PlayStation Vita pictures at E3

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Wasib, post: 5576511]
[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's more beautiful. The Vita or the girl.

Dang, I should have went to E3 and used that as a pick-up line. :snicker

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
One thing you realize is how super-oval the design is (no hard points/angles). Sure should be comfortable as a result. The hands-on tests have been, so far, positive about the ergonomics of the device.

The dual-analogue sticks have been praised as well and hands-on tests have indicated it is extremely light (although when the battery is added so will some weight be added). The 5-inch OLED has been praised and I cannot wait to get a look at that. The viewing angle in particular should be very interesting to observe.

Last edited:

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
That thing is gorgeous.

Wasib I think there was a video on gamespot where a Sony exec was showing the PSV and stating to the interviewer to look at the screen from any angle..kinda suggesting viewing angle should be top notch. I know nothing about OLED screens, but hoping it's gonna be great ofc

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5576571]That thing is gorgeous.

Wasib I think there was a video on gamespot where a Sony exec was showing the PSV and stating to the interviewer to look at the screen from any angle..kinda suggesting viewing angle should be top notch. I know nothing about OLED screens, but hoping it's gonna be great ofc[/QUOTE]

Yup - I posted that video in this thread actually. Keeping things short - generally OLED is superior to LCD in terms of viewing angles and even better than Plasma. I had a quick look at some videos on Youtube (two of the best which I have just posted in the PlayStation Vita section) and it seems the screen looks fantastic (very vivid) and the viewing angles are extremely impressive as well as far as I can tell from the videos.

Last edited:
D

DragonMaster225

boy i cant wait for the PS Vita to be released.................a day one buy for me

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5584399]Look at the scratches on the touch pad, should we be worried?

[/QUOTE] It looks like it. The PSV really needs some form of scratch resistance this time around. Applying those silly screen protectors are a pain in the *** that I really don't want to go through again.

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
Id be more intrested in the girl than the PS Vita. :lol: Shes actually pretty hott. Anyway, back on topic, if I liked handhelds I would totally get this but I really don't. I bought a PSP due to the hype and some of the games but I played it for a few months then never played it again. I don't want the same thing to happen this time around so I won't be buying the PS Vita. Besides, tons of other games are coming out later on so if I would buy one id buy it later on when more of a game selection is avaliable.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5584644]It looks like it. The PSV really needs some form of scratch resistance this time around. Applying those silly screen protectors are a pain in the *** that I really don't want to go through again.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, but judgin by that pic - we're screwed. Unles that particular unit has been somewhat...abused. But I doubt it

*Sigh*

mini E

Superior Member
May 7, 2006
USA
*drools* If the screen looks that good in photographs, I can't wait to see it in real life.
I remember back before PSU was PSU there was this video of a guy removing a ps3 from a glass case (with gloves lol) and the video slowed down and operatic music began to play.

Seeing this makes me think of that moment.
Also that famous picture of the girl licking a psp

day one buy. I will just be staring at the box for a couple hours before i even open it xD

[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5577345]The D-pad looks a little different to SONY's usual design, it looks like a full plus instead of only having the edges raised.
I am a little worried it will roll around when playing fighting games.[/QUOTE]

I think it's to make it more robust. In my experience the PSP (at least Phats) had pretty bad D-Pads. The last picture of the engadget link shows it the best. I dont know if you've ever seen the d-pad piece of the playstation controllers but it is one solid piece underneath

On that note, I really wonder how good the shoulder buttons feel

Last edited:

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="mini E, post: 5584832]I think it's to make it more robust. In my experience the PSP (at least Phats) had pretty bad D-Pads. The last picture of the engadget link shows it the best. I dont know if you've ever seen the d-pad piece of the playstation controllers but it is one solid piece underneath

On that note, I really wonder how good the shoulder buttons feel[/QUOTE]

I have seen the inside of a DS3 including the inside and extended use of the phat PSP D-pad. I hope your right.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 5584644]It looks like it. The PSV really needs some form of scratch resistance this time around. Applying those silly screen protectors are a pain in the *** that I really don't want to go through again.[/QUOTE]

But how many people have been messing with it? I'm sure when you get yours you will take care of it so it will be limited on the scratches.

B

Brucethomas

it's gonna be good that this may be the next generation of psp, before rumors of psp2 existence many gamers believe the names of an new psp was called psp2,ngp and had changed into the codename was play station vita that usually completes with the Nintendo 3DS with auto stereoscopic 3D without the use of 3D glasses.

mini E

Superior Member
May 7, 2006
USA
lol i think all those except the first are all ngp photos. By the way, I would rather have had "playstation" on the front than "psvita"