PS3 forum growing pains?

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
This past week I have noticed some changes that have come and gone but I’m still experiencing the following issues:

· Simple thread navigation logs me off the forum?
· I can’t give rep?
· Editing posts requires logging onto the forum several times?

I was just curious if these were temporary system issues or is the something that only I’m experiencing?

Recently I saw a ad at the top of the forum page (before you log on) to contribute to the forum by subscribing. http://www.ps3forums.com/payments.php I thought it was a good idea so I subscribed, but nothing seems to have changed? I looked around for more information on what benefits there was to scribing besides donating money to a good cause? Is there a thread that goes into this in more detail (tried the search with no results)?

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
It would be nice if you could still leave the checkmark next to "remember my login" in the main sign in. As it is, I have to reply to a post before I get that option.

My spyware sweeper is set to schizoid and kills the cookie sometimes.

Svetlana

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2005
England
I just figured out that by clicking on User CP on the new skin and logging in through there, there's a 'remember me' button that can be checked. I haven't been logged out as of yet *touch wood*.

Nov 22, 2005
I don't know how this is a problem for you guys. I have never had problems logging into the site. I don't know though, I haven't logged off or closed this window all day. Wonder if it just started doing it today.

PS - Can someone PM me on what people mean by paying money for the site?

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 0]I don't know how this is a problem for you guys. I have never had problems logging into the site. I don't know though, I haven't logged off or closed this window all day. Wonder if it just started doing it today.

PS - Can someone PM me on what people mean by paying money for the site?[/quote]

Please see the link in the OP about subscribing to this forum. What I’m talking about by logging me off:

· Sign on the forum and open a thread, then after reading the thread clicking on the last page of thread posts has been kicking me off the forum.
· Trying to rep a post comes up with a warning saying that you do not have permission and to refresh your web browser. Once you do that you are taken back to the member log-on screen.
· Editing you posts is only possible if you hit the advanced button.

No this has been going on fore three or four days now.

T

TheN1Armyguy

The only thing I really care about is if they make the forums PlayStation 3 colored like red and black just like on the PlayStation Underground forums.

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
I switched web browsers to Firefox and my giving rep and getting kicked off the website forum problems are resolved. ;)

Nov 22, 2005
[QUOTE="Redrider, post: 0]I switched web browsers to Firefox and my giving rep and getting kicked off the website forum problems are resolved. ;) [/QUOTE]

I use Firefox, I guess that is why I saw no problem at all.

Apr 27, 2006
pushingpixels.net
[QUOTE="Faceless, post: 0]I think most people will agree with you there..... But where did this come from lol.[/quote]

Hehe, I got the wrong idea too.8)
I think he means by "adult chat", that he finds this forum the most civilized of all the forums he has visited and that the majority of our members are not immature little brats lol.

[QUOTE="Redrider, post: 0]
Recently I saw a ad at the top of the forum page (before you log on) to contribute to the forum by subscribing. http://www.ps3forums.com/payments.php I thought it was a good idea so I subscribed, but nothing seems to have changed? I looked around for more information on what benefits there was to scribing besides donating money to a good cause? Is there a thread that goes into this in more detail (tried the search with no results)?[/quote]

I believe when the new skin is finally done (a few minor changes are being done to it), the paid subscribers and the ability to donate to the forum will be initiated.