Playstation in Professional Gaming

mobbology

Superior Member
Jan 27, 2007
I been checkin gaming news about professional gaming circuits. They are mostly PC and XBOX systems. Is any game on the Playstation thats in the professinal gaming world?? Link anyone??

StateofMind

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2006
Not yet, and probably won't be until the end of the year. I'd think Killzone would be the first possible, followed by Unreal Tournament and Battlefield: Bad Company.

illusionstj

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2005
I would think if anything VF5 would be the first, since it is a very well balanced and timed game. Since DOA4 is one that is professionally played. You'd just have to wait and see really. You planning on becoming a pro gamer?

mobbology

Superior Member
Jan 27, 2007
nah not really. I been following the news in certain circuits. They come out with official games of the tournament, but nothing from Sony comes up.

I think Gran Turismo would make an awesome tournament racing game as well.

Sai

Superior Member
May 20, 2006
PC and xbox games in professional gaming world? haha more like filler western gaming world. true gaming are from japan and japanese developers are more "professional" in my opinion. and if you where to check out japanese article you would see a whole list of different professionally played games.

pro gamers in america play something like halo, pros in japan plays something like tekken. go to japan and you'll see some pros circuits/tournament with playstation title. but most likely japanese pros tournaments are at the arcades.

A

Aleman

As far as I know, most pro gaming = Starcraft, Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament, and Halo.

mobbology

Superior Member
Jan 27, 2007
okay, thats more of a local tournament for Japan if you ask me. What Im talking about is Championship Gaming Series and World Series of Gaming were Pro gamers around the world come and compete. Half the games there are pretty old (Starcraft, Unreal, CS, COD2) and i was surrpised that they are still going strong. But still no PS games.

StateofMind

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2006
I thought you meant PS3. EA has held professional gaming events for Battlefield on the PS2. I think Time Splitters has seen some competition as well.

Here's a video of my clan (P$) playing BF in a $250,000 tourny:

http://www.games.net/video/bts/100320/battlefield-2-tournament/

P$ was from PS2, the other team was from Xbox. The championship game was played on Xbox...Not entirely fair but the game was very close. In case you're wondering, no I wasn't there. I joined the clan last November.

Sai

Superior Member
May 20, 2006
[QUOTE="mobbology, post: 0]okay, thats more of a local tournament for Japan if you ask me. What Im talking about is Championship Gaming Series and World Series of Gaming were Pro gamers around the world come and compete. Half the games there are pretty old (Starcraft, Unreal, CS, COD2) and i was surrpised that they are still going strong. But still no PS games.[/QUOTE]

japan have their own pro tournis... but not around the "world"...

anyways... well maybe because PS games aren't PC type games? apperently all the games in this so called "world series of gaming" is all PC type games and like almost all of them are shooters. it's pretty lame of you ask me. might as well call it "world shooter gaming tourni" since that's all they have. if it's "world pro gaming" then you gotta have a variety of different games and not just shooters. we need pro racer, pro fighter, pro puzzler, pro action, and more other ones and not just shooters... but apperently this world pro tourni runs by some folks who don't care about any other type of games then shooters. and if it's just shooters then PS games is hard to make in the list. i mean "why play resistence when you can play halo?" atleast that's what these folks who run the tournaments will say.

Apr 10, 2007
I've been a "pro" (living of my gaming income) in games like diablo 2, anarchy online, warcraft and counter strike. - On PC though.

All these games are played by millions, why the money in the games are big.

With the PS3 there will be tourneys in games like fifa and vf5. Fifa have always been competitive, and VF5 / DoA / Tekken are all food for the ****.

The asian markets are in control though, since the games they play (starcraft, warcraft and the fighting games) have a higher public interest than the shooters. Since the asians are in front on the technical side as for TVs etc they have several gaming channels only showing computergames.

Let the future show the result, everything else would be guessing.