Playstation 4 'Release Plans' Confirmed for Gamescom 2013

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
laystation 4 release plans will be revealed at Sony’s Gamescom conference next week. In a recent post on Sony’s UK website they had this to say, “We’ll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.” From The information i have just quoted that all but confirms a release date or release schedule will be revealed at sony’s conference next week in german.

Ill be the first to say lets hope its as early as possible and they keep to there worldwide release date plans they announced back at E3. Everyone in Europe and other areas shouldn’t wait an extra few moths for there net generation console.

Sony’s Gamescom conference will get underway at 6PM BST, 1PM EST, 10AM PST and will be streamed live on DLB-network via the Live Events page.
Source

Whats your guess on release date?

Last edited:

Justin

Elite Member
Jun 5, 2005
Canada
November is the sweet spot. That is when holiday shopping truly starts to increase, opposed to December when every then realizes they spent way to much on pointless crap as gifts.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[video=youtube_share;gfwEYPkDkKw]http://youtu.be/gfwEYPkDkKw[/video]

Got my PS4 paid in full. Let's DO THIS!

chriharr

Apprentice
Jun 9, 2011
GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
[QUOTE="jrp0024, post: 6180728]November 16! It would be exactly 20 years since SCE was founded.[/QUOTE]

Possible but I doubt sony would care about one division that's been making them at a loss for almost 7 years now

So next wednesday at 11am ACST I should know the PS4 release date hopefully they talk about worldwide plans for the launch window.

daLa

Veteran
May 22, 2006
www.myspace.com
I knew they would reveal the release date at Gamescom, not because I had insider info or anything but just figured they had to reveal it already, and will also be some day November like I had already said somewhere between 1-16.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6180855]Those were the golden years in gaming, when the market wasn't dominated by shooters.[/QUOTE]

Nah. The real golden years were the snes/megadrive era. Such variety in games, and some real classics...ps1 period took all those gamers and made gaming so much richer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dc writer

Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Sony rep steps on stage to confirm rekease date "Ladies and gentlemen... August 21st!!"

One can dream...

My guess is mid October in time for Canadian thanksgiving holiday! :p

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="dc writer, post: 6180881]Sony rep steps on stage to confirm rekease date "Ladies and gentlemen... August 21st!!"

One can dream...

My guess is mid October in time for Canadian thanksgiving holiday! :p[/QUOTE]

That would be crazy funny if they did that! Looking back, the only Playstation that released in November (in the US at least) was the PS3, the PS2 came out here in October and the PS1 came out in September, so maybe Oct 21st is more realistic than I am thinking!