Power/Rangers - Gritty version

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[video=youtube;vw5vcUPyL90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90[/video]

Call of Duty meets my childhood. Seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews. To me it wasn't 'awesome' and it wasn't 'bad' either. Guess I would have to see more. lol

It just seems out of place and doesn't fit Power Rangers to me. I can't see them going in a dark and gritty way since that's never been what the show was about. It just seems off. And too many people where getting their heads blown off. Just was losing me lol

Last edited:

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6425593]I lost interest half way through. Didn't finish it. I know they're going for a different spin on it but this doesn't fit at all. It's kind of lame actually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Tommy has that future war John Connor look to him and the shot of him drinking as the ship flew overhead was cool but those are the only nice things that I have to say about it.

I think it'd be cool to see a serious Power Rangers movie but it should be fun to watch e.g. Pacific Rim. This was more like Judge Dredd or Robocop.

robvandam111

Master Poster
Mar 11, 2010
Miami, Fl
The beginning was actually cool. The whole guns thing though was definitely out of place. It'd have been better if it were the Puddies, I think that's what they were called? The minions is what I'm trying to say. They could have been used them making the Rangers struggle in that environment of war. The Megazord action before the climax started was to me the best part of that video. The idea of the machines taking over was cool but last time I checked Mighty Morphin weren't capable taking down the machines empire. Hence, ZEO.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
I liked the futuristic environments and the black ranger fight scene. The film didn't click for me as a whole though. But it was funny to see something like this, which was their intention.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
I really enjoyed that, but mainly because I'm a sci-fi whore, not necessarily because of the power rangers element.

[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6425708]I liked the futuristic environments and the black ranger fight scene. The film didn't click for me as a whole though. But it was funny to see something like this, which was their intention.[/QUOTE]

That was the part I least liked, of course this wasn't a big budget film, if it was choreographed and acted more fluidly - like it would be if it was a proper film then it would have been okay. Not the helmet part though, that was just lameface.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6425732]That was the part I least liked, of course this wasn't a big budget film, if it was choreographed and acted more fluidly - like it would be if it was a proper film then it would have been okay. Not the helmet part though, that was just lameface.[/QUOTE]

What was wrong with the choreography?

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6425922]It felt a bit by the numbers for me, but it might be more the lack of fluidity that made it seem that way.[/QUOTE]

I thought there was a nice contract between the asian dude's fluidity and the black ranger's more blunt style of fighting. I thought it felt pretty natural.

RedDragon7

Elite Sage
Jan 29, 2007
I thought it was great, and I actually like how they took Power Rangers to a level most wouldn't feel comfortable doing... it was a refreshing risk IMO.