PlayStation Now (PS Now)

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6447421]It's definitely getting better day by day, but for me it seems unaffordable:([/QUOTE]

I am waiting to see what subscription service they offer but I think it has a lot of potential IF they can get all the games on there!

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
After what we saw, I am sure everyone agrees that this is an amazing service Duff, but price-wise I am not so sure. I can't use it anyway, there is no internet service in here that can handle Now.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6447425]After what we saw, I am sure everyone agrees that this is an amazing service Duff, but price-wise I am not so sure. I can't use it anyway, there is no internet service in here that can handle Now.[/QUOTE]

To be fair I had to travel to my parents house before I could use it as the max I usually get is 1.2mb :(

Thankfully the house I move to later in the year has fast fiber up to 75mb so can take full advantage of the service then!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6447417]I really enjoyed the PS Now beta, definitely a service I shall invest in once it becomes mainstream in the UK![/QUOTE]
Same, been on this loads just recently. Played Uncharted 2 and 3, Dirt 3, Grid 2, Killzone 2 and Just cause 2 to name afew! Even been getting afew trophies that I missed out on when I had my PS3. Plays really well so if the price is right I'll definitely be subscribing.

Really like downloading my old save files from PS+ and carrying on from where I left off years ago!

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
i'm just gonna go ahead and say it. PS Now is shitty. and i'm afraid it'll never be worth it. well...maybe with games that don't require timing but it will never replace actually having the game on your local system...unless they figure out some new way to cut down on the lag. because it's just ridiculous. people think it's not there but it's there.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I did not experience lag while playing. And if people don't see the lag that you insist is there, then there is no problem. PS Now is worth it if these people who subscribe never played the games. Just because it is not worth it to you, does not mean it is that way for others...

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6447754]I did not experience lag while playing. And if people don't see the lag that you insist is there, then there is no problem. PS Now is worth it if these people who subscribe never played the games. Just because it is not worth it to you, does not mean it is that way for others...[/QUOTE]

Hell, I played almost all of them, and I still wish to have Now.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
I didn't experience any lag on the beta either, not that I noticed anyway. In fact overall it seemed pretty smooth

I'll keep an eye on developments until they announce the final UK subscription price but still torn ATM. It was good but how much money / month good? Time will tell......

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I noticed a tiny bit of lag but it wasn't much, and I think it was only because I was playing it on the minimum connection they recommend so should think there is none on a decent connection!

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Games added to PlayStation Now November 2:

Alien Spidy
Alpha Mission II
Anna Extended Edition
ArcaniA: The Complete Tale
Art of Fighting
Asura's Wrath
Atelier Ayesha
Atelier Escha & Logy
Atelier Rorona Plus
The Baconing
Baseball Stars 2
Baseball Stars Professional
Battle Fantasia
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
Bodycount
Capcom Arcade Cabinet: All-in-One-Pack
Cel Damage HD
Choplifter HD
Comet Crash Bionic Bundle
Damnation
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Death Track: Resurrection
Divekick
Double Dragon Neon
Dragon's Lair
Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Ethan: Meteor Hunter
F1 RACE STARS
Fatal Fury
Frogger Returns
Fuel Overdose
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Guilty Gear Xrd –SIGN
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
Hunter's Trophy 2 – America
Ibb & Obb
Jeopardy
Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Karateka
The King of Fighters '94
The King of Fighters '95
The King of Fighters '96
Knytt Underground
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
League Bowling
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Magician Lord
Magrunner: Dark Pulse
Magus
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 9
Mercury HG
Motorcycle Club
MX vs. ATV Alive
MX vs. ATV: Untamed
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Ep. 1
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Ep. 2
PID (Peculiar Destination)
Proteus
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Raiden IV: Overkill
Record of Agarest War 2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Red Faction Battlegrounds
Red Johnson's Chronicles
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Retro/Grade
Samurai Shodown
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Shock Troopers
Sky Fighter
Sniper Ghost Warrior
Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer
Space Ace
Spelunker HD
Starwhal
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Street Fighter 3 Third-Strike Online Edition
Strider
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Sidekicks
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Swarm
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Toybox Turbos
Truck Racer
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Urban Trial FreeStyle
World Heroes
WRC 4: FIA World Rally Championship
Zeno Clash II
Wow wish I could use that service, but with my internet connection, never gonna happpen.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Must admit it's a service I shall take full advantage of once we have moved into the new house with a MUCH better internet connection, I generally feel £12.99 a month for all those games is a good deal!

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
I wanna use this but even with my sky fibre it says my connection is poor....
Only cos I have to piggy back off it so I don't get the full benefit

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6486073]Wow wish I could use that service, but with my internet connection, never gonna happpen.[/QUOTE]
don't worry about it, even with a good connection, it's crap. i don't know why streaming is popular...we're likely never going to reach the speeds where it'd feel like a game that's running locally on the hardware.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6486112]don't worry about it, even with a good connection, it's crap. i don't know why streaming is popular...we're likely never going to reach the speeds where it'd feel like a game that's running locally on the hardware.[/QUOTE]

But instant access to those games anytime you want is a nice thing to have. I can't bear the lag too, but lots of harcore gamers like Lethal and Gaz enjoying the service, shows the Play isn't only for softcore gamers.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6486120]But instant access to those games anytime you want is a nice thing to have. I can't bear the lag too, but lots of harcore gamers like Lethal and Gaz enjoying the service, shows the Play isn't only for softcore gamers.[/QUOTE]
Lethal also doesn't care about 60fps, just saying, try it for yourself but i could not bear the lag. it's constant lag.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6486123]Lethal also doesn't care about 60fps, just saying, try it for yourself but i could not bear the lag. it's constant lag.[/QUOTE]
What is your connection speed? Did u tried a different modem?

In here there is no contract giving you a stable speed over 5 mb/S. So now is out of my reach. But if one day if happens gonna sub it.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
my speed is 15mbps but no speed is going to fix the lag. no connection will be as fast as your local hardware's speed. just think about the fact that even a controller adds lag to the overall picture...i think iirc it's somewhere around 33ms of lag or up to 150ms...not sure. but if you've ever played online games on PC, you'll know that anything outside of 100ms+ is horrid. unplayable. however that's on top of the mouse/kb lag. so all of the input lag + game not being 60fps (are they even 60fps?) + processing lag is the reason why i can't stand it.

what i thought PS Now was, was a streaming service that downloads the game on your console and that Sony emulates the software to play the games on your local hardware. like a streaming rental service. your console doesn't process anything, what you do has to go to their server, then it gets processed then it comes back to you. all of that takes time. i'm not a big fan of streaming when it comes to gaming.