PS3 To Pick Up 360 Title - UPDATE - It was 'Scene It!'

Nov 19, 2007
Whilst we can’t reveal any specifics right now, we can now reveal that the PlayStation 3 will play host to a popular 360 favourite. The title, which has to remain under wraps with us for the time being, will be released towards the end of the year. We’ve been promised more information in roughly a month’s time, at which point we’ll be able to share the specifics, first.

Our contact has also let us know that the studio will have other exciting news to share soon enough. Note that we can not talk about this further at this stage.
Have a good weekend.
Source

Possibly Mass Effect 2 since everybody has suspected that for a while, Im not sure?!

Edit: They might have been talking about Castle Crashers although it's unclear as they are specifically avoiding the question on the site which would seem to suggest it's something else.

Edit: New comment on the subject from thesixthaxis. It's a niche title supposedly.

Way back on the tenth of July we posted a little teaser about a title that was previously an Xbox 360 console exclusive but which would soon be making the jump to the PlayStation 3. Almost immediately the comments filled up and other blogs picked up the news and started spinning it and fantasizing about what that game might be. We never said it was a huge game, we said we thought you would be interested and that it was popular. We never staked our reputation on it. We were happy to get a little exclusive from a developer that we saw as a reward for sitting on the news since April when almost any other site would have ruined the announcement by leaking the news. We were pleased that we’d done things properly and that a developer had noticed and decided that they would like to deal with our little fansite.

Yesterday goonlinegames.net ran a post suggesting that we had prior knowledge of Castle Crashers coming to the PS3, and that this was related to our earlier post. We’d like to set the record straight that Castle Crashers, whilst exciting for PS3 owners, isn’t the franchise we were referring to.

Things have a gone a little crazy since that original post and a lot of people have gotten very excited by what they imagined we meant. Let’s not pretend here: We said what we meant back on the tenth of July. Anything else has been embellished by other people who have let their imaginations run away with them. We can understand that. I used to have a list of 360 exclusives that I wanted to appear on the PS3 but I realised that most of them were first or second party titles that never had a chance of appearing on Sony’s platform. So I bought an Xbox360 and enjoyed them there. It’s understandable that single-console owners would be hopeful for the very best of the other platform’s exclusives and with hindsight we may have made a slight error of judgement. We hold our hands up, we got excited about getting an exclusive and we allowed room for you all to get excited about what it might be.

The announcement of Castle Crashers has sparked a whole new round of wild rumour and speculation which we feel we have to stand up and quash before it all gets even further out of hand. The exclusive we got was not in reference to any of the Microsoft-published games we’ve seen suggested, it was not Halo, Gears, Left4Dead, Splinter Cell or Mass Effect. If you want those titles then we would suggest you go and buy an Xbox360, they’re really rather good. The title we were teasing about is a niche title which we are quite looking forward to and we think some of our readers will be interested in. We are not telling you what it was because we have an agreement with the publisher and at TheSixthAxis we don’t leak but rest assured that it is not any of those huge AAA games that have been suggested. That would be ridiculous.
Update: Looks like it was Scene It! that they were talking about after all that!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/09/02/scene-it-lands-on-playstation/

Lirion

Sony samurai
Dec 14, 2005
Yeah I say it's Mass Effect 2. I can't see Gears coming to PS3 and Forza, Halo, any Rare game, that's not going to happen.

krazey2k

Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2008
I'm not sure on this one.
Hmm...what game will it be.
I am I the only one thinking this article is pure BS?

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
I'm going with BS as of now.

BUT, if there was a 360 game to be released, it would probabley be Halo, since Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore.

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
Mass Effect 2 is the only 360 exclusive I'm interested in (I was intrigued by Alan Wake until I saw the gameplay footage), so if that jumps ship I'll be very happy.

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
[QUOTE="Boxman, post: 0]I'm going with BS as of now.

BUT, if there was a 360 game to be released, it would probabley be Halo, since Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore.[/quote]

Microsoft owns the Halo IP still. Bungie may be 3rd party now but it's like insomniac all the IP's that would make them money is owned by Sony/Microsoft.

Anyway its either going to be Star Ocean IV or Mass Effect 1 since it's suppose to come out this year for PS3 apparently

D

Dave

It's not going to be Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2's IP is owned by Microsoft. Do not link me to the latest comments from EA/BioWare, because I am more than aware of them saying that the IP is not owned by Microsoft. However, just to clarify it all for you guys, Microsoft DOES own the IP for Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. They would NOT own the IP to Mass Effect 3 (which is why BioWare/EA has stated that Microsoft do not own the IP exclusively).

So everyone hoping for that to happen, should give up now.

metalhead312

Superior Member
Aug 14, 2008
Possibly that one game called Alan wake...Theres been alot of hype from the 360 owners about that one.I doubt this one would come cause valve hates sony but i hope its left 4 dead

Nov 19, 2007
[QUOTE="Boxman, post: 0]I'm going with BS as of now.

BUT, if there was a 360 game to be released, it would probabley be Halo, since Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore.[/quote]
It won't be BS, the guys at thesixthaxis don't make stuff up, they're pretty reliable. It's 'nofi' who wrote the article, people might know him from GAF. If he says a dev has told him then he's telling the truth.

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
Mass Effect. Bioware were practically screaming it with their recent statement and I think it was suspect that Mass Effect 2 wasn't shown at MS press conference.

hillybilly

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2008
Theres nothing I really want but it will probably be mass effect 2, tho I wont pick it up as I didnt enjoy the 1st one as much as other peeps

Aug 25, 2006
The Halo intellectual property belongs to Microsoft as far as I know.
MS does not own the IP for Left4Dead, Mass Effect and Gears of War. EPIC owns GeOW, but was contractually obligated to make the first two games for the 360.

We got plenty of good shooters already, but I personally would love to see Mass Effect 1&2 on the PS3. After playing Obivion and Fallout3 I am really starting to like western type RPGs