Players tracking me down?

Oct 4, 2013
When I was online GTA 5 some guy messaged me and said im coming after you. about 1 minute later some car pulls up with two guys in it shooting at me. I killed both of them and took off. My question is how did they track me down?

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
You can track any player down online. I don't like how peoples sole purpose on this game is to annoy other people. I wish I could always play with people who are just doing there own thing beating missions helping each other, but unfortunately a far majority of the GTA online population are complete wanks. Oh well.

They track you down using the same method you would use when you set a marker for a mission or whatever.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Good thing that asshole system is in play, in case someone constantly fucks with you, they get a label and every player online knows what they did so they can avoid them.

What I find more alarming is that this person went all the way to PM you that he was gonna kill you. That's beyond being a piece of shit troll and a threat. I would let the police knows if this continues too long. But if it continues with the PM's.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
This is why I prefer invite only or friends only sessions.

R* really needs the ability to block people, because there will be people like the one you mentioned whose sole mission is to be a jerk to other people.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 6215505]You can track any player down online. I don't like how peoples sole purpose on this game is to annoy other people. I wish I could always play with people who are just doing there own thing beating missions helping each other, but unfortunately a far majority of the GTA online population are complete wanks. Oh well.
[/QUOTE]

This guy comes to mind.

Rockstar pretty much made the average asshole gamer. lol

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Was in a clothing store to buy some shirts, I got shot and logged off!

It's not that I didn't see the asshole, I walked by him I should have just shot him seing as how he was pointing his gun at me lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

atomicnuke

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2013
Michigan
Not sure if I like how everyone is shown on the map. It'd make more sense if only people in a mission together can see each other or anyone that is attacking you. If someone does decide to keep going after you, you can't even hide really like you can from the cops.

Surebrec

Forum Elder
Jan 2, 2008
Manchester. England
surebrec.co.uk
[QUOTE="atomicnuke, post: 6216119]Not sure if I like how everyone is shown on the map. It'd make more sense if only people in a mission together can see each other or anyone that is attacking you. If someone does decide to keep going after you, you can't even hide really like you can from the cops.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing myself, there should at least be an opt-out option, to either remove you completely, or limit it to showing you to people when you are within their line of sight.

crews and people sharing a task of course, should be exempt for the obvious reasons.

the only time you should pop up on someones radar, is when you fire a weapon within earshot.

it would make it easier to deal with when a contract is put out on you. rather than show you as a red dot, just show the general area where you are, that way, you stand a better chance of evading it.

as it is right now, the contract placed on a player is too heavily balanced against him/her.

Last edited: