Possible SquareEnix 2009 Lineup *Updated*

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Square-Enix has announced their 2009 line-up of titles. Some of these have not been nailed down for a North American or European release as of yet, but given their track record it is only a matter of time.

The Line-Up:
Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (DS)
Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road II (Arcade)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts Coded (Mobile)
Kingdom Hearts Mobile (Mobie)
Lost Winds (Wii)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS, Wii)
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (Xbox 360)
Blood of Bahamut (DS)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Comple (Blu-ray)
The 3rd Birthday (PSP)
Final Fantasy IV The After (Mobile)
Dragon Quest Battle Road Mobile (Mobile)
Romancing SaGa (Mobile)
Crystal Defenders (iPhone 3G/iPhone Touch)
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)
Mahou no Ehon: Majo to Shoujo to 5-Jin no Yuusha (DS)
The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon - Tokiwasure no Meikyuu DS+ (DS)
Pingu no Waku Waku Carnival! (DS)
Snoopy DS: Snoopy to Chuugen Taichi ni Ei ni Iku! (DS)
http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/2820/Square_Enix_Announces_their_2009_Line-Up.html

Surprised to see FF Versus XIII in the list...so there is hope the game will release in 09. Also, where is Last Remnant PS3 version?

PSP gets cool games imo.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
FFXIII is comming out in 2009, that is not new, but Versus comming out in 09 aswell is major imo.

Too bad this is probably Japan only, dont you think?

dhav211

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2007
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 0]FFXIII is there to.

That is the new one right? Im not good at the FF series. I thought that wasent coming out in 09?[/quote]

Probably not in NA or EU. I got some feeling Japan is gonna hold on to that one for awhile.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Well, it´s the official line up, SE knows better than we do so i guess we shall see.

FFversus XIII on the PS3 lineup for 09 is cake though.

Scape

Forum Elder
Nov 7, 2007
that XIII is just for Japan, i doubt we will see it in 2009. Versus as well.

they got Last Remnant for the 360 but that is allready out, wonder if thats a typo and it is suppose to be the PS3 version.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Nunalho, post: 0]FFXIII is comming out in 2009, that is not new, but Versus comming out in 09 aswell is major imo.

Too bad this is probably Japan only, dont you think?[/quote]

Doesn't mention the 360 version of FFXIII so this will most likely only be Japan.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
FFXIII and FFVXIII?

I seriously doubt both of those will make it out. If they do i will sing "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and put it on YouTube.

lathiaran

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2008
Ohh, next year I'm going to be poor very, very poor... There are so many games I want to buy :oops:

FF13 versus next year? I think I'm going to die of happyness!!
Why does it say LR on 360? Isn't that already released??
I think it's a typo as Scape just said, since Ps3 version do not appear in that list :)

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 0]Doesn't mention the 360 version of FFXIII so this will most likely only be Japan.[/quote]

That is exactly what I was thinking. in which case that would make perfect sense. Still, im amazed that they expect Vs XIII to come out. Still, I don't know how they are going to pull it off, but hey, we never know. My vote goes that Vs only comes out in Japan in 2009, and that it will appear in the states in 2010.
-FatesServant

Feb 2, 2007
[QUOTE="BakaMaster, post: 0]To many handheld games.....[/quote]

Yes, and have you seen how popular these are in Japan? You cant walk 5 feet without seeing one in somebodies hand. Less Development cost, larger install base. It isnt very hard to see why companies such as SE want to capitalize on this market.

E

electricmine

Looking forward to FFXIII and FFXIII Versus.

If these games turn out to be awesome, my respect for Square will come back a little.

Dec 1, 2008
meh i do hope they get it done for 09 but yeah probably not likely with them wanting to make it for 360 and be realeased at same time which means we haz probably got to wait

Typical guy

Super Elite
Oct 11, 2006
That list seems suspect since The Last Remnant is already out on the Xbox 360 and it's still 2008. Also, SE announced a while back that they would reduce the number of employees on FF13 Vs and move them to FF13 until it's done. That tells me that FF13 Vs will not be out next year. Also, this appears to be a Japan only list as FF13 on the Xbox 360 is not listed.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
[QUOTE="Gohan, post: 0]LOL. You boys don't have the guts to that sort of thing.[/quote]

Trust me, Gohan, I would :lol:

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
I call BS on that list. I bet all this is only for Japan at the most. I don't expect to see Final Fantasy XIII in the US and Pal territories until late 2010 and I don't expect to see Final Fantasy Versus XIII until 2011. Really, it's all vaporware as far as I'm concerned.:suspect:

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
Seriously, if everything on there comes out next year then.... god damn you S-E :lol:

1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
2. Final Fantasy XIII
3. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
4. Final Fantasy Agito XIII
5. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete
6. The 3rd Birthday
7. Dissidia Final Fantasy

However, Japan will get everything before we do.... dammit! :lol:

Sep 1, 2006
So-Cal
Final Fantasy Versus XIII[/URL] being put on the back burner. The company has gone out with a statement on the hot topic: "Reports that development for Final Fantasy Versus XIII is on hold are false. The truth of the situation is that when free, some staff from the Versus team have been helping with the XIII team on development of Final Fantasy XIII. Development for both titles is continuing as originally scheduled."
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/19/square-enix-says-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-not-on-hold/

Sep 1, 2006
So-Cal
[QUOTE="red shoe paul, post: 0]Vs. XIII will be delayed. Watch.[/quote]

Versus doesnt even have a "release date"
(i wouldnt count this list as official just yet)

so theres no way for it to be "delayed"

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Morganator, post: 0]I call BS on that list. I bet all this is only for Japan at the most. I don't expect to see Final Fantasy XIII in the US and Pal territories until late 2010 and I don't expect to see Final Fantasy Versus XIII until 2011. Really, it's all vaporware as far as I'm concerned.:suspect:[/quote]

You're going to be pleasantly surprised.

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
Hmmm someone recently put a list of the time span between past FF games i think it was Ixion but it takes less than a year to localize them now im not sure how long porting takes but I think we can count on seeing XIII some time during the Holiday season Next Year Fall 09 if we are EXTREMELY lucky and VsXIII might come out in Japan around the same time WE get XIII

Sieghardt

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
Aug 19, 2008
Well apparantly the list is a lie

*Official Notice of Correction
Hi all, GamingShogun here. It would appear that I need to make a super-admin edit and correction to this story. Apparently, in the midst of the posting excitement today along with an oversight from the on-duty editor at the time, this story was allowed to be published as a matter of factual record. I have checked the list out as well as the original poster's source and must make an official correction to the nature of this article. This list composes the likely 2009 line-up of Square-Enix titles. There was no official announcement from Square-Enix short of their official first quarter of 2009 release list and their previous per game press releases, the games of which this list does include.

In addition, some of the games in this list do not display all of the consoles they will be released upon next to their title. This is because the poster put this list together from what is most likely to be released in 2009 (in Japan or otherwise). Hence, while we all know Final Fantasy XIII will eventually be available on the Xbox 360, the list proposes that it will only be available on the PS3 in 2009 (and most likely in Japan). I have dealt personally with the daytime editor and wanted to make this formal and public apology to our readers. We strive for truthful stories based on fact unless otherwise explicitly stated as rumor or dramatization. When we mess up, we admit it - we owe you that.

I apologize to Square-Enix and, most importantly, our readership for this misleading article.
-GamingShogun

:(