PS3 Making small grinding noise

Formula

Forum Elder
Jan 17, 2008
Its not a huge deal, but do any of yall ps3's make this semi-faint grinding noise. Not super loud, or not super low. Its to the point where you can hear it.

It does this when i'm playing games or reading dvds. My guess is it having some problem to do with the reading from the CD. But the games and discs has never messed up once.

It sounds like its straining a bit. It only does this when i insert any sort of disc.

Do any of you hear this from your ps3..Also, i dont think it made this noise from day 1. It started over a period of time and i guess im starting to pick up on it.

Are these symptoms of any future problems?

Dec 17, 2008
[QUOTE="Formula, post: 0]Its not a huge deal, but do any of yall ps3's make this semi-faint grinding noise. Not super loud, or not super low. Its to the point where you can hear it.

It does this when i'm playing games or reading dvds. My guess is it having some problem to do with the reading from the CD. But the games and discs has never messed up once.

It sounds like its straining a bit. It only does this when i insert any sort of disc.

Do any of you hear this from your ps3..Also, i dont think it made this noise from day 1. It started over a period of time and i guess im starting to pick up on it.

Are these symptoms of any future problems?[/quote]
A grinding noise surely isn't good. maybe a gear is going bad or something like that in the disc drive that's my only idea