PS3 sales arguement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
9,991
75
0
39
Vekta
#1
I thread was opened earlier about the PS3 having a 6 million install base and it was quickly refuted then closed.

Doing a quick research I found this on another thread:

Worldwide numbers

360
Australia - 195,056
Europe - 3,000,000
Japan - 397,824
Canada - 403,500
US - 5,780,000

TOTAL - 9,777,280
_____

Wii

Australia - 138,192
Europe - 2,200,000
Japan - 3,285,081
Canada - 313,956
US - 3,190,000

TOTAL - 9,127,229
______

PS3

Australia: 66,503
Europe - 1,100,000
Japan - 1,041,978
Canada - 84,584
US - 1,450,000

TOTAL - 3,743,065
--



Sources (last update):
Japan - Media Create (August 9)
US - NPD (June numbers)
Canada - NPD (June numbers)
Australia - August 2007
Europe - NEEDS SOURCE



Now I will admit this has to go for all three systems but what are the chances that we are not seeing all the sales and the PS3 could actually have an instal base of 6 million.

What are we missing? Internet sales, china, south america, africa and many other area's that may not be included in these reports.

How can anyone really tell?
 

imElite

Elite Member
Mar 30, 2007
1,835
0
0
36
#3
More than enough of these threads already man, alot of them all you need to do is hit the search button.

Alot of your numbers arent uptodate as well. Wii has seemed to surpass the 360, Ps3 is apparently in 4million already. And despite what some people say, the 360 is above 10million.
 

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
11,787
4
0
29
#4
Wow, those are very old. The Wii is so close in sales with the Xbox360 that it may have already surpassed it. And the PS3 sold more than 4 million.. old sales.
 

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
14,920
1
0
32
#5
Australia: 66,503
Europe - 1,300,000
Japan - 1,085,019
Canada - 84,584
US - 1,609,000

TOTAL - 4,145,106
This is what we know so far, not inclduing online slaes, walmart sales, or every little stores.
 
P

Phester

Guest
#6
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]This is what we know so far, not inclduing online slaes, walmart sales, or every little stores.[/quote]

What do you mean "not including...."

You do know that NPD accounts for all of those other retail stores, don't you?

And FYI, as of the last NPD report, the PS3 sales in the US are 1,611,000
 

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
9,991
75
0
39
Vekta
#7
I see. I was just wondering because of the threads I looked in I really didn't see anyone mention area's that might fall outside these popular reports. This is not meant to stir up a hornets nest just more of a question about perspective and the perceived truth.
 

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
14,920
1
0
32
#8
[QUOTE="Phester, post: 0]What do you mean "not including...."

You do know that NPD accounts for all of those other retail stores, don't you?

And FYI, as of the last NPD report, the PS3 sales in the US are 1,611,000[/QUOTE]

No it does not sorry, it accounts for 60% the other 40% is in limbo.
 
B

Bakari

Guest
#9
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]No it does not sorry, it accounts for 60% the other 40% is in limbo.[/quote]

They do account for them, maybe not directly but those stores are included in their overall formula. Not to mention that the big 3 (Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo) ALL use NPD numbers, and have stated numerous times that the NPD numbers are incredibly close to the ones they keep themselves.
 

GhostFox61

Elite Member
Jan 26, 2007
1,506
3
0
38
#10
Honestly we know nothing. The only reliable sales figures come from Sony's quarterly fiscal reports. Until the next one is released, we won't have an accurate picture. We can estimate, but the numbers swing all over the place.

One thing I will say is that Sony announced last time that they are confident they will meet their goal of an install base in excess of 15 million by March '08. I'm not exactly sure how, but their sales figures must be telling them something. I wonder if it means a holiday price drop. We will have to just wait and see.
 
N

Nick-18

Guest
#11
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 0]Wow, those are very old. The Wii is so close in sales with the Xbox360 that it may have already surpassed it. And the PS3 sold more than 4 million.. old sales.[/quote]
Yeah those are very old sales but i'm still going to give you + REP because you tried, and that's all that matters!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.