Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 6180949]October 12th.[/QUOTE]

Honestly if they announced that date I think I'd explode lol

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
I'm going to toss out Nov 16th for shits and giggles. As long as it's before Black Friday I don't really give a rats ass when. I seriously doubt we'll have an Oct release date based on everything we've heard and everything that's been done (increase of pre-order allocations, slip-ups by Jack Tretton mentioning November, implication of at least one game being able to transfer game saves from PS3 to PS4 that are launching at the end of October, ...)

I'd be pleasantly surprised for any earlier release date but I'm very doubtful.

davin_g

Superior Member
Apr 18, 2006
[QUOTE="TAZ427, post: 6181144]I'm going to toss out Nov 16th for shits and giggles. As long as it's before Black Friday I don't really give a rats ass when. I seriously doubt we'll have an Oct release date based on everything we've heard and everything that's been done (increase of pre-order allocations, slip-ups by Jack Tretton mentioning November, implication of at least one game being able to transfer game saves from PS3 to PS4 that are launching at the end of October, ...)

I'd be pleasantly surprised for any earlier release date but I'm very doubtful.[/QUOTE]

I have no knowledge but I would try to release a couple weeks before Black Friday so that their second shipments of consoles (after the launch ones) would be there through that weekend. If your releasing the week of Black Friday then really those consoles are already purchased and you have none for the big sale. If it all possibly I would think Sony would release it as early as possible when they will have the launch consoles ready. That means if they have enough to fill those pre-orders and shipped and there by the end of Oct. you do it. I would imagine we would see a very very late Oct. release or first half of Nov. That would allow a few weeks for Sony to stock up enough consoles to in a few weeks to meet a holiday release...and weekly shipments thereafter.

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="xPSYCHOPATH410x, post: 6181173]I will say October. They will want to sock MS again with a earlier release date.....[/QUOTE]

The more I keep thinking about it the more I bet they do release in October, the only reason the PS3 released in November was because of low yields on the CELL and a shortage on the Blu-ray diodes!

Apr 28, 2005
Maryland
[QUOTE="dc writer, post: 6180881]Sony rep steps on stage to confirm rekease date "Ladies and gentlemen... August 21st!!"

One can dream...

My guess is mid October in time for Canadian thanksgiving holiday! :p[/QUOTE]
Sega pulled that with the Saturn and it backfired. Developers wouldn't be too pleased if Sony made such an announcement.

Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="PhillyPhreak, post: 6181232]Sega pulled that with the Saturn and it backfired. Developers wouldn't be too pleased if Sony made such an announcement.[/QUOTE]

Sega's was a little different, they never really announced it was coming out early, I remember walking into Software Etc. and being like 'WTF?! When the hell did the Saturn come out?'

Jun 28, 2013
[QUOTE="MonkeyClaw, post: 6181274]Sega's was a little different, they never really announced it was coming out early, I remember walking into Software Etc. and being like 'WTF?! When the hell did the Saturn come out?'[/QUOTE]

Hah, Software Etc., I haven't heard that name in forever. Back in the days of the floppy disk games, back when you could negotiate with clerks there and at Electronics Boutique over the worth of a return\trade-in.

Demi_God

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2013
Icy hot of the north
Sony has been very aggressive with the PS4 and I doubt they are only going to release a couple of days before the Xbox. I am sure they will most likely release either towards the end of October. or very beginning of November. Sony has been showing no mercy with the PS4, I don't expect them to lighten up on the release date either.

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Demi_God, post: 6181538]Sony has been very aggressive with the PS4 and I doubt they are only going to release a couple of days before the Xbox. I am sure they will most likely release either towards the end of October. or very beginning of November. Sony has been showing no mercy with the PS4, I don't expect them to lighten up on the release date either.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they have something left to reveal. It seems like they have alrwady played a lot of cards.

Besides more ps4 info, games, I really want some new vita info badly.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
IIRC wasn't the Saturn announced and released in the same week? The PS4 has been announced since February so Sony could really release it anytime they wanted and pull a "releasing next week" at gamescom but it's extremely unlikely.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6181552]IIRC wasn't the Saturn announced and released in the same week? The PS4 has been announced since February so Sony could really release it anytime they wanted and pull a "releasing next week" at gamescom but it's extremely unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Uhm... You're thinking of the US release of the Sega Saturn which had already been on the market in Japan for almost 1yr. Also, this was in the early days of the internet and without people snooping the FCC filings w/ websites, blogs and forums reporting the information out like a wildfire.

This was slightly before the time of mass pre-ordering of systems and having them shipped to your door on day one. Organization and staging is completely different for launches today compared to back then.