PS3Forums WET Thread

Aug 27, 2008
Really liked the demo, music fit the mood. But I don't think it's worth the $60 price tag so i'll wait until it's cheaper before I pick it up.

darksora

Master Poster
Apr 23, 2007
I didn't really enjoy it, thought it was a mediocre(spl?) game needing alot of polish. Stranglehold looked and played a lot better in my opinion, although the car chase wasn't too bad

Now if it was a psn title, I wouldn't be so harsh on it at all, but for a full retail price its no where near the quality to justify buying it.

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
Jan 13, 2009
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 0]I really enjoyed it. Didn't think I would but I had alot of fun. I really want to get Wet but I don't have enough money.[/quote]
oh ok. you can also participate @ the thingy on the site: http://wet.bethsoft.com?fbid=IAu19MUsJUF
it's on promo
[QUOTE="LastManDancing, post: 0]Really liked the demo, music fit the mood. But I don't think it's worth the $60 price tag so i'll wait until it's cheaper before I pick it up.[/quote]
yea its quite expensive. i'll pre order it tho.
[QUOTE="darksora, post: 0]I didn't really enjoy it, thought it was a mediocre(spl?) game needing alot of polish. Stranglehold looked and played a lot better in my opinion, although the car chase wasn't too bad

Now if it was a psn title, I wouldn't be so harsh on it at all, but for a full retail price its no where near the quality to justify buying it.[/quote]
i really have to try stranglehold, what/who are you in that game?
[QUOTE="R33C3reece, post: 0]looks great :)
might have to save up a bit tho :([/quote]
oh ... would be cool if you got it tho!
if you pre-order you get 5 souzndtracks and 10% off!

darksora

Master Poster
Apr 23, 2007
[QUOTE="Dragonfly, post: 0]oh ok. you can also participate @ the thingy on the site: http://wet.bethsoft.com?fbid=IAu19MUsJUF
it's on promo

yea its quite expensive. i'll pre order it tho.

i really have to try stranglehold, what/who are you in that game?

oh ... would be cool if you got it tho!
if you pre-order you get 5 souzndtracks and 10% off![/quote]

Here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/stranglehold/1739

it's an old game (2 years old game) where you play as Chow Yun Fat. I never did buy the game but the demo was awesome. It should still be up on the PS Store in fact. It gets the whole gun toting gameplay down a lot better than Wet does and has destructible environments to add.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
In my honest opinion, it didn't excite me as much as Stranglehold.

I tried the demo and I thought the crosshair felt a little floaty. You had to be very precise to put at least 5 to 8 rounds into your enemy to take him down. And that's only when you're constantly jumping or flying off the walls, lol.

The swordplay was pretty much your mediocre hack and slash -- nothing too exciting apart from doing an upward slash attack on your enemy after you, for instance, move under the pipes at one of the checkpoints. The second level in the demo when Rubi goes crazy and everything has this bloody color scheme to it didn't present much of a challenge at all. You can pretty much run around and shoot everyone with relative ease.

The music was alright. Nothing special, but it fit the mood.

The last level in the demo where you're part of a car-chase with some QTEs intergrated to hop from car to car and escape toppling trucks and rolling cars was pretty fun. But like the level before it, it didn't present much of a challenge. You just need to hit the buttons displayed and hold them long enough for the action to take place.

I wouldn't say it's trash. It looks like it'll be good for some mindless fun. Like others have said, though, it's not worth a 60 dollar price tag. So I would rather wait for the price to go down if I'd ever consider buying it.

I'd give the demo a solid 7/10.

N

nulleduser

i'll probably pick this up when its cheaper, i think it played alot like stranglehold but stranglehold is the better game :p

GunTeng

Elite Guru
May 1, 2006
Its basically Stranglehold with GTA visuals.
I think of it as a spin on the KillBill film tbh...but for me, the visuals make it hard to play ( let alone shoot in a 3PS).

I do think there are some extremely nice & fun elements to it...but this is a game where visuals do affect the game....its hard to look at, especially since much of the gameplay revolves around paying attention to little details (finding enemies in the distance and objects).
I cant say Im a big fan of the one texture for wood, clothes etc.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="GunTeng, post: 0]Its basically Stranglehold with GTA visuals.
I think of it as a spin on the KillBill film tbh...but for me, the visuals make it hard to play ( let alone shoot in a 3PS).

I do think there are some extremely nice & fun elements to it...but this is a game where visuals do affect the game....its hard to look at, especially since much of the gameplay revolves around paying attention to little details (finding enemies in the distance and objects).
I cant say Im a big fan of the one texture for wood, clothes etc.[/quote]

that was exactly what i thought about it.

Dec 7, 2008
[QUOTE="LastManDancing, post: 0]Really liked the demo, music fit the mood. But I don't think it's worth the $60 price tag so i'll wait until it's cheaper before I pick it up.[/quote]

If you pre-order at gamestop, you get $10 off the game so its $50.

F

fleinn

..I think it's been in publishing limbo for over a year. I had it on pre- order for about.. six months?

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
Just played it for a little while - not 100% sold on it yet. Not sure what it is I don't like, might be the grainy, film style that's just not sitting well - but it didn't really come out and grab me like the DiRT and Mini Ninjas demos.

May consider it later on when its cheaper, but at this stage, probably not a buy from me.

GTR1986

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2007
I just played the demo and thought it was quite enjoyable; it seems to be one of those mindless games where you just run around shooting everything. It reminded me of Stranglehold with the diving around and running along walls. The second level was similar to the game "The Club" in that you have to try and keep your kill combo going.

I'm not sure if I'll pick the game up straight away but I will consider it once it drops in price.

HalfOfZero

Loves Kat Von D
Sep 21, 2007
www.just-stay-true.blogspot.com
It's a game that doesn't take itself seriously. Very KillBill/Tarantino stylee. And I like that.

Over the top swordplay and blood splatter mixed with free running acrobatics and slow motion gun slinging... Wrap it up in a kick *** female that "swigs" alcohol for health, and I think we have a winner to the sound of some crazy Jap Rock pop? :p

I'll buy for the right price. Though I can't help but think it'd have been more successful if it was a Psn title. Like the biggest n best Psn game to date. It would be..

iBean

Superior Member
Apr 14, 2009
Demo was fun. But I'm never buying a game like that again since Stranglehold. By that I mean the demo was more fun than the game. Stranglehold just dragged out and felt repetitive after the first level. I think WET will be the same.

Next Level

Superior Member
May 12, 2009
[QUOTE="hitman_Q8, post: 0]this game sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
bathesda should stick 2 fallout
this game stinks in everything[/quote]

This (basically).

Thought it was pretty awful.

Mist

Super Elite
Mar 5, 2007
It's a game I've been following since it was announced. So I've got a lot of faith in it. Didn't realise the demo was up. Will have to download that tonight when I get home.