Problem with 360. Now with pics

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
This one is a little complicated to explain, but it started when I played the Call Of Juarez demo. It's the graphics that were... well, full of small dots or something like that, they weren't on the whole screen just random places, and sometimes I could see them though other stuff. Like the sun was mostly just the dots, and when I walked inside a house the dots would still be on the screen (If I was looking at the suns direction)
I immediately though what a crap game, how could they make a game with such awfull graphics, I also thought it could have been the demo. So I stopped playing it, and in the 360 menu, there was nothing, it all looked perfect.
I then played Bioshock, and to my great surprise it was there again, dots all over the place, and I could see Big Daddy's through the walls..

Have anyone tried this before, or know why it happens, and maybe if I'm a little lucky, knows the solution to it?

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
[QUOTE="rikwakefield, post: 0]It sounds like a component is on its way out. Does it happen all the time or only when the console is hot?[/QUOTE]

I turned on the console for the first time today, played the demo and then it happened, so the console hasn't been hot at all.

I don't think it's the cable, since there isn't anything wrong when I'm in the 360 menu, and neither when I play UNO. It better not be the cable, the first one was broke before I even used it.

...When I think about it, it better be the cable and not the console.

Oct 24, 2006
[QUOTE="Redman_DK, post: 0]I turned on the console for the first time today, played the demo and then it happened, so the console hasn't been hot at all.

I don't think it's the cable, since there isn't anything wrong when I'm in the 360 menu, and neither when I play UNO. It better not be the cable, the first one was broke before I even used it.

...When I think about it, it better be the cable and not the console.[/quote]
The fact that you could see through the wall and see the Big Daddy behind it leads me to believe it isn't the cable.

imElite

Elite Member
Mar 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Nucleus, post: 0]Looks like that "less than 5% failure rate" lie is about to go up even more.[/quote]
Uncalled for man. It can be a number of things. Who cares if it RROD? We knows its a problem, I am sure everyone believes its well over 5% but its not needed to hear those comments.

To OP, try other games, dl demos etc, and see what happens. If it continues, try calling MSFT, or wherever you got ur 360.

ian

Superior Member
Sep 19, 2006
As imElite says try another game.
If it does the same thing and the console is less than a year old take it back to your dealer for an exchange.
If it is over a year ring microsoft.

Nucleus

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2005
Las Vegas
[QUOTE="imElite, post: 0]Uncalled for man. It can be a number of things. Who cares if it RROD? We knows its a problem, I am sure everyone believes its well over 5% but its not needed to hear those comments.

To OP, try other games, dl demos etc, and see what happens. If it continues, try calling MSFT, or wherever you got ur 360.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I hit a sore spot but every chance I get I like to bring attention to all the lies we are being fed by Microsoft and Sony.

Back on topic, I would have to say there is something with the Videocard, or your display. I would try it in 480i first then work my way up to 1080p. If that doesnt work, switch TVs and as a last resort, call M$.

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
Just played Bioshock again, and now it isn't there anymore:-?
Don't really know why it happened, but as long as I didn't need to call MS I'm happy.

Thanks for the responses though.

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
Sorry for double posting but the problem came back...

I took some pics of it this time, so you could see it;

Bioshock:

Gears Of War:

Call Of Duty 2:

S

Sockpuppet

[QUOTE="Jabjabs, post: 0]Yep that's a GPU problem right there, send it in for repairs/replacement since there is no fix for that.[/quote]

He may not be in warranty though, which is the problem.

The fact this happens intermittently suggests to me it is the GPU coming away from the motherboard. He may have to run it into the ground before it's covered by the RROD 3 yr warranty.

Strung Out

Elite Member
Aug 15, 2007
if you are fine with a warranty I would just cook the thing and send it in. If you don't have one for whatever reason, there are probably a few involved things you can do to help yourself out, like replacing the x-clamps etc.

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Sockpuppet, post: 0]He may not be in warranty though, which is the problem.

The fact this happens intermittently suggests to me it is the GPU coming away from the motherboard. He may have to run it into the ground before it's covered by the RROD 3 yr warranty.[/QUOTE]

I still have a store warranty that is on 2 years, well not really a warranty but I don't know what it's called on english.

And CRAP! Why did this just have to happen right after I bought Bioshock... Now I'm gonna have to call MS's crappy phone service, They're so **** stupid that it hurts.

Thanks for the answers, even though they didn't make me happy.

S

Sockpuppet

Store warranty that is on 2 years? Is it an in store warranty with a swap over or does it involve a store using a third party insurance party who will pay for it to go to Microsoft?

If you can do an in store it wouldn't be a problem but it sounds like the latter of the afforementioned where stores use an outside insurance to cover after manufacture warranty costs.

Either way it's a **** of a thing but look on the bright side, you've just received your Xbox360 Initiation. You are now a fully fledged member of Xbox360 ownership.

Congrats!!!

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
[QUOTE="Sockpuppet, post: 0]Store warranty that is on 2 years? Is it an in store warranty with a swap over or does it involve a store using a third party insurance party who will pay for it to go to Microsoft?

If you can do an in store it wouldn't be a problem but it sounds like the latter of the afforementioned where stores use an outside insurance to cover after manufacture warranty costs.

Either way it's a **** of a thing but look on the bright side, you've just received your Xbox360 Initiation. You are now a fully fledged member of Xbox360 ownership.

Congrats!!![/QUOTE]

It's a law in Denmark, if the product you bought gets broken before two years you have the rights for a repair of it. The third time it brakes you have the rights for a refund or whole new one. The only problem with the 360 is, if I go to the store, they will send it into MS too, and I'll have to wait even longer than if I did it myself.

And hurray for me being a fully fledged 360 owner... I think:p

S

Sockpuppet

Hey I like Denmarks law.

Australia has a law where manufacturers must offer at least a 1yr warranty but the Danish one seems to be pretty on the ball.

Tetsu

Forum Guru
May 6, 2006
Just to piggyback on Redman's thread, I have the joy (grr) to report that my "quality" MS Forcefeedback Wheel broke. With Forza I'm kind of a ham fisted driver sometimes, but I never abuse my controllers. It still looks practically new. But it began double clutching when I used the right shift paddle, and then it wouldn't shift at all. I noticed it didn't make the small click sound the left paddle did, so I worked it to see if there was something in the way of a trigger pad - and gently. In a previous life I'd been a tech. But darn if the paddle didn't fall out of the wheel frame, and one little leg was broken. And **** if it wasn't little. Poor design. Gah, and it felt like such a decently made wheel controller too, not flimsy like the very earliest ones. And I'd just about beat the game, two levels to go!

It's a good thing Microsoft engineers don't design bridges. *crosses fingers*

On a side note, I got it at a U.S. Target store with a 3 year warranty. *hugs warranty* And I can get it to shift awkwardly, by wedging it sort of into place and of all things, nudging it forward. I may just drive like this until I do those endurance races. :p

Nstriker20

Forum Elder
Jul 24, 2005
www.ps3forums.com
[QUOTE="Dasimpse, post: 0]I wouldnt say the ps3 really had any bugs, bar warhawk drops and crashes. thats software though.

But thats off topic lol. It is true the 360 is annoying for its faults. My ELITE has started making as much noise if not more, and getting hotter than my older 360! im gutted![/QUOTE]

I was thinking about getting the Elite and Halo 3 when Halo 3 comes out, but i would just wait till Microsoft comes out with the 65nanometer chip for the xbox360.

I can't deal with systems that will break down. I know i would not have any problems because summer will be over by the time Halo 3 comes out, and the temperature will be dropping from that point on until winter is over. Then i will start having heat troubles when summer 2008 rolls by. I will just wait.