PS3 sales boost Sony share prices!!!!!!

the jackle.2

Dedicated Member
Oct 31, 2006
more good new for sony,it just keeps rolling and rolling

Sony's stock prices shot up 4.54 percent (250 yen) to close at 5,750 yen - said to be thanks to the here recent boost in PS3 sales and a deal that saw the Dubai state fund invest up to $500 million in the company.

Koya Tabata, an analyst at Credit Suisse, spotted the obvious: "The news of brisk PS3 sales in North America apparently had an effect on Sony shares."

Conversely, Nintendo shares dropped by 800 Yen (1.28 percent) to 61,700, while Wii remains widely sold out in the major territories worldwide.

For those that don't understand, Sony's doing 'aight'
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176412

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Wish there were more posters from 2005 who stuck around for the good times that are just around the corner now.

Nov 6, 2005
NA
all i can say is expected...hey lefein...i joined back in 2005 under gotti...but at the time i was a lurker...trying to learn about the systems...so i did not post much and my account was reset after a while...i think but then i created another name several months later...gotti1914...and now i am...so i been here...but i was lurking to learn...couldn't decide what sysem i wanted at the time...

Nov 6, 2005
NA
[QUOTE="illusionstj, post: 0]When is my join date? I think 2006, ****. Oh wait it is '05, represent bitch![/quote]

yooo...what'z up '05...what'z the deal...we representing...

illusionstj

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2005
[QUOTE="Saigon, post: 0]yooo...what'z up '05...what'z the deal...we representing...[/QUOTE]

Hell yea. Too bad I have less posts than people that have been around for 3 months. haha

Nov 6, 2005
NA
[QUOTE="illusionstj, post: 0]Hell yea. Too bad I have less posts than people that have been around for 3 months. haha[/quote]

man do i feel you on that one...

M

majinvegeta

This was posted yesterday, but good news :).

And this is just the beginning, can you imagine when MGS4 comes out? GT5? Killzone 2? Final Fantasy 13? PS3 will be shooting through the roofs my friends. And we can't forget about the big 3rd party titles either, like Grand Theft Auto 4? :)

Nintendo? win the console war? hardly. Theres so much the mainstream gamers want (proof is with PS2 and PS1, I shouldn't have to make an essay to explain, if your dumb go read them other posts first) that is not available on the Wii that its not even funny.

PS3 for the wins :).

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
I am honestly impressed with how well the PS3 is doing this early on. I was thinking the party would begin in '08 but the $400 SKU was just what the doctor ordered. I didn't expect some of the games to be as good as they were as well.

Uncharted may just be one of my all time favorite games.

C

Captainnippon

I just realize something. Strong sales of PS3 increased Sony market value by about $ 2.3 billions USD.

rader023

Superior Member
Aug 1, 2007
Uncharted is sweet. From an entertainment standpoint I have had a much better first three months with the ps3 than with my Launch ps2. I think I bought one at a good time! In three months i have bought 6 games, 13 blu-rays, and some online content. So I think Sony is in a good place right now.

Nov 13, 2004
They're doing alright. You never know what could happen. Next time around it could go down.

But the PS3 sales did give it a nice boost. But it's everything Sony sells altogether.

I think I'm 2004. The realest of them all.

TidusX

Super Elite
Oct 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 0]Wish there were more posters from 2005 who stuck around for the good times that are just around the corner now.[/quote]

It is too bad that they had to leave. Well I started around the Launch and have stuck through the bad times. Its nice to see light at the end of the tunnel.

STL.GANGSTER

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2006
[QUOTE="the jackle.2, post: 0]ya i was lurking around here for about a year before i got the courage to say hallo......[/QUOTE]

I was a lurker in 2005 as well. At that time I only posted on boardsus.playstation.com. I would often visit here to read the great threads. Does anyone remember the thread about "next Gen graphics. And what to expect from them (not sure of the exact name)" There were pictures featureing ray tracing being thrown around. People were in disbelief about the latest madden bullshots, and pgr3 as well.

The technical disscussions were great. I remember that Terranium (sp?) would always come in and own on the tech side, hehe.

Legend Killer

Master Poster
Dec 24, 2005
History is about to repeat itself ladies & gentlemen, Now I'll just sit back and watch Sony slowly rise back to the top they supposedly lost according to fanboys of an certain company I wish not to say the name of, for safety reasons.

Nov 6, 2005
NA
[QUOTE="Legend Killer, post: 0]History is about to repeat itself ladies & gentlemen, Now I'll just sit back and watch Sony slowly rise back to the top they supposedly lost according to fanboys of an certain company I wish not to say the name of, for safety reasons.[/quote]

lol...that was a good one...

Redrider

Forum Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 0]Wish there were more posters from 2005 who stuck around for the good times that are just around the corner now.[/quote]

What is that I'm beginning to hear and will be getting louder and louder in 2008? "I told you so". :cool::cool::cool:

B

Boris Beefcake

Who's fanboys are the worst? Sony's? Microsoft's? or Nintendo's? I have an opinion or two but I think I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks

Callo

¡Viva México Cabrones!
Dec 20, 2005
Houston, TX
www.ps3forums.com
Keep the good news keep coming!
This could mean more marketing $$$ for the PS3!

[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 0]Wish there were more posters from 2005 who stuck around for the good times that are just around the corner now.[/QUOTE]
Hey Lefein, I am from 05 and I'm still here! 8)

Proud owner of two PS3s (one from launch) and 20 PS3 disc games and 5 PSN games! 8)8)8)
That ^^^ has nothing to do with the topic, I am just proud! And some still dare say that the PS3 has no games...

Lirion

Sony samurai
Dec 14, 2005
I remember Lefein having a Dr Cox avatar. :p

But yeah, it's good to see Sony and the PS3 doing good. That means more games for us and less fanboys ruining the forums every chance they get.

bayster

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
[QUOTE="Lirion, post: 0]I remember Lefein having a Dr Cox avatar. :p

But yeah, it's good to see Sony and the PS3 doing good. That means more games for us and less fanboys ruining the forums every chance they get.[/QUOTE]

It only seems like yesterday for me when he had that avatar. It's wierd how ive been here for so long at yet have relatively little amount of posts.