- Mar 27, 2006
PlayStation VR will launch for $399 / 399 Euros / £349 / 44,980 yen in October 2016, Sony Computer Entertainment announced at the Game Developers Conference.
The Playroom VR will be available as a free download to all PlayStation VR owners simultaneously with the launch of the platform.
Here are the hardware’s specifications:
- Display: OLED
- Screen Size: 5.7″
- Resolution: 19720 x RGB x 1080 (960 x RGB x 1080 per eye)
- Refresh Rate: 120 Hz, 90 Hz
- Sensors: 360 Degree Tracking / 9 LEDs
- Field of view: Approximately 100 degrees
- Latency: Less than 18ms
- Controller: DualShock 4 and PlayStation Move
More than 230 developers are building content for PlayStation VR, from smaller independent teams to larger studios such as 2K Games and Ubisoft. Sony is tracking over 50 PlayStation VR titles to be released by the end of 2016, including:
- Eagle Flight (Ubisoft)
- EVE: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
- Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
- Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
- Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (SCE WWS)
- Tumble VR (SCE WWS)
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SCE WWS)
- PlayStation VR Worlds (SCE WWS)
Watch a new set of videos below.
Release Date and Price Announcement
PlayStation VR Features Trailer
PlayStation VR Sizzle Trailer
The PlayRoom VR Trailer
PlayStation VR Worlds Trailer
Tumble VR Trailer
Wow, they matched the price of the PlayStation 4. This could be huge for Sony.