Problems you've found in the LBP Beta.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
Has anybody found any problems whilst playing the Beta?

I discovered that if you have a wireless guitar plugged in (GHA version), even if the guitar is off, but the wireless sensor is in, the game reads it as a second controller and can create a few problems.

I always leave the wireless sensor plugged in, and never had a problem with any other game.

Jul 27, 2007
[QUOTE="leeroy101, post: 0]um what has this got to do in relevant to LBP?[/quote]

Seriously? Are you for real???????

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
[QUOTE="leeroy101, post: 0]um what has this got to do in relevant to LBP?[/quote]

he said it dosent happen with any other game except lbp, he also wanted to no if you had any problems, thats what it got to do with lbp, anyhow i wasent quick enough to get me a code soo thats my problem :/

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
Yeah this is a general thread for people to discuss any problems with the product we are beta testing, that's one of the reasons people beta test.

As Josh said, I see this as a problem, as it's the only game this happens with.

PS3fan15

Forum Elder
Oct 10, 2006
the online is laggy.. and the create mode is veryyy slow. like i wanna drop something at the end of level and im at the beginning.. it takes for ever to start from point A to go to point B to drop the item.

other than that it's a blast.. sometimes my fingers get tired from trying to jump high heights.. but that's just me i guess..

gruddy

Elite Sage
Aug 29, 2007
Please remember that the beta is of an old version of the game.

It's been said that in the final version of the game, most problems are non-existent. Also, they say that the performance is much better.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
Yeah I really wish some people would try and find out what a beta test is before making smart *** coments...

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
Some people think this is a bloody demo. Beta does not = Demo so whoever thought of this as a Demo is stupid. There are supposed to be flaws (Well there nearly always is) in a Beta and that's what "you" the tester.. has to point out so that it can "maybe" be fixed by release. Some people..

Selo

Apprentice
Jun 28, 2007
as said earlier, the idea of the beta is that you find problems in it, so they can be reported and fixed.

ive found a couple of things in the create mode mostly, but i reckon that most of them will have been fixed for the final build. I have had it that sometimes different objects get attached to each other, but aren't actually attached.

it sounds weird but i'll give you an example. i created a "monkey" (it doesnt really look anything like a monkey) and i gave it a head and a body, arms and legs. now the head was seperate from the body so i glued them together. but when i play it through the head falls off the body and rests somewhere else. this wouldnt be a problem, but the thng is i can't detach the head from the body to move it back. this was a pre-saved item so maybe that is the reason.

as other people have noticed the online is slightly laggy. now i didnt experience any lag whilst playing the level with online people, only when they entered the level, which i was sort of expecting, but hopefully it will be smoother on the final release.

another bug happened in create mode when i was nearly finished on my level. i was playing it through and for some reason the whole stage dissolved even though it wasnt made of dissolve material. it turns out that some of the score bubbles had fallen off of their position causing it to dissolve, but this still didnt make sense.

also i have occasionally had the screen go really weird with a dissolving effect but not actually doing anything. its a bit like a marble effect on screen. i just exited the level and started again, no big deal.

like i said i fully expect these things to be ironed out as this is an old build and it is a beta.

i am absolutely loving the game though. me and my friend played the game for 12 hours straight the other night eventually deciding at 9am that we should probably get some sleep. also i have laughed so much in ages. the sackboys are awesome and the actions you can get them to do are really cool.

if anyone is on the beta and wants to try one of my levels, its called Monkey Burn. i would love to hear what you have to say about it. me and my friend made it during that 12 hrs. please bear in mind it was our first attempt so be kind :)

if anyone has any levels let me know as i would like to play through them

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 0]Some people think this is a bloody demo. Beta does not = Demo so whoever thought of this as a Demo is stupid. There are supposed to be flaws (Well there nearly always is) in a Beta and that's what "you" the tester.. has to point out so that it can "maybe" be fixed by release. Some people..[/quote]

Yea, if some one here gets into the beta, i will kindly buy it from them (SP not real money) but im in canada....

Y

Yip-Man

[QUOTE="DonMare, post: 0]I'll second that, hahahahahaha
:D:D:D[/quote]

least gives us more time to re earn the burnout trophies !!

foker

Apprentice
Mar 22, 2007
give us free cam in editor,i dont mind about cllipping,.. give us option to build levels, without sackboy present, couse sometimes you have him in the place where you build and you gave to exit popit,.. move him,.. and then again toogle trough popit again,.. I wish he would just remember what you were doing,.. cutting tool, no shape limitationas,.. so you culd make mor organic levels,.. lag and ocassionaj framerate drop,. option for him to remember what plain, and what thicknes he is working on,.. this **** is so painstaking, and long,.. you have only like 9 plaines to work with 3major ones and bavk and forth thin ones why on earth is managing this **** so hard,.. make a hud on which plain were at, stats like range erc .. make a hud for creators with keyboard and mouse support with hotkeys,..I bet icould make better levels than developers, if the imput did mot take 96percent of your time.

Sep 3, 2008
[QUOTE="foker, post: 0]give us free cam in editor,i dont mind about cllipping,.. give us option to build levels, without sackboy present, couse sometimes you have him in the place where you build and you gave to exit popit,.. move him,.. and then again toogle trough popit again,.. I wish he would just remember what you were doing,.. cutting tool, no shape limitationas,.. so you culd make mor organic levels,.. lag and ocassionaj framerate drop,. option for him to remember what plain, and what thicknes he is working on,.. this **** is so painstaking, and long,.. you have only like 9 plaines to work with 3major ones and bavk and forth thin ones why on earth is managing this **** so hard,.. make a hud on which plain were at, stats like range erc .. make a hud for creators with keyboard and mouse support with hotkeys,..I bet icould make better levels than developers, if the imput did mot take 96percent of your time.[/quote]

It doesn't look like you can manage a simple keyboard to input your forum posts, so I'm not sure how they could make it easy enough for you

Feb 22, 2005
[QUOTE="degville, post: 0]It doesn't look like you can manage a simple keyboard to input your forum posts, so I'm not sure how they could make it easy enough for you[/quote]

yah....wow...im usually forgivable about spelling/typo's as long as the grammer is still right....and i can usually read right through typo's but that was just a massive wall of misplaced letters..

foker

Apprentice
Mar 22, 2007
Everything I said is 100 percent true. Sorry about my writing, english is not my native language, plus I'm typing with sixaxis.

Sep 1, 2006
So-Cal
the only thing that ive noticed... is the "rag-doll" physics of sackboys arms when hanging from grababble objects sometimes stretches out too much.

Venger

Forum Elder
Jun 16, 2005
- LBP treats the Sony Blu-ray Remote as a usable controller, making you turn it off with the PS button. Something you normally can't and don't have to do.

- Online is laggy, tried playing the tie skipping game online and other players where blurring around the screen and teleporting about.

- the ability of your sackboy to move into one of the three layers of the game is a bit twitchy, sometimes the sackboy changes layers when he shouldn't, and sometimes it is hard to tell which layer an object is.

Otherwise the game looks, plays and works largely as advertised.

foker

Apprentice
Mar 22, 2007
So am I the only one who sees problems and inconsistency with the way the editor is cluncky,.. I love LBP,.. but iff you spent 6 hours in editor,...eh,..

Grym

Master Poster
Dec 31, 2005
Report the problem? I mean they could fix it if they knew about it. :eek:

Oh well.. someone will.

and also, the beta build is a month or two old. Before the final polish stage.

PS3fan15

Forum Elder
Oct 10, 2006
yeah i can see what u mean.. and venger i totally agree.. i hate the way they show the depth cuz u can never tell which depth its at

Selo

Apprentice
Jun 28, 2007
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 0]It freezes alot, It takes an age to connect to the net and online is laggy.

Still an awesome game though.[/quote]

thats the main thing that bothers me at the moment. however it is only a beta and i expect it to freeze up, but its still annoying when you have done loads in creating a level only for it to freeze before you can save it!

Venger

Forum Elder
Jun 16, 2005
New problem. Every time I run the "Sprung Bolt" tutorial I get the Japanese language track instructions.

On the topic of tutorials the conditions for success can be a bit weird, the wobble bolt wouldn't finish till I moved the tie to the exact same place as on the other figure.

Anyone know how or where to report issues?