bear Shenyu, post: 0]I'll be taking tips from customers all summer as a waiter[/quote]
Pft...lucky you!

I'll be sweating in the loud-ass kitchen of Culver's. :lol: