PS VR may be coming to PC in the future

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201328

But PlayStation VR is not just a Playstation 4 peripheral. While Ito warned that "nothing will happen right away," he revealed that Sony was considering plans to enable the use of Playstation VR through connection with PCs in the future. "Since Playstation 4 shares a lot of its internals with PCs, the possibility is there. At the moment we are focused on games and we are not ready to make any announcements at this stage, but I'd say there will be an expansion into various fields."
Hmmm, I guess they could make a USB adapter for the PS camera. If VR picks up in a huge way then I can easily see this happening.

Of course, this was translated by some guy named "MSDefenseForce", who admits he translated it while drunk. So....yeah.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Hmm, if something more concrete comes out before now and December I just might consider getting one over the Vive or maybe along side it.

I always thought it might come to PC I'm sure they said it would

TapaTalking from my Mind.

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
I read a similar article on PC Gamer, and it sounded a bit like they were giving the most strained interpretation of what was said possible.

The PC Gamer article just said "It's cheap and trash" so it was more like gloating, even though nothing was actually confirmed, and of course it ignored how many people said there were even some advantages of the PSVR over the Rift and Vive. Of course they both have advantages (resolution for both and tracking for Vive) but the PSVR has some competitive advantages, even in hardware: Comfort and ease of use with glasses. Those two small things can't be overlooked.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="bobtheduck, post: 6507780]I read a similar article on PC Gamer, and it sounded a bit like they were giving the most strained interpretation of what was said possible.

The PC Gamer article just said "It's cheap and trash" so it was more like gloating, even though nothing was actually confirmed, and of course it ignored how many people said there were even some advantages of the PSVR over the Rift and Vive. Of course they both have advantages (resolution for both and tracking for Vive) but the PSVR has some competitive advantages, even in hardware: Comfort and ease of use with glasses. Those two small things can't be overlooked.[/QUOTE]

Surely comfort is down to the user? I mean PSVR is cheap, significantly cheaper, so it's kinda expected corners would've been cut and compromises made. That's not really to drag on PSVR but just stating facts

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
[QUOTE="BBK.., post: 6507785]Surely comfort is down to the user? I mean PSVR is cheap, significantly cheaper, so it's kinda expected corners would've been cut and compromises made. That's not really to drag on PSVR but just stating facts[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every reviewer I've read said PSVR is the most comfortable of the 3 primary devices. I suppose some may disagree, of course. I think the DS2/3/4 are more comfortable than the Xbox 360 / Xbone controllers, but I know many who disagree. I saw, over and over, that PSVR is the most comfortable of the bunch, and easiest to wear with glasses. As I have glasses and will never be getting contacts, this is important for me. I haven't used CV yet, of course, but DK2 was a pain for me to put on, so this was incredibly welcome news for me.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="bobtheduck, post: 6507885]Pretty much every reviewer I've read said PSVR is the most comfortable of the 3 primary devices. I suppose some may disagree, of course. I think the DS2/3/4 are more comfortable than the Xbox 360 / Xbone controllers, but I know many who disagree. I saw, over and over, that PSVR is the most comfortable of the bunch, and easiest to wear with glasses. As I have glasses and will never be getting contacts, this is important for me. I haven't used CV yet, of course, but DK2 was a pain for me to put on, so this was incredibly welcome news for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you're wrong but that everyone has different preferences. The glasses thing is a legitimate concern for yourself though.

It's like helmets. Different brands fit different shape heads. I have a very nice Shoei helmet which fits me perfectly and I swear it's the best helmet I've ever owned but my friend owns an Arai helmet and finds mine too tight around the forehead yet they're the same size.

I wouldn't take reviewers saying one is more comfortable than the other as gospel. I really want the Vive but might find the Rift of PSVR more suitable for my shape head or vice versa

bobtheduck

Elite Guru
Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
If PSVR (+PS camera(?) + breakout box) drivers hit PC, it will make my eventual Gaming PC purchase much easier. I want a gaming PC someday, and I want to get into experimental VR stuff. If they can get PSVR to work on Oculus games (and Vive?), I will be quite happy. In fact, I would rather save up 1200 bucks for a nice gaming rig than pay 500 for a mid-generation console upgrade. So, I will have to save up around 2200 dollars post PSVR for a new eventual phone and a new PC (I'm in Japan on 1 year at a time visas, so I have to pay up front for the whole phone without even getting the benefit of discounted phone service...)

If PSVR supports PC and gets hacked into Oculus ready games, it will obliterate the competition.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I know valve said Vive games will be compatible with rift games and I believe it's the same the other way around so no reason it won't go that way

TapaTalking from my Mind.