PS3 Turns Off

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
Howdy all

I have a problem with my PS3 console, it turns itself off while loading a game.

I get the beep sound and then the red flashing light? umm so anyone can tell me what is the problem? I think I saw the yellow light x.X some people say it's the light of death! aww what to do ;[

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
Awww nonono TT^TT

What will happen to my saved files? aw no I can't replay all those games and the trophies I got! oh god :[

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
Super place called Wales.
[QUOTE="Xraein, post: 5599657]Awww nonono TT^TT

What will happen to my saved files? aw no I can't replay all those games and the trophies I got! oh god :[[/QUOTE]

As long as you can turn it on, back up the saves onto a flash drive.

btbam

Super Elite
Jan 28, 2011
The Moor
happened to me, with an old fatty ps3, they let me trade it in for a new slim for 50 bucks. so contact sony customer service and try t work something out not a bad deal really! sorry your system is a gonner, but all is not lost

F

Fozzy3

Please help me!!!!during a system update i had a powercut at my house,now when i switch on my ps3 it trys to update the system and gets to 99%before freezing, i ve tried holding the power button until it resets to get the menu up but it doesnt do this,all suggestions apart from throwing it through my window greatly appreciated thanks

Gregorious

Superior Member
Aug 20, 2009
[QUOTE="Fozzy3, post: 5602522]Please help me!!!!during a system update i had a powercut at my house,now when i switch on my ps3 it trys to update the system and gets to 99%before freezing, i ve tried holding the power button until it resets to get the menu up but it doesnt do this,all suggestions apart from throwing it through my window greatly appreciated thanks[/QUOTE]

Does it prompt you to install first? If so download the update to a USB from the web, and install from there. I had something similar happen when PSN came back online, this worked for me.

TOM2x

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2007
Also, if you have a Slim PS3, Then you don't have to worry about the disc being stuck, there is a recessed screw you can turn which acts as a manual way to get the disc out. Check it out on Youtube, It's real, no joke, they did this I presume to allow people to get the game disc out if it ever dies on you. Oh, and try to download the update on USB stick and then install it on the system, as someone else said previously.

TOM2x

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2007
[QUOTE="Xraein, post: 5599644]Howdy all

I have a problem with my PS3 console, it turns itself off while loading a game.

I get the beep sound and then the red flashing light? umm so anyone can tell me what is the problem? I think I saw the yellow light x.X some people say it's the light of death! aww what to do ;[[/QUOTE]

I fear it's a hardware failure. Also, was it overheating?