Ps3 is broke? what do i do?

joshuam

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2008
i turn on my ps3 and it still makes that sound and sony playstation still comes up but after that all i get are wavey lines. So i turn it of and on and it does the same thing
i left it for a day and turned it on yet i still get wavey lines

what should i do?
thanks in advance

S

SnowHawk

do you see the XMB and also I think the wavy lines you are seeing are the background for the XMB. also I know this seem a bit strange but have you actually tried phoning Sony ?? I don't know but it's worth a shot to do that.

what's the worse that could happen. ;)

Jun 15, 2008
You sound like you need to phone sony. There very helpful and normally bring a replacement out within the week. I was out of warranty and they still did it for free :)

May 10, 2008
Did you have to send them yours first? Oddly, shortly after reading this post actually, my PS3 did the same thing last night. Just stopped reading discs.
I have to send it back to Sony, they aren't sending a replacment though.
I just got the thing in March too!

joshuam

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2008
[QUOTE="wunderless, post: 0]Did you have to send them yours first? Oddly, shortly after reading this post actually, my PS3 did the same thing last night. Just stopped reading discs.
I have to send it back to Sony, they aren't sending a replacment though.
I just got the thing in March too![/quote]

I rang them and talked to someone and he said about turning it off and when the red light is showing hold the button until it beeps twice then that didnt work so they are sending someone to exchange over the ps3's free of charge :)
i got mine in around February and the guy said that the error was due to the 2.50 update

May 10, 2008
Hmmm, that's cool, that they'll come exchange it for you.
I have to wait a while they get mine, and either fix it or send a replacement, all of this through the mail. Either way it's getting fixed for free.
Sony has always been good when my stuff craps the bed.

A

Alfrayer

I'm from England so i hope tis services extends to me - where they send someone out haha. Well i have an identicle problem so would someone be able to give me the number they used ? =D I got Far cry 2 coming in 2-5 days and wanna get it out of the way tomorrow :) please post if you know the number or know where to get the number ;D

Taylor1981

Superior Member
Oct 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Alfrayer, post: 0]I'm from England so i hope tis services extends to me - where they send someone out haha. Well i have an identicle problem so would someone be able to give me the number they used ? =D I got Far cry 2 coming in 2-5 days and wanna get it out of the way tomorrow :) please post if you know the number or know where to get the number ;D[/quote]

My PS3 died and I created a thread (with Sony Support number). Have a read, any questions, let me know. They usually turn it round in a few days.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=168411