PlayStation VITA -- Are you getting it?

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I'll be getting the Vita, but not on Day One. I've learned that if I wait a year or two I'll get a meal deal instead of getting the launch model which may have problems. I want to get the Vita for $200 bundled with games, memory sticks, etc. So I'll patiently wait because the MGS HD collection will hold me over for a long time. :D

Jun 1, 2011
PlayStation Vita[/URL] official specs:

CPU: ARM Cortex- A9 core (4 core)
GPU: SGX543MP4+
External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection) Screen (Touch Screen): 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx.16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
Rear Touch Pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
Keys / Switches: PS button Power button Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left) Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square) Shoulder buttons (Right/Left) Right stick, Left stick START button, SELECT button Volume buttons (+/-)
Wireless Communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G) IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi)(Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode) Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
I'll get it as soon as I can, but I'm not even going to be in the US Day 1. I doubt it will come to Korea until after I leave, too, so I'll just get one when I get back (plus, I'm still debating whether to get a 3g version or not... I don't like the small bandwidth, but if I can force 3g to turn off when I reach my limit, or AT LEAST closely monitor usage, I may consider it)

S

Stig

There is no way I WON'T be getting one. Glad it won't be out til next year though. I will be broke by Christmas at this rate!!

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
A pointless poll really, could have written out the ratio of results beforehand. I will be getting one, but not until it drops below £150. That puts it in impulse territory for me, and will also ensure a fair number of games (and hacks) available for it.

Feb 15, 2009
www.metalarcade.net
[QUOTE="Graham, post: 5631575]A pointless poll really, could have written out the ratio of results beforehand. I will be getting one, but not until it drops below £150. That puts it in impulse territory for me, and will also ensure a fair number of games (and hacks) available for it.[/QUOTE]

We'll have to see- this system is supposedly going to be harder to hack, since it has much more advanced tech. Since it will have trophies, I'm sure they are doing their best to avoid hacks and piracy, etc.

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
[QUOTE="SolidDrake86, post: 5631666]We'll have to see- this system is supposedly going to be harder to hack, since it has much more advanced tech. Since it will have trophies, I'm sure they are doing their best to avoid hacks and piracy, etc.[/QUOTE]

Well the psp isn't hackable anymore is it? The newer firmware anyways. and the ps3 firmware 3.60 and up isn't hackable either. I personally hope it isn't I was a avid hacker/modder for my handhelds and consoles but now I dont

Feb 15, 2009
www.metalarcade.net
[QUOTE="Rtc, post: 5631757]Well the psp isn't hackable anymore is it? The newer firmware anyways. and the ps3 firmware 3.60 and up isn't hackable either. I personally hope it isn't I was a avid hacker/modder for my handhelds and consoles but now I dont[/QUOTE]

Yeah we'll have to see

D

Dante_m

I shall buy it some months later, may be in May or in September..
But now i am like a cartman in south park, i can't wait... i can't wait!!

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
nintendo's fuckup makes me want to wait a year now. What if sony adds l2, and r2. Judging from IGN's preview, the psvita doesn't seem comfortable to hold. what if they make a sleeker model, one with hdmi output not even a year later? idk, the nintendo situation has me panicking. Never bought a handheld, let alone at release. I'm use to consoles, home consoles staying the same, or losing features, not adding on lol.

[QUOTE="Rtc, post: 5631757]Well the psp isn't hackable anymore is it? The newer firmware anyways. and the ps3 firmware 3.60 and up isn't hackable either. I personally hope it isn't I was a avid hacker/modder for my handhelds and consoles but now I dont[/QUOTE]

Wrong, they are. Hackers just not pursing the options to hack them (because sony was sue-happy)

floetry

Forum Guru
Oct 21, 2006
that's easy to say, but it'll be worthless pretty much, if they make a large implementation. Like with the dual analog sticks. I wonder who was the dumbass that bought a OGplaystation controller when dualshock 1 came out? unless, it was drasticaly cheap. I will probably end up canceling my preorder. Only game I wanted to play was UC anyway.

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
I wont be getting one my reasoning is the following - Love the duel analogue sticks but overall the unit is to big to fit into your pocket at least the PSPGO could fit into my pocket only problem was the controls were turd. I do like the idea of downloads only but what if your internets crap, plus buying memory cards could get expensive. Games - there really doesnt seem that many great games coming out, uncharted is the only one that gets my attention but they could release more in the future i guess.

Im not going to mention the price......

saleenf5

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2007
I'm leaning twords no. My reasoning is I want a portable that is portable, I want to be able slip it in my pocket and go on throughout my day. The gameboy advance sp had the best design IMO. It seems to have alot of games that are based of ps3 titles ( read uncharted) for some playing a portable smaller version didn't sit well with me. An 250 bucks? I'm not cheap but c'mon show me 199

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
[QUOTE="rich2086, post: 5656649]I wont be getting one my reasoning is the following - Love the duel analogue sticks but overall the unit is to big to fit into your pocket at least the PSPGO could fit into my pocket only problem was the controls were turd. I do like the idea of downloads only but what if your internets crap, plus buying memory cards could get expensive. Games - there really doesnt seem that many great games coming out, uncharted is the only one that gets my attention but they could release more in the future i guess.

Im not going to mention the price.....
.[/QUOTE]

Why not?

Rtc

Jun 14, 2011
Ga
[QUOTE="rich2086, post: 5656649]I wont be getting one my reasoning is the following - Love the duel analogue sticks but overall the unit is to big to fit into your pocket at least the PSPGO could fit into my pocket only problem was the controls were turd. I do like the idea of downloads only but what if your internets crap, plus buying memory cards could get expensive. Games - there really doesnt seem that many great games coming out, uncharted is the only one that gets my attention but they could release more in the future i guess.

Im not going to mention the price......[/QUOTE]

The price is perfect amazing was expecting more

Sep 20, 2008
In a world far far away
There's a hole in my wallet, please fix it
There's a hole in my pocket, its the Vita
There's a hole in my wallet, please fix it
There's a hole in my pocket, its the Vita

Honestly I'm getting it because of the PSP games, have to see what I can get for the Vita, memory? and defo not a boring mediorce shooter.... oh god I hope the Vita isn't ruined by the same genre. The RPGs for the PSP as been brilliant, hope there's more on the Vita.

May 27, 2008
Hey guys,

I've been reading around and seeing that a lot of people are thinking about waiting for Sony to come out with a Vita slim rather than buying it on day one. Although I don't agree with them, their argument is that the battery life will be better and the price will be lowered.

I have been in love with the Vita since they announced it and will definitely be picking it up on day one. I already pre-ordered it at Best Buy and I am loving all the news thats been coming up for it lately. It seems like they are going to have an awesome line of launch titles for it as well which gets me even more pumped!

I just wanted to see how many people are going to skip out on day one just because the battery life isn't amazing. I know I won't regret buying it on launch day because I bought my fat PS3 a year before they came out with the slim and i'm so glad I had it for that time. It didn't really bother me that there was a slimmer version that was a bit cheaper, I had a but load of fun playing my PS3 and I think that fun was worth more than the money I would've saved if I waited.

So who's with me and is gonna buy the Sony Playstation Vita on day 1!?

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
hell yes. I got a PS3 on day 1 and although it had its problems, I was still very happy with the purchase and glad to be an early adopter.

Even though its region free I think I'll be waiting for the Australian release date, just so if there is any problems its easier to take back, and all the warranty stuff etc.

But I think I'll import some of the Japanese games that we might not ever see

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I thought there was a thread like this already but I can not find it. So how many of you are getting this bad boy on day 1?

Today I officially pre-ordered my 1st edition bundle and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Counting down the days!!

Last edited: